Week 7: VIKINGS (2-4) vs 49ers (5-1)

swede700

Game 7

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&hevsNFL_49ers_zps4fo77vjm.gif?width=160&heig

When:  8:15 PM EST, October 23rd

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: ABC (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters (TV); Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: WR Jalen Nailor (hamstring), CB Akayleb Evans (oblique), Doubtful: None, Out: G Ezra Cleveland (foot)

49ers - Questionable: RB Christian McCaffrey (oblique), LB Dre Greenlaw (hamstring), Doubtful: OT Trent Williams (ankle), Out: WR Deebo Samuel (shoulder)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.      

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

The 49ers used a third-round draft pick on kicker Jake Moody thinking he’d be reliable when they needed big kicks at big moments. On Sunday, that didn’t happen.

Moody went 1-for-3 on field goals, hitting a 25-yarder but missing from 54 yards in the first quarter and then missing a 41-yard game-winner to seal the 49ers’ 19-17 loss to the Browns. Afterward, Moody took the blame.

Moody: “It sucks. The team fought really hard to get back in it to give me a chance to make it, and it’s on me. Got to make those kicks in those situations. But hopefully, I’ll have plenty more opportunities like that in my career. Obviously want to make the next one. I just didn’t hit it great, it’s unfortunate.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rookie-kicker-jake-moody-49ers-loss-was-on-me

49ers quarterback Brock Purdy had a couple of streaks come to an end in Cleveland on Sunday. Purdy lost a regular season start for the first time in his career and he threw an interception after 248 straight passes without one. Purdy was 12-of-27 for 125 yards overall in the 19-17 loss and some attributed the offensive struggles to the loss of wide receiver Deebo Samuel and running back Christian McCaffrey to injuries.

The quarterback had a different view, however. Purdy said “it starts with me” giving the players on the field better opportunities to make plays and that there’s plenty of talent on hand even if Samuel and McCaffrey aren’t on the field.

Purdy: “Obviously they’re playmakers really good playmakers and so it hurts, but at the same time, we got guys to be able to come in and make plays, too."

It remains to be seen who will be available against the Vikings in Week Seven, but the 49ers will need Purdy to rebound regardless of who else is in the lineup.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brock-purdy-injuries-hurt-but-weve-still-got-good-players

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Win and it's a whole new season

That's right.  If they can somehow manage to get to 3-4, then they potentially have the opportunity to be 8-4 going into the Bye.  Doesn't mean they would, because they'd find some way to lose to a team they should beat, but they'd have everything in front of them to meet their first goal (of making the playoffs) because it's still not out of reach, despite what others have indicated. 

• Like 2

In the NFC, 3 teams have 5 wins, and then it's 9 teams with 2 or 3 wins.   Also, don't look now, but the Vikes D has climbed to middle of the pack, being 15th in yards allowed per game and 21st in points.  

I'm not predicting they'll punch San Fran in the mouth, but it's exactly what they need to do.   The Vikes could use 3+ turnovers, while not committing any would be refreshing!   

Ultimately, this one boils down to Darrisaw vs Bosa and the rest of the O-line doing their jobs very well.   Win there, win the game!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

In the NFC, 3 teams have 5 wins, and then it's 9 teams with 2 or 3 wins.   Also, don't look now, but the Vikes D has climbed to middle of the pack, being 15th in yards allowed per game and 21st in points.  

I'm not predicting they'll punch San Fran in the mouth, but it's exactly what they need to do.   The Vikes could use 3+ turnovers, while not committing any would be refreshing!   

Ultimately, this one boils down to Darrisaw vs Bosa and the rest of the O-line doing their jobs very well.   Win there, win the game!

That Darrisaw vs Bosa match up should be epic!