Jets considering options for Mecole Hardman, including a potential trade

scar988

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Touchdowns are a function of how the offense works. Not about individual performance. Much like Julio Jones who also didn't score a ton of red zone touchdowns, the Falcons use him as more of a decoy on offense in the red zone drawing doubles so that they can create open options underneath. They also try to run for touchdowns more than the typical offense too.

So you used the #4 overall pick on more of a decoy on offense?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You said he's been fine. I say he hasn't. What did I ignore? Your rambling to try and justify excuse after excuse on why he isn't fine? 

@RuskieTitan apparently we're ignoring the point. 

The injury to his knee doesn't matter? The fact he was trying to get back to full speed the first few games of the season doesn't matter? I'm confused here if you've ever had a knee injury. It takes a minute before you're confident in your cuts again after one.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So you used the #4 overall pick on more of a decoy on offense?

If teams weren't doubling him in the red zone, I'm sure he'd get more targets, but I'd rather see Ridder throwing to the open man. I think that just makes more sense.

55 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Such an odd signing to begin with.

I know they really liked him during the draft process. To the point that KC thought they’d draft him and traded up for him(with DK and McLaurin sitting there ugh) 

but I’m also pretty sure that was a different regime entirely.…so yeah weird lol

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

He ain't a number 1, but it's Bryce Young time.

Bryce and Carolina are who I actually thought of as well. If there is one team that could desperately use a shot of speed it would be them. 

Then again, its not like the offensive line can protect Young long enough to let Hardman get down the field. 

What about something like Mecole Hardman for Marquez Valdez Scantling? MVS hasn't done much considering his snap count for KC, and Mecole has experience their for cheaper and no commitment next year. MVS is under contract next year and has history with Aaron Rodgers so maybe?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What about something like Mecole Hardman for Marquez Valdez Scantling? MVS hasn't done much considering his snap count for KC, and Mecole has experience their for cheaper and no commitment next year. MVS is under contract next year and has history with Aaron Rodgers so maybe?

unsure the Jets would be interested in swapping for a player, much less an unproductive one of the same position.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

my assumption in proposing it would be if he was someone Aaron wanted next year

it's possible I suppose, but I'd think the Jets would be looking more for draft assets and worry about 2024 player acquisition during the offseason. Scantling's contract also probably isn't something the Jets would be willing to absorb as-is.