We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

We brought Johnny Jolly back after he spent time in jail. I love Johnny Jolly and hope his life is on the right path. I was glad we brought him back. The Packers never seemed to flinch. 

Randy Moss was better behaved than Terrell Owens and so many others in the league. 

Those are all weak excuses for the mistake. Same with Warren Sapp's fall in round 1. Saap was a complete ******* too and not a HOFer as well. 

Dude got kicked out of two colleges, give it a rest my man, you're losing here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Yes. His talent was unmistakable. Everybody knew how good he was. Yet 20 teams passed on him. His past legal issues were still a concern to NFL teams.

So, he got into a fight because some redneck probably called him a racially charged name and smoked dope. LOL! 

On the first charge, good for him. On the second one, do you know how many players in professional sports smoke dope? Even back then? Those 20 GMs who passed on him are idiots. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dude got kicked out of two colleges, give it a rest my man, you're losing here. 

Who cares? He was the best player in the draft. It's like the fake NFL outrage this year over Jalen Carter. 9 GMs look like idiots already because the kid was the best player in the draft. 

The fake morals of these teams is laughable. Randy Moss was such a bad person, they put him in the HOF.

The NFL isn't drafting choirboys. 

BTW, the original post I replied to was Green Bay never had a chance to draft a 'generational talent,' at WR. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Who cares? He was the best player in the draft. It's like the fake NFL outrage this year over Jalen Carter. 9 GMs look like idiots already because the kid was the best player in the draft. 

The fake morals of these teams is laughable. Randy Moss was such a bad person, they put him in the HOF.

in this instance you are mistaking morals for risk methinks

• Like 2

It's not a moral judgement. Jolly was a guy they had cheap already and not a big story. Moss would be a completely different level. Sometimes that carries over on the field too. He did stupid impulsive things. Can you trust that investment? There is no judgement on moral right or wrong. Just how much of a pain in the rear is it going to be? 

There was serious reason to take Moss completely off the board as "can't be trusted".

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

in this instance you are mistaking morals for risk methinks

Randy Moss had no issues for a couple of years when he was at Marshall. There was little to no risk with him come draft day. 

There were risks with every pick other than Payton Manning in that draft, maybe Charles Woodson too. Kyle Turley? Roid rage much? Come on! Don't get me started on Ryan Leaf. He was a headcase in college too. 

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

It's not a moral judgement. Jolly was a guy they had cheap already and not a big story. Moss would be a completely different level. Sometimes that carries over on the field too. He did stupid impulsive things. Can you trust that investment? There is no judgement on moral right or wrong. Just how much of a pain in the rear is it going to be? 

There was serious reason to take Moss completely off the board as "can't be trusted".

For two years at Marshall, he had not issues. 

I understand teams 'took him off their boards.' They were idiots. Same as the people who took Warren Sapp off of their boards and Jalen Carter off of theirs. 

Back to the initial post I replied to and I'm done here. The Packers did pass on a generational talent, everybody knew was a generational talent at WR, it was Randy Moss. 

We passed on Jerry Rice for Ken Ruettgers, but nobody knew who Jerry Rice was out of Mississippi Valley State except Bill Walsh. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

For two years at Marshall, he had not issues. 

I understand teams 'took him off their boards.' They were idiots. Same as the people who took Warren Sapp off of their boards and Jalen Carter off of theirs. 

Back to the initial post I replied to and I'm done here. The Packers did pass on a generational talent, everybody knew was a generational talent at WR, it was Randy Moss. 

We passed on Jerry Rice for Ken Ruettgers, but nobody knew who Jerry Rice was out of Mississippi Valley State except Bill Walsh. 

The difference is the talent had red flags. Some of those guys work out, but a lot don't.

That's a different scenario and perfectly reasonable.

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Randy Moss had no issues for a couple of years when he was at Marshall. There was little to no risk with him come draft day. 

There were risks with every pick other than Payton Manning in that draft, maybe Charles Woodson too. Kyle Turley? Roid rage much? Come on! Don't get me started on Ryan Leaf. He was a headcase in college too. 

Peyton Manning even dragged his balls over a female trainer’s face against her will in college. Of course it was all covered up properly because he was the golden boy. 

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

Nope! I was all in on Moss but never thought he'd get to us. Not to mention the context of the post I replied to. 

Thanks for jumping in late and replying out of context. 

No, I'm very aware of the context.  You argued that the Packers passed on a clearly generational talent.  If Randy Moss was truly a generational talent (both on the field and off-the-field), he wouldn't have fallen in the draft.