Jets considering options for Mecole Hardman, including a potential trade

scar988

I think the Falcons could be an interesting fit for him. If they're planning on releasing him, doing a 6 for him and a 7 makes sense.

Falcons punt returner got hurt with an ACL injury for the year. Falcons don't have a deep threat. Falcons don't even have 5 WRs on the roster.

He would solve all of those issues for this team and could really be a piece here.

Oh, and he went to UGA.

24 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He would solve all of those issues for this team and could really be a piece here.

Or he could be wasted like Kyle Pitts. I don't think the Falcons, who are a solidly run team IMO, really know what to do with tremendously physically talented pass catchers. I love the fit for what Atlanta doesn't have (a WR with burners)...I just don't know if it'll matter. They don't seem to prioritize speed.

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Or he could be wasted like Kyle Pitts. I don't think the Falcons, who are a solidly run team IMO, really know what to do with tremendously physically talented pass catchers. I love the fit for what Atlanta doesn't have (a WR with burners)...I just don't know if it'll matter. They don't seem to prioritize speed.

Uh, Pitts has been fine this year... He's on pace for 60 catches for 700 yards. that's about what you expect from a TE. Issue hasn't been that "he's been wasted". It's been more that he was hurt at the end of last year and still getting back to full game speed the first 4 weeks of the season and getting used to making cuts in games. 

And Hardman would be WR3 here. He's not someone you feature in the offense. But he's a massive upgrade over Scotty Miller as the WR3 and his speed could actually be useful as a WR where Scotty doesn't run good routes or get open at all. 

And, he'd be the punt returner that is missing on the roster right now with Avery Williams hurt.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Uh, Pitts has been fine this year... He's on pace for 60 catches for 700 yards.

He finally had his first 50+ yard game this year. Fine is pushing it. He's not even Top 10 for the position I don't think, which for a high first rounder is a problem. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

He finally had his first 50+ yard game this year. Fine is pushing it. He's not even Top 10 for the position I don't think, which for a high first rounder is a problem. 

Way to ignore literally the entire rest of the context of the post.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Uh, Pitts has been fine this year... He's on pace for 60 catches for 700 yards. that's about what you expect from a TE.

That's also not what you expect out of your #4 overall pick. 3 career touchdowns going into week 6 of his third year isn't exactly highlighting a red zone machine.

• Like 4

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

That's also not what you expect out of your #4 overall pick. 3 career touchdowns going into week 6 of his third year isn't exactly highlighting a red zone machine.

Touchdowns are a function of how the offense works. Not about individual performance. Much like Julio Jones who also didn't score a ton of red zone touchdowns, the Falcons use him as more of a decoy on offense in the red zone drawing doubles so that they can create open options underneath. They also try to run for touchdowns more than the typical offense too.

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

But he's a massive upgrade over Scotty Miller as the WR3 and his speed could actually be useful as a WR where Scotty doesn't run good routes or get open at all. 

I think that's been the problem with Mecole too. If Mecole was a sharp route runner to get separation, he'd be one of the best players in the NFL.

• Like 1