BDL 2023 Week 5 - Rome Eternals @ Hungary Hippos

RedGold

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2023 at 04:00 AM

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

The only people oblivious about your secondary work for Hungary.

You just say it's bad. What is wrong with Juju Brents? Witherspoon literally has the second lowest QBR against him in the league. I literally don't know what you are seeing.

16 minutes ago, PR said:

You just say it's bad. What is wrong with Juju Brents? Witherspoon literally has the second lowest QBR against him in the league. I literally don't know what you are seeing.

What's wrong with Brents other than he's not been good? And if you think literally anyone is buying that Witherspoon has magically turned into an elite cornerback...

3 hours ago, Blue said:

What's wrong with Brents other than he's not been good? And if you think literally anyone is buying that Witherspoon has magically turned into an elite cornerback...

Juju has just as much playing time as Okudah. They were both literally injured most of the preseason and the entire first two weeks of the season. You already say he is bad after two weeks starting? 

Akhello's already proved it the first 5 weeks of the season. If you don't want to believe it that's your own logical fallacy. 

24 minutes ago, PR said:

Juju has just as much playing time as Okudah. They were both literally injured most of the preseason and the entire first two weeks of the season. You already say he is bad after two weeks starting? 

Akhello's already proved it the first 5 weeks of the season. If you don't want to believe it that's your own logical fallacy. 

According to PFR Okudah has yet to allow a catch

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PR said:

Wouldn't the same be as true with you calling them good then?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PR said:

Yeah! Cause he's been bad through two weeks of starting! Okudah has played 75 fewer snaps than Brents, so it's not the same playing time at all--and if anything, Okudah doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt because we know he's bad from three prior years of crappy play even when healthy.

Ah yes, let me take five weeks of playing in the slot and apply that to a 7th year player who has started 16 games since 2019. I'm sure the league just hasn't noticed how amazing he is.

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Okudah doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt because we know he's bad from three prior years of crappy play even when healthy.

This has nothing to do with this game at all but my favorite stat comparison I saw recently on Twitter was that Detroit has recently used a top 3 pick on a CB and an Edge. One of them has twice as many career interceptions as the other…

• Like 1

Game of the week by far.

I think Rome takes an early lead. Yes Okudah has been great in the two games he played, but I need more to forget how awful he's been all his career so far. I don't where Hungary got that Juju has been good but I don't share that opinion. So going man coverage hurts them here I think, though having Wilson playing zone in the middle works well against Rome underneath stuff. Also Rome OL is great so, even though Hungary defensive front is also good, they will open up some stuff for Swift.

But Rome went with an uptempo offense and that hurts them two ways here. First, their OL is banged up and I actually think the up tempo offense works better for Hungary than for them. Second, up tempo offense means more opportunities for Hungary offense as well, and Rome is fielding Marlon Humphrey without safety help. Humphrey played half the snaps back from his injury, and didn't play great. I think as the game goes along and Hungary is under pressure to score, they can just throw bomb towards Metcalf.

Give me Hungary at home 34-31

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Game of the week by far.

I think Rome takes an early lead. Yes Okudah has been great in the two games he played, but I need more to forget how awful he's been all his career so far. I don't where Hungary got that Juju has been good but I don't share that opinion. So going man coverage hurts them here I think, though having Wilson playing zone in the middle works well against Rome underneath stuff. Also Rome OL is great so, even though Hungary defensive front is also good, they will open up some stuff for Swift.

But Rome went with an uptempo offense and that hurts them two ways here. First, their OL is banged up and I actually think the up tempo offense works better for Hungary than for them. Second, up tempo offense means more opportunities for Hungary offense as well, and Rome is fielding Marlon Humphrey without safety help. Humphrey played half the snaps back from his injury, and didn't play great. I think as the game goes along and Hungary is under pressure to score, they can just throw bomb towards Metcalf.

Give me Hungary at home 34-31

I'm playing mostly a cover three?