Your ideal DZ/JMD replacements?

NYRaider

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we move on, who do you want as our next GM and head coach?

My picks - 

General Manager: Mike Borgonzi | Assistant GM | Kansas City Chiefs

Head Coach: Ben Johnson | Offensive Coordinator | Detroit Lions

Honestly I would look towards the OCs for Miami, 49ers, or Eagles.  Or maybe the DCs of the 49ers, Browns or Ravens.  Same with the GM position.  Just find an executive with a lot of leverage with their current team that has helped build playoff caliber teams for the long term.  We had the right idea with a GM like Reggie McKenzie when it came to managing the salary cap, he just didn't know how to draft well.  Need to find a GM that doesn't make bad salary cap decisions like Mayock and Zeegs.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Honestly I would look towards the OCs for Miami, 49ers, or Eagles.  Or maybe the DCs of the 49ers, Browns or Ravens.  Same with the GM position.  Just find an executive with a lot of leverage with their current team that has helped build playoff caliber teams for the long term.  We had the right idea with a GM like Reggie McKenzie when it came to managing the salary cap, he just didn't know how to draft well.  Need to find a GM that doesn't make bad salary cap decisions like Mayock and Zeegs.

The only thing that scares me about hiring an OC from one of those teams is that you have to question how much of their success is based on their own merit and how much of it is that they have a great head coach to lean on. That's why Ben Johnson is my guy, he has full control of the Lions offense and turned them into an elite unit. I think whatever staff takes over is going to have to tear it down, clear all of our dead cap, and really take a patient approach.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Saints been doo doo post Payton and Quinn is a retread, no ty

Didn't mean to put Jeff Ireland meant to put Khai Harley. He's the guy that somehow is able to manipulate the cap to where the Saints always have a good roster each year no matter what. The only question I have about that guy is can he draft.

What is Dan Quinn his résumé speaks for his self so I'm not gonna talk much about that. Ben Johnson is a solid option too of course as is Shane Waldron from Seattle. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only thing that scares me about hiring an OC from one of those teams is that you have to question how much of their success is based on their own merit and how much of it is that they have a great head coach to lean on. That's why Ben Johnson is my guy, he has full control of the Lions offense and turned them into an elite unit. I think whatever staff takes over is going to have to tear it down, clear all of our dead cap, and really take a patient approach.

If we can't get it right with our current staff and roster, I'm all for it.  I think we need to tear the roster down to the bare bones and build it from the inside out.  Trade away our older players for draft capital.  I agree with your opinion regarding the importance of the impact of the coordinator.  I certainly don't want them to be a OC or DC that are just yes men on their current team.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Didn't mean to put Jeff Ireland meant to put Khai Harley. He's the guy that somehow is able to manipulate the cap to where the Saints always have a good roster each year no matter what. The only question I have about that guy is can he draft.

What is Dan Quinn his résumé speaks for his self so I'm not gonna talk much about that. Ben Johnson is a solid option too of course as is Shane Waldron from Seattle. 

Ben Johnson will be my dude until he's hired elsewhere. They went from being one of the worst offenses to one of the elite units in the league in a year with BJ and he saved Goff's career. 

Quinn was a .500 level coach but I wouldn't be shocked if he replaces MM after this year.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If we can't get it right with our current staff and roster, I'm all for it.  I think we need to tear the roster down to the bare bones and build it from the inside out.  Trade away our older players for draft capital.  I agree with your opinion regarding the importance of the impact of the coordinator.  I certainly don't want them to be a OC or DC that are just yes men on their current team.

Top young offensive minds have worked out well recently. Sean McVay, Mike McDaniel, Nick Siranni, Kyle Shanahan, Matt LaFleur, Zack Taylor, Kevin O'Connell, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Ben Johnson will be my dude until he's hired elsewhere. They went from being one of the worst offenses to one of the elite units in the league in a year with BJ and he saved Goff's career. 

Quinn was a .500 level coach but I wouldn't be shocked if he replaces MM after this year.

I think there's some really good options this off-season in terms of head coaching prospects

And yeah I agree I couldn't see Quinn wanting to coach here unless somehow he sees pieces on defense outside of Crosby and or we have the number one overall pick. Couldn't see why he wouldn't just wait out the Cowboys

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we move on, who do you want as our next GM and head coach?

My picks - 

General Manager: Mike Borgonzi | Assistant GM | Kansas City Chiefs

Head Coach: Ben Johnson | Offensive Coordinator | Detroit Lions

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

GM: FF Posters by committee (think how great our drafts would be) Failing that, I’d look at someone from the Jets organisation, their drafting recently has been stellar. Whoever, has to work well with Harbaugh.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The only thing that scares me about hiring an OC from one of those teams is that you have to question how much of their success is based on their own merit and how much of it is that they have a great head coach to lean on.

This is exactly why I’m sceptical of picking the young coordinator of the moment, they get such hype at times. I want a resume and a bit of track record turning teams around or working in challenging situations. How do they cope in adversity? How are they going to do when they have to make tough decisions, how do they deal with extreme criticism? Do they have the man management skills?

• Like 1

Ziegler job is not in jeopardy imo. 

My ideal replacement for Josh is Ben Johnson or Kellen Moore. 

Both are offensive minded. Both have a track record of success. 

Red Zone scoring % 

Cowboys 23.. 36%
Cowboys 22.. 71%

Chargers 22.. 54%
Chargers 23.. 68%

I really like what Moore has done with the Chargers. Has them ranked top 5 in pretty much every offensive category. 

Both guys would be ideal as well for grooming a rookie QB

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

GM: FF Posters by committee (think how great our drafts would be) Failing that, I’d look at someone from the Jets organisation, their drafting recently has been stellar. Whoever, has to work well with Harbaugh.

Head Coach- I wish we hired Harbaugh instead of McDaniels. Ben Johnson going be the hottest name. Harbaugh and Ben Johnson are the top 2 for me. Frank Smith(Dolphins OC) and Kellen Moore (Chargers OC) could be good options too. All I know, we have invest in a good DC if we hire an offensive mind as HC or vice versa. Can't be cheap when it comes to coaching. 

GM- Zeigler sucks. He needs to go asap. That Chiefs guy is a good call. They are paying a superstar QB yet still are talented across the board. Ravens, Bills, Dolphins, Eagles draft well, and run good solid programs. Maybe someone from those programs.

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1