Week 6 GDT: Ravens vs Titans in London

deeluxx3

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Levis might be good at some point later, but Malik still being QB2 probably tells us everything we need to know about where Levis is right now.

Didn't he really only "lose" the QB2 spot due to not being able to show us much tape because of injury in the preseason?  Feels like a Vrabel thing to make go through it to earn the second spot above Willis. I don't think Vrabel was just gonna give him the 2 spot off being a second round pick and throwing 14 times against the bears in preseason.

I don't get the feeling that Levis is behind Willis because he is worse. I feel we will see that change. Because to me at this point, Willis most definitely aint it. And if Levis is worse than Willis, boy o boy do we have deeper problems.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Levis might be good at some point later, but Malik still being QB2 probably tells us everything we need to know about where Levis is right now.

does it? malik won the job basically by default due to levis's injury, and it's not like there's been any sort of QB competition since then. vrabel has outright said it's all they can do to even get both of them reps during the week, and that they've been splitting 50/50. so i don't really know that the depth chart indicates much more than where those guys were entering the regular season + seniority, as is (often frustratingly) typical of this staff.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

Look, if yall want to believe that Levis, the QB that the current administration traded up in the second to get, looks significantly better than Willis in practice, and is just not leapfrogging Willis because of some weird seniority system…well I guess that would be remarkably similar to exactly what happened with Daley/Radunz last season, but I still refuse to believe it.

If that’s the last start Tanny makes for us, it’s a sad end to what was a very fun era. Hate injuries and hate to see him so crushed in the post game interviews. 

We are at a point in the season where we are getting a bit of mercy with the bye, as we are falling behind in the division. Playoffs aren’t happening this year, which is ok. We need to give Levis the next 11 games to see what he’s got. We invested a decent amount in him, the intention has always been for him to get the opportunity to start. It’s simply time to see what’s next for this organization. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

If that’s the last start Tanny makes for us, it’s a sad end to what was a very fun era. Hate injuries and hate to see him so crushed in the post game interviews. We are at a point in the season where we are getting a bit of mercy with the bye, as we are falling behind in the division. Playoffs aren’t happening this year, which is ok. We need to give Levis the next 11 games to see what he’s got. We invested a decent amount in him, the intention has always been for him to get the opportunity to start. It’s simply time to see what’s next for this organization. 

I'll accept any outcome that includes the Jags not winning the division. I'm almost actively rooting for Houston because I like Stroud and Ryans. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Look, if yall want to believe that Levis, the QB that the current administration traded up in the second to get, looks significantly better than Willis in practice, and is just not leapfrogging Willis because of some weird seniority system…well I guess that would be remarkably similar to exactly what happened with Daley/Radunz last season, but I still refuse to believe it.

it's not even that, i genuinely don't think there's an opportunity for either one of them to look significantly better than the other. tannehill gets all the first team reps, they split the scout team, the rest of the time is just in the meeting room and whatnot. that's just not a lot of action, period. so do i think it's feasible based on that that vrabel is going "well malik has a year in our system?" honestly, yeah lol. at the end of the day it's all speculation and you could be right but it'd be pretty par for the course imo

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think we are saying  (or at least I am) that there hasn't been any real time put into either guy since training camp. A back up competition is likely Vrabel's last concern.  Willis got the job out of camp and that's that. 
I highly doubt there are having battles or being graded while trying to prepare for a game. 

Don't think it's based on any system of seniority. I think it's simply based on Willis earned it out of training camp and until otherwise that's how it will be.

Now during the bye week if it's a open competition at 50/50 who looks better and Willis beats him then I would say your stance has a whole lot more validity. 

But as of now, I think it's just based on what happened at camp, not that Willis has been so great or Levis has been so bad to merit any changes. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Was he really that bad today? Lol I missed most of the game 

he threw an awful pick that killed our comeback momentum, but it was because he had injured his ankle and couldn’t step into the throw. he left the game after that. it was a pretty bog standard tannehill showing otherwise

• Like 1