3-63 Travis Kelce        
3-96 Kniles Davis        4 years 2 starts 250-800-11
4-99 Nico Johnson        6 Games 1 Start 7 tackles
5-134 Sanders Cummings        2 Game 1 Tackle
6-170 Eric Kush            3 Games 1 Start
6-204 Braden Wilson        0 career apperences
7-207 Mike Catapano        1 year 1 sack

Traded for Alex Smith        Good trade if your okay with average
Signed Sean Smith 3/18        Great signing worked out.

Signed Dunta Robinson 3/15    8 games 2 starts
Signed Anthony Fasano 4/16    24 games 22 starts in 2 years
Signed Chase Daniels 3/10    3 yeas 2 starts 1 TD
Signed Mike Devito 3/12.6    3 years 19 starts 3 sacks
Signed Donnie Avery 3/11    22 games 55 receptions in 2 years
Signed Geoff Schwartz        1 years 7 starts
Signed Ryan DImperio        0 apperences

1-23 Dee Ford            17 sacks in 4 years are numbers you'd expect from 2-3 round picks. Ogbah is on pace for 19 and tending upward instead of downward like Dee and 95% of Browns fans are calling for his replacement already. Ford is also terrible in run defense white Ogbah is fantastic.
3-87 Phillip Gaines        4 years 15 starts 1 INT
4-124 De'Anthony Thomas        4 years 5 starts 3 TDs
5-163 Aarron Murray        0 career apperances
6-193 Zach Fulton        4 years 43 starts
6-200 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif    4 years 35 stats

Signed Vance Walker 3/15    1 year 2 starts 2 sacks
Signed Joe Mays 2/6        1 year 3 starts 20 tackles

1-18 Marcus Peters        
2-49 Mitch Morse        JAG
3-76 Chris Conley        Replacement Level
3-98 Steven Nelson        Replacement Level
4-118 Ramik Wilson        Replacement Level
5-172 DJ Alexander        2 years 25 tackles
5-173 James O'Shaughnessy    2 years 8 catches traded with #216 for #183 on draft day
6-217 Rakeem Nunez-Roches    Replacement Level
7-233 DaRon Brown        0 appereances

Traded 5th for Ben Grubbs Age 31 (Played 7 games and released after signing 4/24)
Signed Josh Mauga 3/8
Signed Jeremy Maclin 5/55 not exactly the contract I'd like my GM handing out to a guy who goes for 87/1088 and 44/536 in 2 years.

Overall I am less than impressed with this guy. Kelce and Peters picks were about his only 2 really nailed it picks. Eric Fisher was crap his first 3 years in the league and even now the last 2 years he is far from a world beater. The entirety of the Kansas City offensive line is greatly overrated and a lot of Alex Smith "Captain Checkdown" style has to do with the offensive line not holding up far too often. If they had a revolving door of young QBs like Cleveland always does the Oline would have been exposed much more than it is with a good decision maker like Alex back there. The free agent signings have been a disaster. Sean Smith was a good get for 6 mil a year for the time he was there but the rest never even came close to earning their contract.

If is way to early to give opinions on the 2016-2017 off seasons but there are already 4 players who never even made the 53 man roster and not making appearances with other teams one of which was a 3rd round pick who didn't even make it to final cuts.

Color me very unimpressed especially if the guy gets us into cap trouble and we have to see all the talent added the last 2 years just walk out in free agency when it comes that time.

This is depressing.

Makes me wish Sashi were still here.

You, I and other members of the forum couldn't screw up this upcoming draft or the cap.

The track record indicates that Dorsey can.

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Well here is a nifty little article from cleveland.com.  It sheds some light on what he thought of Kizer pre-draft, and that he has seen Mayfield 6x.  Hmmmmm

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/12/browns_john_dorsey_says_chiefs.html#incart_river_home_pop

Read this, doesnt hue like his QBs over 6'2"   wonder if this is true if he and Dorsey wont agree with it.  I could care less as long as we get a competent QB

17 minutes ago, Powertower said:

Read this, doesnt hue like his QBs over 6'2"   wonder if this is true if he and Dorsey wont agree with it.  I could care less as long as we get a competent QB

Who gives a rat's *** about what Cueball thinks?

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unfortunately Jimmy Haslam does it would seem.

ugh....I'm going to bed.

stupid is as stupid does. 

Seriously this team is like bamboo's mum t the start of bambi. 

Or mufasa in Lion king. 

or the death star when the x-wing sperm hit its g spot. 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:46 AM, Dogbite said:

1-1. Eric Fisher        
3-63 Travis Kelce        
3-96 Kniles Davis        4 years 2 starts 250-800-11
4-99 Nico Johnson        6 Games 1 Start 7 tackles
5-134 Sanders Cummings        2 Game 1 Tackle
6-170 Eric Kush            3 Games 1 Start
6-204 Braden Wilson        0 career apperences
7-207 Mike Catapano        1 year 1 sack

Traded for Alex Smith        Good trade if your okay with average
Signed Sean Smith 3/18        Great signing worked out.

Signed Dunta Robinson 3/15    8 games 2 starts
Signed Anthony Fasano 4/16    24 games 22 starts in 2 years
Signed Chase Daniels 3/10    3 yeas 2 starts 1 TD
Signed Mike Devito 3/12.6    3 years 19 starts 3 sacks
Signed Donnie Avery 3/11    22 games 55 receptions in 2 years
Signed Geoff Schwartz        1 years 7 starts
Signed Ryan DImperio        0 apperences

1-23 Dee Ford            17 sacks in 4 years are numbers you'd expect from 2-3 round picks. Ogbah is on pace for 19 and tending upward instead of downward like Dee and 95% of Browns fans are calling for his replacement already. Ford is also terrible in run defense white Ogbah is fantastic.
3-87 Phillip Gaines        4 years 15 starts 1 INT
4-124 De'Anthony Thomas        4 years 5 starts 3 TDs
5-163 Aarron Murray        0 career apperances
6-193 Zach Fulton        4 years 43 starts
6-200 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif    4 years 35 stats

Signed Vance Walker 3/15    1 year 2 starts 2 sacks
Signed Joe Mays 2/6        1 year 3 starts 20 tackles

1-18 Marcus Peters        
2-49 Mitch Morse        JAG
3-76 Chris Conley        Replacement Level
3-98 Steven Nelson        Replacement Level
4-118 Ramik Wilson        Replacement Level
5-172 DJ Alexander        2 years 25 tackles
5-173 James O'Shaughnessy    2 years 8 catches traded with #216 for #183 on draft day
6-217 Rakeem Nunez-Roches    Replacement Level
7-233 DaRon Brown        0 appereances

Traded 5th for Ben Grubbs Age 31 (Played 7 games and released after signing 4/24)
Signed Josh Mauga 3/8
Signed Jeremy Maclin 5/55 not exactly the contract I'd like my GM handing out to a guy who goes for 87/1088 and 44/536 in 2 years.

Overall I am less than impressed with this guy. Kelce and Peters picks were about his only 2 really nailed it picks. Eric Fisher was crap his first 3 years in the league and even now the last 2 years he is far from a world beater. The entirety of the Kansas City offensive line is greatly overrated and a lot of Alex Smith "Captain Checkdown" style has to do with the offensive line not holding up far too often. If they had a revolving door of young QBs like Cleveland always does the Oline would have been exposed much more than it is with a good decision maker like Alex back there. The free agent signings have been a disaster. Sean Smith was a good get for 6 mil a year for the time he was there but the rest never even came close to earning their contract.

If is way to early to give opinions on the 2016-2017 off seasons but there are already 4 players who never even made the 53 man roster and not making appearances with other teams one of which was a 3rd round pick who didn't even make it to final cuts.

Color me very unimpressed especially if the guy gets us into cap trouble and we have to see all the talent added the last 2 years just walk out in free agency when it comes that time.

Like other said, this is very opinionated. Its your evaluation of the players and what not. 

Was it the greatest 3 run stretch by a GM you just posted? No. Is it the worse? No. Did he not help the team become a play of team? Yea. 

KC finishes 4th in the division 2 straight years. And than Dorsey gets there a long with Reid and they finish 2nd 3x and 1st once. I like Reid but he didn’t do that all himself. Hell Dorsey got them a lot of talent. Talent to start off extremely hot than opposing coaches learned what KC was doing and they have struggled. Is that on Dorsey or Ried. 

You Call Alex Smith avg and said “if your okay with average”. Where the hell do we come off as browns fans to complain about avg QB. Since 99 we have seen it 3x. Smith in his career with KC is avg. 10+ wins a season. If that is avg. I would settle for below avg at the moment to just get 7-9 wins a year. 

I also would say this 3 year stretch, would be deemed the great stretch since 99. 

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Like other said, this is very opinionated. Its your evaluation of the players and what not. 

Was it the greatest 3 run stretch by a GM you just posted? No. Is it the worse? No. Did he not help the team become a play of team? Yea. 

KC finishes 4th in the division 2 straight years. And than Dorsey gets there a long with Reid and they finish 2nd 3x and 1st once. I like Reid but he didn’t do that all himself. Hell Dorsey got them a lot of talent. Talent to start off extremely hot than opposing coaches learned what KC was doing and they have struggled. Is that on Dorsey or Ried. 

You Call Alex Smith avg and said “if your okay with average”. Where the hell do we come off as browns fans to complain about avg QB. Since 99 we have seen it 3x. Smith in his career with KC is avg. 10+ wins a season. If that is avg. I would settle for below avg at the moment to just get 7-9 wins a year. 

I also would say this 3 year stretch, would be deemed the great stretch since 99. 

KC won on large part due to talent aquired by Pioli and the coaching of Reid. 

I don't think anyone is saying he had no part in it, just that this idea that we hired some incredible talent evaluator is a false narrative, at least based on what he did in KC.

Obviously dogbite added his opinion, but which opinions differ from your as to his draft picks? 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

KC won on large part due to talent aquired by Pioli and the coaching of Reid. 

I don't think anyone is saying he had no part in it, just that this idea that we hired some incredible talent evaluator is a false narrative, at least based on what he did in KC.

Obviously dogbite added his opinion, but which opinions differ from your as to his draft picks? 

KC turned it around when they got Smith. Dorsey pulled that off. Pioli’s teams were awful. Yeah reid is a solid coach but the team also struggled at part because of him. Like the current streak they are playing and like the game they blew to the colts when they had a huge lead. If Pahomes turns out to be something it’s anothet feather in his cap.

Can’t give one guy all the credit and all the negatives to the other. 

Archived