Who do you think Marvin Harrison Jr is comparable too coming into the NFL

mdonnelly21

This sounds crazy but I view him as a cross between AJ Green and Demaryius Thomas. 75% AJ Green and 25% Demaryius.

Similar body type/footwork/route running/hands of AJ Green but with a lot of the elite physical attributes of DT downfield with that speed at his size.

I am not going to say Julio because I dont think Marv plays with near the physicality that Julio did and he wins downfield with more finesse/athleticism with size which is why I chose DT over him for that comp.

To me, hes AJ Green within 20 yards of the LOS, then he is Demaryius downfield 20+ yards.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

This sounds crazy but I view him as a cross between AJ Green and Demaryius Thomas. 75% AJ Green and 25% Demaryius.

Similar body type/footwork/route running/hands of AJ Green but with a lot of the elite physical attributes of DT downfield with that speed at his size.

I am not going to say Julio because I dont think Marv plays with near the physicality that Julio did and he wins downfield with more finesse/athleticism with size which is why I chose DT over him for that comp.

To me, hes AJ Green within 20 yards of the LOS, then he is Demaryius downfield 20+ yards.

Nice answer. Well thought out. 

23 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sheesh. Gonna look nice in Bears blue and orange. 

• Like 1

He is not as fast as Julio. I have no qualms with him as a prospect, but he is definitely not as explosive or physically imposing as some of the NFL elites. He will be just as good because of his route running and hands, but I think he’s a step down from those superfreaks athletically.

Tough to comp him. I wanna say Deandre Hopkins with more height and a titch more speed. 

13 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He is not as fast as Julio. I have no qualms with him as a prospect, but he is definitely not as explosive or physically imposing as some of the NFL elites. He will be just as good because of his route running and hands, but I think he’s a step down from those superfreaks athletically.

Tough to comp him. I wanna say Deandre Hopkins with more height and a titch more speed. 

"Harrison's 22.2 mph max speed in week 2 was faster than Miami Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill's max speed of 21.66 mph in Week 1, and faster than any NFL player's max speed last season."

🤔

He kind of reminds me of Michael Thomas but with a little more juice. Elite body control, ball skills, and route running. He has speed, but I don't envision him just torching guys the way Holt, Julio, or even DMThomas did. He's just a master of the first 5 yards of a route, which creates so much separation.

Again, the dude is a monster...he just isn't going to run in the 4.3 range IMO.

He reminds me of AJ Green more than anybody.  Maybe a touch faster, but I don't really buy the stuff coming out of Columbus about him running sub 4.4 at the combine.  If he does, that would be pretty spectacular.  I'm guessing he's more in that mid-high 4.4 range.  I can see some Charles Rogers to his game, when I watch him, too.  

On 10/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

He kind of reminds me of Michael Thomas but with a little more juice. Elite body control, ball skills, and route running. He has speed, but I don't envision him just torching guys the way Holt, Julio, or even DMThomas did. He's just a master of the first 5 yards of a route, which creates so much separation.

Again, the dude is a monster...he just isn't going to run in the 4.3 range IMO.

We'll see, most combine expectations I've seen have him in the sub 4.4 range and Harrison Jr himself has said his combine goal is 4.38. Dude has been clocked over 22mph so he has elite top end speed just a matter of how quick he can accelerate.

His physical profile grades higher than his dad ever did and I'm sure his dad has been teaching him the nuances of the position (footwork, route running, press release, etc...) His entire life... If he has his dad's work ethic he's probably about the surest bet you can have at the WR position.

• Like 1