Your ideal DZ/JMD replacements?

NYRaider

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

GM: FF Posters by committee (think how great our drafts would be) Failing that, I’d look at someone from the Jets organisation, their drafting recently has been stellar. Whoever, has to work well with Harbaugh.

I'm also in Team Harbaugh
but I can't see where the Jets organisation has been drafting that good - yes they drafted Gardner and Garrett Wilson, but both were Top 10 picks. So it wasn't that difficult to miss there. And they also drafted Zach Wilson.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

but I can't see where the Jets organisation has been drafting that good - yes they drafted Gardner and Garrett Wilson, but both were Top 10 picks. So it wasn't that difficult to miss there. And they also drafted Zach Wilson.

Automatic disqualifier as far as I'm concerned 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

Add to that post I would rather have someone from an organisation that finds diamonds in the rough and take the obvious best player available.
Seahawks come into my mind. They nailed the 2022 draft imho.

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

The Jets I feel have been drafting pretty well for a while. Sure they missed on Wilson out of desperation but they've done a very decent job of creating a team that can even win with Wilson at the helm on times. I think they've done a good job on the Defence primarily and this is their draft history:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/draft.htm

I think it's pretty decent and they had a great, great draft last year which has set them up. They also made the Rodgers move which would have made them undoubted contenders this year. I think they hired the right guy in Salah and are going about things the right way.

35 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The Jets I feel have been drafting pretty well for a while. Sure they missed on Wilson out of desperation but they've done a very decent job of creating a team that can even win with Wilson at the helm on times. I think they've done a good job on the Defence primarily and this is their draft history:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/draft.htm

I think it's pretty decent and they had a great, great draft last year which has set them up. They also made the Rodgers move which would have made them undoubted contenders this year. I think they hired the right guy in Salah and are going about things the right way.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think that the Jets drafted bad (except for Zach WIlson). My point is, that it is much easier to have a good draft class, when you have multiple first round picks and always picking very early like my example with Garrett Wilson and Gardner.
Gardner was the 4th pick overall and Wilson the 10th - if you don't try to make an outstanding move you get good players out of that position.

In the same draft class the Seahawks picked Tariq Woolen in the 5th round and he immediately was voted into the Pro-Bowl and lead the NFL in interceptions. I want us to find these players on a consistently.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Don't get me wrong. I don't think that the Jets drafted bad (except for Zach WIlson). My point is, that it is much easier to have a good draft class, when you have multiple first round picks and always picking very early like my example with Garrett Wilson and Gardner.
Gardner was the 4th pick overall and Wilson the 10th - if you don't try to make an outstanding move you get good players out of that position.

In the same draft class the Seahawks picked Tariq Woolen in the 5th round and he immediately was voted into the Pro-Bowl and lead the NFL in interceptions. I want us to find these players on a consistently.

That's fair, no argument there.

I just think Joe Douglas and his staff have done a great job and I like they've spent resources on the trenches. To be totally honest, I'm not very sure with regards player personnel guys in the league and yes, you're right the Seahawks have done a great job for a while now, though how much is Pete Caroll and how much is everyone else is the question I guess. Steelers and Ravens always seem to draft pretty well too and make less flashy but solid FA signings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...