Week 7: Browns @ Colts. A Game Day Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Let’s feel things out a bit  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s gonna complain the most this week, regardless of outcomes, facts or circumstances?

• MWil, the up and comer complainer extraordinaire
    • Scrabble, the battle tested and experienced vet
    • Mike, because if he was GM we’d have Dorse GM, Baker, Jamo, DT Davis, Andersun and 100,000,ooo
    • A random boomer who only pops in once every 4 months to rant
    • The dynamic duo of LGB and DawgX complaining about the complainer’s complaints
  2. 2. Who wins?

• Whoever gets to ride Minshew’s mustache
    • Horny
    • Killer mike
    • Huh?
    • Colts
    • Browns

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38688182/browns-qb-deshaun-watson-put-line-return

"We just gotta continue to take it day-to-day," said Watson, who added that an MRI revealed a "microtear" in his rotator cuff muscle. "I'm not gonna put the team in jeopardy if I can't do certain things that is gonna allow us to be handicapped in certain situations. That's the reason why I haven't been able to step on the field."

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38688182/browns-qb-deshaun-watson-put-line-return

"We just gotta continue to take it day-to-day," said Watson, who added that an MRI revealed a "microtear" in his rotator cuff muscle. "I'm not gonna put the team in jeopardy if I can't do certain things that is gonna allow us to be handicapped in certain situations. That's the reason why I haven't been able to step on the field."

He can’t throw deep/with velocity.  Whether we like it or not, sitting is the right move.  Hopefully he plays this week but if not our backup needs to go beat their backup. No excuses.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He can’t throw deep/with velocity.  Whether we like it or not, sitting is the right move.  Hopefully he plays this week but if not our backup needs to go beat their backup. No excuses.

Unless I’m mistaken, DTR is back to QB2 this week. What a disaster.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Unless I’m mistaken, DTR is back to QB2 this week. What a disaster.

Honestly I don’t know what to say.  Like, DTR looked bad, but had very little prep time.  PJ had prep time and got us a win, but he also looked terrible.

I’d personally play and have packages for both of them.  Let DTR use his legs, give him some designed easy reads, etc.  PJ gets a lot of snaps too.  Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Honestly I don’t know what to say.  Like, DTR looked bad, but had very little prep time.  PJ had prep time and got us a win, but he also looked terrible.

I’d personally play and have packages for both of them.  Let DTR use his legs, give him some designed easy reads, etc.  PJ gets a lot of snaps too.  Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks

I’ll be the troll:

This is on AB for not having a viable contingency plan and trading Dobbs, and even then not trading for a viable backup quarterback headed into the bye considering this diagnosis was available to him in September. Ravens game is whatever, but what about the next 2 weeks? Completely unacceptable.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll be the troll:

This is on AB for not having a viable contingency plan and trading Dobbs, and even then not trading for a viable backup quarterback headed into the bye considering this diagnosis was available to him in September. Ravens game is whatever, but what about the next 2 weeks? Completely unacceptable.

DTR is the plan, and not a terrible one.  He shat the bed against a good team with a very good defense with a couple hours notice he was starting.

Writing him off after one start is no less reactionary than the people who were crowning him because he looked good in preseason.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DTR is the plan, and not a terrible one.  He shat the bed against a good team with a very good defense with a couple hours notice he was starting.

Writing him off after one start is no less reactionary than the people who were crowning him because he looked good in preseason.

To be clear here, if he goes out and pees straight up in the air again against a pretty subpar Colts team, it’s absolutely on AB for not getting a vet backup going into the bye. If by some miracle a weeks worth of reps takes him from horrendous to “just don’t turn it over kid”, then that’s great.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

To be clear here, if he goes out and pees straight up in the air again against a pretty subpar Colts team, it’s absolutely on AB for not getting a vet backup going into the bye. If by some miracle a weeks worth of reps takes him from horrendous to “just don’t turn it over kid”, then that’s great.

I think that’s fair, yeah.  He’s on the 53, he’s gotta be ready to play with some reasonable accommodations for his inexperience and such.