The Week 7 Thread: (3-3) Washington Commanders at (1-5) New York Football Giants, 1 PM CBS / GIF Theme: Little Giants

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Thats a really good point. We need to be evaluating EB at this point. I dont know if he just cant scheme without a HoF QB or if Howell simply isnt executing.

There's definitely things a play-caller can do to make it easier on his young QB when he's struggling in the pocket and Bieniemy only did one of them once when he had Howell roll out to the left and what do you know Sam threw a strike to Jahan on the play.

• Like 2

I know 14 has been blamed for many of his sacks so far, but I don't blame him but just for one today, we are getting blitzed practically on every play, why don't we use that aggressiveness against them? Quick hitters, screens, hitches? Our O-line is being man handled, we look weak. Also, why don't WE ever BLITZ and harrass the opposing QB like the Gents have done to us so far, dame vanilla D.

Bieniemy sucks as an OC. He's just having Howell drop back and take sacks. He's a rookie QB and he's one of the league leaders in passes bc Bieniemy doesn't run the ball enough.

Bieniemy rarely calls screens or quick passes & he rarely moves the pocket with Howell. Sam is big, strong, and mobile yet Bieniemy never calls a designed QB run, like a QB draw or he never calls a zone read.

It's awful playcalling versus a defensive coordinator who blitzes almost every play and is very exotic in how he calls and disguises his defense.

Just trash gameplaning 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There's definitely things a play-caller can do to make it easier on his young QB when he's struggling in the pocket and Bieniemy only did one of them once when he had Howell roll out to the left and what do you know Sam threw a strike to Jahan on the play.

This fanbase always wants the back up. Same thing happened last year when Heinicke got benched for Wentz and it cost us a shot at the playoffs. Brissett has never QB’d a team to a .500 record. He threw as many TD passes as Heinicke last year. Going to him solves nothing. 

• Like 3

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I was being tongue in cheek. I do welcome you realizing how lol pff is though. 

I’ve always been critical of them. I just like to use them because people love to reference the dummy from Hogs Haven who treats them as gospel when they support his opinion but won’t acknowledge them when they don’t. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MosEisley said:

I know 14 has been blamed for many of his sacks so far, but I don't blame him but just for one today, we are getting blitzed practically on every play, why don't we use that aggressiveness against them? Quick hitters, screens, hitches? Our O-line is being man handled, we look weak. Also, why don't WE ever BLITZ and harrass the opposing QB like the Gents have done to us so far, dame vanilla D.

This is why I'm dubious about EB. He just doesnt seem to scheme for this issue. 

As for our defense not blitzing, that just doesnt seem to be something JDR is comfortable doing

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

This fanbase always wants the back up. Same thing happened last year when Heinicke got benched for Wentz and it cost us a shot at the playoffs. Brissett has never QB’d a team to a .500 record. He threw as many TD passes as Heinicke last year. Going to him solves nothing. 

I have no faith with Brissett. Why they spent $10 million on him boggles my mind. Would have liked to seen them sign Drew Lock for half the cost. 

• Like 2