The Week 7 Thread: Where a coach kicked an FF member's dog. Maybe knee it instead.

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wow.... These refs are trying to give UCLA the game. Dude gets a roughing the passer by tackling him by his front shoulder pad

It was borderline. Grabbing him by the front collar from behind should still be a horse collar type penalty as it can have a similar effect. Wish there were challenges for these kind of penalties though as it looked worse live. 

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

But he's going to be 24 and he does have injury history

I’m aware, that’s why I gave about 3 caveats. He does have elite ball placement, scans progressions, gets rid of it quickly and even eye manipulates defenders.

11 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

People probably shouldn't put this game on Caleb too much. Literally everyone on USC looks like trash. His receivers are dropping passes and fumbling, his line is garbage, no run game and ND is getting incredible pressure with 4 every play.

I watched the game mostly to watch him and thought he looked ridiculously good. Being overmatched like that is great prep for what he'll look like the NFL, and he handled it pretty well. If I'm a fan of a team drafting number 1, I'm completely okay with performances like that on a Sunday compared to the post mortem Sam Bradford dink and dunk types. Credit him for consistently trying to make plays without taking too many stupid risks. Obviously not perfect, there were some sacks where him not feeling the rush at all is a little bit of a concern and the picks, but my god the entire USC offense was "and then we all hope Caleb does something".

EDIT: To be fair, I was coming off Iowa-Wisconsin so it's possible that any QB play would look amazing to me.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3