Your ideal DZ/JMD replacements?

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

doesn't Harbaugh have ties to the Raiders. I would be excited for him, but we for sure need a new GM. Kellen Moore sucks, he's out of the hunt. Ben Johnson, Harbaugh, Frank Smith the only guys that would get me excited. 

Didn’t he get his coaching start with Al Davis as a QB coach working with Rich Gannon? I think he has a soft spot for the Raiders and we could lure him back if we really wanted to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What about a guy like Mike Vrabel if he gets canned after this year? Too close to the Patriots or a dark horse that nobody is talking about?

Tennessee is not a good team (as I made known to someone in here at the beginning of this season that wanted to argue it). I do not think they fire Vrabel though because I don’t think he is anywhere close to responsible for what you’re seeing. Their previous GM was just awful in his last two years on the job. I think their new GM has started very poorly because it was an obvious rebuild, he elected not to do it, and has now ruined the value on their rebuild pieces (hence the lackluster comp on the recent Byard trade). So maybe their new GM is really just that bad and fired Vrabel but I doubt it. All in all Vrabel appears to be the best thing that team has going for it outside of Simmons. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Darbsk said:

What about a guy like Mike Vrabel if he gets canned after this year? Too close to the Patriots or a dark horse that nobody is talking about?

Vrabel is a hell of coach. Gets more out of less. Just has a poor GM making decisions on roster construction. I would welcome a guy like Vrabel. He's a leadership guy, who empowers his staff. Teams embody him. Tough, gritty old school type play. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Vrabel is a hell of coach. Gets more out of less. Just has a poor GM making decisions on roster construction. I would welcome a guy like Vrabel. He's a leadership guy, who empowers his staff. Teams embody him. Tough, gritty old school type play. 

Yep, exactly the type of guy we need in the building to build a culture, set a tone of how we want the team - hard nosed, rough and tough like the Raiders of old and holding everyone accountable. I can see the attraction of a young, hot, coordinator type but I don’t think that works with us and our current conundrum. I feel we need that Vrabel or Harbaugh type of personality or force of personality to turn this ship around.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think that Vrabel has nothing to do with those roster decisions. Every GM is tied to the success of the HC. So why would any GM do anything that's not in compliance with their HC?