2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The offense that features Tyler Allgier over three top 10 picks in Pitts, Bijan, and London to get 7 wins per year. 

Yikes

Stop trolling me. The more you troll me, the worse your sig is going to look from our sig bet when you lose.

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

The truth about Kyle Pitts, as it often is, lies somewhere in the middle. 

Is he being held back from his potential by bad QB play? Without a doubt. 

Has he massively underperformed regardless of that fact? Yes, without a doubt. 

As of now, he's a bust where he was selected. There's no two ways about it. It doesn't matter how good he might be if he doesn't fit in the offense / can't maximize his abilities. You can say the jury is still out until he gets even mediocre QB play, but he has not resembled a player worthy of top 10 capital. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I have no idea if this guy is legit or not. But the Bills will forever and always be linked to the top named RB at the trade deadline/draft.

Hope they do it before this weekend...

But that guy is a total fraud.

Edited by scar988
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

The truth about Kyle Pitts, as it often is, lies somewhere in the middle. 

Is he being held back from his potential by bad QB play? Without a doubt. 

As he massively underperformed regardless of that fact? Yes, without a doubt. 

As of now, he's a bust where he was selected. There's no two ways about it. It doesn't matter how good he might be if he doesn't fit in the offense / can't maximize his abilities. You can say the jury is still out until he gets even mediocre QB play, but he has not resembled a player worthy of top 10 capital. 

This applies to soooo many guys in the league. People will hang on to a misplaced notion that a guy is great because they've been told the guy is a can't-miss surefire thing forever these days. Sometimes guys just aren't as good as advertised whether fans want to admit it or not. 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

This applies to soooo many guys in the league. People will hang on to a misplaced notion that a guy is great because they've been told the guy is a can't-miss surefire thing forever these days. Sometimes guys just aren't as good as advertised whether fans want to admit it or not. 

Exactly. Or they're hung-up on their pre-draft assessment. 

Pitts quite frankly has not looked like the dominant player he was in college. In flashes he has, but not on the whole. He really doesn't strike me as the alpha target he was drafted to be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Pitts quite frankly has not looked like the dominant player he was in college. In flashes he has, but not on the whole. He really doesn't strike me as the alpha target he was drafted to be. 

Sadly, I actually agree with this. He has looked better the last 3 games, but even if he finishes with around 900 yards and 4-5 TDs, that's still not really going to meet the expectations people had from him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Sadly, I actually agree with this. He has looked better the last 3 games, but even if he finishes with around 900 yards and 4-5 TDs, that's still not really going to meet the expectations people had from him.

Bingo on both fronts. 

A guy like Pitts can still be good without being dominant. Too often people look at it from a binary perspective of "hall of fame bound" and "bust". 

It's totally ok to say he didn't meet expectations. It's not like anyone is saying he's garbage. Not enough people are willing to be objective like that. 

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bingo on both fronts. 

A guy like Pitts can still be good without being dominant. Too often people look at it from a binary perspective of "hall of fame bound" and "bust". 

It's totally ok to say he didn't meet expectations. It's not like anyone is saying he's garbage. Not enough people are willing to be objective like that. 

The reactionary hyperbole around here runs rampant. A young QB can't have 2 bad starts before he's labeled a bust. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

3 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Oh it's a long climb back from the premature bust label. 

I'm seeing it now with Ridder, sadly. And I'm sure Pitts is getting the label too. Thankfully, it's avoided London. But who knows by the end of the year if any of those 3 will get the label pulled from this merry band of misfits on this forum.