Let's talk Bryce Young

notthatbluestuff

I got to watch him last night for maybe the second time this season. I feel bad for him. I don’t know if he’s not developing well or the scheme is bad or what the issue is but there appears to be nobody open and there’s no run game to give him a chance to breath. The sad thing is there’s no immediate fix because they foolishly traded their first round pick away to do this.

Tepper appears to just be another Daniel Snyder. If he forced the FO to pick Young over the guy they wanted in Stroud as has been reported then Panther fans need to hope some dirt comes out on him and he’s forced to sell the team or just move on now and root for someone else. If the owner is bad there’s almost no fixing it and you’re just screwed as a fanbase. 

Premature to start throwing the "bust" label around until the second half of their sophomore season, and even then there are late bloomers, though the fact the Panthers passed on Stroud for him and probably gave up the chance to draft Caleb Williams or Drake Maye won't help

Edited by jonnguy2015

For all those saying the Panthers made a dumb decision passing on Stroud for Young that's some bull****

Most on here and in the draft community had Young as the consensus #1 QB prospect so it's easy now to say now in hindsight after what we've seen up to this point that Carolina should have taken Stroud instead 

Sure it can be argued that it was a dumb decision in theory for Carolina to trade up and give up all those assets to draft any QB at #1 given the dearth of talent on their roster however pretty sure Texans were going to take Young  instead of being left to take Stroud as they were eyeing a trade up to #1 with the Bears last year and just couldn't get a deal done. This is according to Jay Glazer

The Bears were trading that top pick with Houston to go to No. 2, then Chicago had a deal pretty much worked out with Carolina to go from 2 to 9. Looked like it was going to happen then Houston source says they just couldn’t get that part of the deal done so the Bears made the eventual move with the Panthers, who now have their guy. Young likely would have been the guy for Texans.”  – Jay Glazer

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Bryce will be fine. Look at Lawrence and Goff’s rookie years. I really so think Reich is that bad.

I honestly think so much of the concern has less to do with Young himself and more to do on how Stroud/Richardson/Levis look. These three had their moment where they looked the part of a guy who is a long term starter with franchise/elite potential.

Young has moments where he looks like a long term starter - but he has yet to have that "wow" moment, and had some lesser moments where you wonder if he'll make it.

Truth is, he'll be fine. He needs a HC that understands him (can't believe I'm saying this, but... AS LONG AS HE'S NOT GM, Bill O'Brien is a viable option) and the Panthers can be active in free agency with IOL and WRs, Young can turn into the guy who was considered the BPA last draft.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I honestly think so much of the concern has less to do with Young himself and more to do on how Stroud/Richardson/Levis look. These three had their moment where they looked the part of a guy who is a long term starter with franchise/elite potential.

Young has moments where he looks like a long term starter - but he has yet to have that "wow" moment, and had some lesser moments where you wonder if he'll make it.

Truth is, he'll be fine. He needs a HC that understands him (can't believe I'm saying this, but... AS LONG AS HE'S NOT GM, Bill O'Brien is a viable option) and the Panthers can be active in free agency with IOL and WRs, Young can turn into the guy who was considered the BPA last draft.

Would not be shocked if Stroud and Richardson both end up Top 5 QBs from this class. And Bryce Top 10. It was a good QB class. Levis I still don’t believe in, but he has looked better than I thought he would. 

Another solid QB class upcoming. 

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Go wash your mouth out with soap for suggesting anything BOB related as a potential fix. Shame on you ET! 😎

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Extreme outlier at his position not built like other successful extreme outliers. I honestly worry about his long term health at that size behind that OL. 

the situation is salvageable if you rebuild that OL and get him a myriad of weapons. Not easy to do both in one offseason 

I watched him for the 1st time.  Jesus couldn't play QB with the Panthers. WOW they are worse than the Pats !!!!!

I'm watching Texans against Bengals Stroud is real good however his team are like KC compared to the Panthers!

Young and the Panthers are screwed. They might have a future in 10+ years !!!

That team is dead man walking, pathetic.

On 11/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, ET80 said:

I’m assuming you’re being held hostage somewhere based on your last paragraph 😅

On 11/8/2023 at 5:44 PM, iknowcool said:

Backs up a lot of what I have been saying, if anyone cares to watch.  Bryce needs to play better but it is just the worst possible environment too. The offensive scheme and skill-level and speed/athleticism of our WRs is bottoms in the NFL.  And there's just no hope on the OL.

A lot of smoke to Frank Reich not surviving the season.  Hopefully the next HC, if it happens, has a system in place that is better suited for Bryce's (and the offenses) skill-set.

If Reich is fired after one season, I would start to worry about Tepper being the right owner actually. Not that you can do anything about it. But yeah, you can’t be messing up this badly with HC hirings between him and Rhule. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...