We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'll go ahead again, and ask at what point was Love the issue in today's game?  I must have missed when Love allowed Baker Mayfield to carve up our secondary like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Why is there only one issue? The defense got carved up AND Love again looked pedestrian for 95% of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

TT had a real nice WR room in 2008 (Driver, Jennings, Jones) surprised everyone and used a high 2nd on a WR in 2008.

This draft has a lot of dudes I would be really excited about in the 2nd. AD Mitchell or Xavier Legette added to this room? Damn.

Given Watson's balky hammies I think they need to add one more guy .. preferably one that can run like a cheetah.  

• Like 2

Just now, ReasonablySober said:

Why is there only one issue? The defense got carved up AND Love again looked pedestrian for 95% of the game. 

What exactly did Jordan Love do poorly?  Outside of maybe that last series (specifically the last 4 plays), Jordan Love played really, really well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

And this is obviously hilariously false. 

In hindsight?  Sure.  In real time?  Nope.

But I can appreciate that you're willing to commit now to the idea that Love isn't good enough, and you believe Daniels is a better choice.  If GM's agree with your thought that Daniels has a brighter future than Love, Daniels will be gone long before pick 11.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

In hindsight?  Sure.  In real time?  Nope.

But I can appreciate that you're willing to commit now to the idea that Love isn't good enough, and you believe Daniels is a better choice.  If GM's agree with your thought that Daniels has a brighter future than Love, Daniels will be gone long before pick 11.

For the record, I think he will be.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly did Jordan Love do poorly?  Outside of maybe that last series (specifically the last 4 plays), Jordan Love played really, really well. 

This is what doesn't make any sense.  Why would a QB who on one hand he believes will be available at pick #11 be expected to play better than Love has been playing?

2 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Seriously? Alright, nevermind. We weren't watching the same game. 

So...you don't have any specific plays where Love should have done something differently?  I've never seen someone ready to run a QB out of town after playing well.

EDIT: I'm not even in the replace Love camp, but you could at least pointed the WR mistake where the two WRs ended up in the same area but they had Kraft wide open underneath.

Just now, squire12 said:

so you don't have anything specific?   if Love played that poorly, it should be easy to bring up some specific plays

I've already mentioned the very specific problem of not being able to throw outs because his feet aren't set. Multiple misses today. 

And even on connections, as bad as the announcers were they mentioned how Love was throwing balls that were off target. Too high or behind. 

You can't honestly tell me that you didn't see these passes. They've been happening literally all season, including today.