Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

7.  There is nothing Berry and Stef are rooting harder against than Baker's success; it's an indictment of their ineptitude.

I feel like Baker got a lot of undue hate. He's not great, but he's better than some people were claiming last year. I feel like in the right situation, he's Andy Dalton tier. Has some huge flaws, but he's capable enough.

• Like 2

Just now, jrry32 said:

I feel like Baker got a lot of undue hate. He's not great, but he's better than some people were claiming last year. I feel like in the right situation, he's Andy Dalton tier. Has some huge flaws, but he's capable enough.

In the right system with the right coaching support (and of course every QB benefits from better offensive weapons) Baker Mayfield can put up top-10 stats. But will it happen? 🤷

As far as Dalton, Dalton at his peak was quite good so no sleight there, but I believe Baker can be better.  We shall see.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

In the right system with the right coaching support (and of course every QB benefits from better offensive weapons) Baker Mayfield can put up top-10 stats. But will it happen? 🤷

As far as Dalton, Dalton at his peak was quite good so no sleight there, but I believe Baker can be better.  We shall see.

You'll need a hella good OL. Watching him with the Rams, his biggest flaw was a lack of pocket instincts. Did not feel the rush or maneuver the pocket well. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You'll need a hella good OL. Watching him with the Rams, his biggest flaw was a lack of pocket instincts. Did not feel the rush or maneuver the pocket well. 

Yup. He needs to level up as far as pocket movement, especially as well as not leaving the pocket too soon. That said, the Rams stint was more of a short-term crash course for Baker. I could still see Baker ending up on the Rams, though, if he isn't extended by the Bucs.

He's still maturing as a quarterback and I believe his intangibles--arm strength, leadership, clutch gene (once he cleans some things up this will become more apparent), love of the game, arm strength on the run, (eventually) accuracy throwing on the run--will win out in the end and we'll have an excellent long-term NFL starter we'll be discussing. 

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Agreed. Your position is definitely revisionist history.

It was definitely the plan to send Baker out there injured so they could scapegoat him, and it worked. Here we are with Stef and Berry on the chopping block, as they should have already been. I'm guessing the Browns (rightfully) clean house after this season.

He was gone either way. They clearly took OBJ's side and were doing nothing to back up Baker when he was being trashed in the media.

If this is all it was then the Browns would have kept him.

The roster when Baker was there was overrated. All he had was an offensive line and Nick. The defense has not been consistently good and Njoku should never have gotten that terrible contract. One more reason to fire Stef and Berry.

Berry and Stef will be gone first. Good points as always, Mike.

Here's a cold one and a raise.

It's because they are snakes. Everything they do is narrative control.  They are politicians skilled at doublespeak. They see the end for themselves and are on self-preservation mode.

Sure..........sure sure sure sure sure

"Baker Mayfield isn't close to giving up on playing throughout the rest of the 2021 Browns season. The starting quarterback insisted Wednesday pushing through his injured left shoulder to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium is “absolutely” a possibility."

but-wait-theres-more.gif

"Only I know how my body feels, and if anyone questions whether I’m hindering the team in going out there injured, that’s just not right. So it’s my decision," Mayfield said in a pre-practice news conference. "I get to say whether I’m able to play or not, and that’s just how it is."

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sure..........sure sure sure sure sure

"Baker Mayfield isn't close to giving up on playing throughout the rest of the 2021 Browns season. The starting quarterback insisted Wednesday pushing through his injured left shoulder to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium is “absolutely” a possibility."

but-wait-theres-more.gif

"Only I know how my body feels, and if anyone questions whether I’m hindering the team in going out there injured, that’s just not right. So it’s my decision," Mayfield said in a pre-practice news conference. "I get to say whether I’m able to play or not, and that’s just how it is."

The Browns purposely allowed a selfless player to go out injured and suck it up. It was clear within two games or so that he didn't belong out there. The fact of the matter is that the Browns let this just keep going and escalating. The situation looked super fishy because it was. No other team would have let him keep playing unless they were trying to garner sympathy for when they were planning on cutting him.

• Like 1