Week 6 thoughts

Mid Iowa

On 10/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Does Carr have no chemistry with Olave or what? I thought he was going to take over the league year 2. 

This is shades of Carr and Cooper when Gruden installed his offense. Carr hasn't stop targeting him all together, but wouldn't be surprised to see it coming. 

On 10/19/2023 at 2:48 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Does Carr have no chemistry with Olave or what? I thought he was going to take over the league year 2. 

Might get worse now. I saw an interview where Allen kind of threw Olave under the bus on that play where Carr threw it 15 yards out of bounds. I'm praying for the day Allen gets fired. I really can't stand that guy.

19 hours ago, Raves said:

I'm thinking combination of Carmichael's crappy playcalling, the fact that our OL has been crap so deep balls haven't exactly been a thing, and Carr not going to him as much early in the season prolly has him frustrated.  I think if the OL was better so Carr could actually go through progressions and not have to checkdown 20 times a game he'd be happier but he def needs to suck it up.

It's definitely a wombo combo of trashy things that come together to make a garbage dump4, can't pin it all on one guy.  Olave is probably quitting on routes because of frustration from both playcalling and Derek constantly checking down(which is still no excuse).  Derek is constantly checking down because he's Derek Carr/bad protection/and playcall frustration.  The playcalling, while bad, may look worse than it actually is because Derek Carr is checking down constantly, oline can't block, and receivers quitting on routes and seemingly having no chemistry with Derek.

I liked Carr when he was playing college ball. I thought he had bigtime potential. Seeing him play and watching his interviews, he seems like the guy that keeps a job because he "says all the right things". Hopefully I am very wrong about him. His position is or should be "the field general", right? I don't expect him to fill Brees' shoes, no one can. But, I do expect him to be able to play his position with the poise and leadership his position demands.

DA needs to go, full stop. Pete needs to go, full stop. 

10 hours ago, jcvoodoo said:

I liked Carr when he was playing college ball. I thought he had bigtime potential. Seeing him play and watching his interviews, he seems like the guy that keeps a job because he "says all the right things". Hopefully I am very wrong about him. His position is or should be "the field general", right? I don't expect him to fill Brees' shoes, no one can. But, I do expect him to be able to play his position with the poise and leadership his position demands.

DA needs to go, full stop. Pete needs to go, full stop. 

Carr doesn't process the game quick enough. That or he just doesn't fully grasp the offense yet. Either way he's not very good.

Agreed. I look forward to us cleaning house. Get rid of the entire coaching staff and all of the overpriced players. Going to take a couple of years to do it, but we've got outs in most of the contracts after 2024.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jcvoodoo said:

I liked Carr when he was playing college ball. I thought he had bigtime potential. Seeing him play and watching his interviews, he seems like the guy that keeps a job because he "says all the right things".

Yea, he seems like the businessman that doesn't really know what he's doing, but he's able to talk people out of their money and convince himself that he does know what he's doing.

• Like 2