The Week 7 Thread: (3-3) Washington Commanders at (1-5) New York Football Giants, 1 PM CBS / GIF Theme: Little Giants

MikeT14

47 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

If we dont dominate their patchwork offensive line, its time to break up the defensive front. We absolutely need to smash them this week.

No doubt.  Chase Young gets to line up against a practice squad player.  Should be sackmageddon.  This is the game that enables us to trade him for a good pick.

Edited by offbyone

25 minutes ago, offbyone said:

No doubt.  Chase Young gets to line up against a practice squad player.  Should be sackmageddon.  This is the game that enables us to trade him for a good pick.

I mean I could argue this is the game that he shows why we can't possibly lose him as well. 

This should be like a top 25 college team going against a Division 2 team. I want domination from start to finish. 

42 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I mean I could argue this is the game that he shows why we can't possibly lose him as well. 

This should be like a top 25 college team going against a Division 2 team. I want domination from start to finish. 

Exactly.  That is what I am hoping the GMs in the rest of the league think and give us a 2nd round pick because he can dominate practice squad players.  Don't worry, Rivera won't be here next year to use that 2nd round pick so it will have a shot at being a real player.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Exactly.  That is what I am hoping the GMs in the rest of the league think and give us a 2nd round pick because he can dominate practice squad players.  Don't worry, Rivera won't be here next year to use that 2nd round pick so it will have a shot at being a real player.

Chase Young isn't getting traded

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

I can’t imagine Rivera wants to get picks for the next front office to use. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-qb-daniel-jones-neck-questionable-to-play-vs-commanders

Daniel Jones is currently not cleared for contact. I can't imagine him getting cleared by gametime. 

I hate to bring it up but it sounds like the Chase Yiung injury. I agree if he's not cleared for contact the Friday before the game he's very unlikely to play.

Looks similar to Kirk’s first year as a starter only Sam is 23 & Kirk was 27 in 2015 when he broke out with his 4166 yds, 29 TDs & 11 ints season.

I’ll also say that Sam’s int stats are skewed by the bad Buffalo game where he had 2 really bad ints to Hyde & Espeneza which were out of character for Howell. 

4 of Howell’s 6 ints came in the Buffalo game. So, I'd project his ints differently. In his other 5 games, Howell is averaging .4 ints per game. You extrapolate that out over 16 games and it’s 6.4 ints in 16 games. Add in the 4 ints the Buffalo game & then give him a few more mistakes in the rest of the games and I think when it's all said and done Howell will throw 12 or 13 ints, 15 at the most.

Edited by turtle28

Going with the other half to Ocean City tonight for a work event for her.  I am not even stressed about trying to see part of the game at a bar or restaurant tomorrow.  That is how checked out I am.  We will be in Ocean city again next weekend for the OC Running Festival, and we decided to sell the tickets for the Eagles.