Let's talk Bryce Young

notthatbluestuff

DJ Chark's answer was more in response to Frank Reich than it was directed at Bryce.  Chark added that he felt he got the correct depth on the play.  Chark also said he didn't think it was zero blitz.

Here is the play in question 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPKFGVgS3h4

It looks to me like a screen play was probably the correct play since the Titans were sending the blitz and our OL wasn't going to be able to hold up because they hadn't all game (more guards injured, Icky bad).  Chark has a chance if he stays more neutral to the LOS (it does look like he takes 1 or 2 more steps backwards than necessary) because there is space on the edge to get the first down.  

But who cares anyway.  Whether it is because of the QB, the OL, the WRs, the coaching, the RBs, Panthers aren't capable of driving 80 yards for a game-winning TD.  Truly one of the worst offenses I have ever seen.  Just the perfect amount of suck up-and-down.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Now show the number of bs flags called for hitting the QB in the helmet directly attributable to him being a foot shorter than everyone else.

Can you name any examples?  Bryce has had maybe 1 or 2 roughing the passer called in his favor this year.

Edited by iknowcool

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Can you name any examples?  Bryce has had maybe 1 or 2 roughing the passer called in his favor this year.

There were two horrendous ones on the last drive of the Lions game alone. Two of the worst "roughing" calls I've ever seen, and I watched Tom Brady's entire career.

As much as it sickens me to say this - Bill O'Brien is a solid fit here. He already knows how to work within the strengths and weaknesses of Bryce. 

I doubt BoB turns them into a serious contender, but he can work them to a .500esque team. 

Just make sure he's not the GM. Or he doesn't have say in any non-coaching decisions. Can't be bringing Easterby in, y'know?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As much as it sickens me to say this - Bill O'Brien is a solid fit here. He already knows how to work within the strengths and weaknesses of Bryce. 

I doubt BoB turns them into a serious contender, but he can work them to a .500esque team. 

Just make sure he's not the GM. Or he doesn't have say in any non-coaching decisions. Can't be bringing Easterby in, y'know?

Tepper only hires coaches whose names begin with R.

Welcome to Carolina, Rex Ryan!