Week 7: San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

He just ends up on the floor too much.  It sucks because when he gets knocked all the way down, he becomes a speed bump for the other rushers.

Gregory looked solid.  He reminds me of aAden Key in Aldon Smith's body.

After his 3 sack opening game, I guessed he would end up with 7 - 7.5 sacks. I'd be shocked if he hits that now

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

We were like 6th coming into the game, I'm pretty sure lol

This is what I was referring to in my earlier post.

Stats help verify but the eye test tells me that we are not affecting the pocket the way a top 5 unit should.

And given the investments made to that particular facet of the defense, it's alarming.

This man has absolutely no idea what he is talking about...Obviously if the run game was effective, it would have been easier for Purdy....as it is for EVERY QB. But that's not the reason for the INTs. The first one was just a bad throw and sometimes QBs lose control of the throw/ball. The second one, Purdy just tried to force it when the Vikings dropped 8 in coverage and he should have instead just thrown the ball away. Has nothing to do with complimentary football or whatever the hell Lombardi is talking about lol. 

• Like 3

Feels like last night was just a case of our good players not playing well enough. Greenlaw got burned for a TD, Warner missed some tackles, Bosa couldn't get a sack, Ward couldn't come down with that INT, McCaffrey fumbled, Purdy made some bad throws in the 4th. Shanny shares some blame by not getting Aiyuk & Kittle more involved 

They will play better, some of them were banged up as well last week so hopefully they get healthy

I'm sticking with Moody for now but i keep Gould on that dial....

What i'd most like for now is a run stuffing DT & depth at CB. I'd sign Suh & trade a mid round pick for a CB 

3 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Mahomes and Josh Allen have thrown their fair share of picks in clutch situations, and Allen in particular has had games much worse than the two Purdy has just had

Yes I do agree Mahomes & Allen do in fact throw INT's but the Niners defense would be no match for them as when they rush the passer they'd be rushing air as those 2 just move away from the pressure and they'd get outside the pocket and beat the Niners defense with big throws or big runs that move the sticks and it's the same old song & dance of not being able to get off the field.

Winning a shootout against a Mahomes or Allen with Brock Purdy is a recipe for disaster. 

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Shoutout to Jaylon Moore; didn't hear his name called once and as far as i can tell, no lowlights. I'm sure Shanny helped him out but i didn't really feel Trent's absence

Without watching the film, I thought he had a solid game.

Makes you think if he might need to get a second look@ RT.

I'm not as down on McKivitz as most. 

But I definitely think it would benefit us down the road to see if Moore could be a slight upgrade there.

We were rotating Burford & Brunskill last year.

Don't see how we couldn't do the same@ RT to gauge it properly.

Wins and losses in most games, but especially close ones always come down to the details. This team right now is not sharp on the details. I assume they have become complacent as can happen when you have sustained success. 

- CMC fumble inside the 10

- Greenlaw letting Addison get over the top

- Ward not coming away with the INT

- Wilks blitzing with :16 to go before the half

- Huf being the free blitzer and just not getting there with urgency

- Purdy throwing 2 picks that are bad throws

So on and so forth. No reason to sound the alarm as some talking heads are going to tell you to. These guys will clean up the details, but this is exactly the reason why I no longer really care about what this team does until playoffs get going. It is their M.O. to have weird stretches where they get sloppy and get away from what they do best when they are at their best. It is the Kyle Shanahan thumb print thus far. He has to find a way to re-focus the group on the little stuff. I though Brock looked really good prior to those last 2 picks. He appeared to see it well and was moving well. Just a bad throw that got away and a forced one in a bad spot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Proof that this team can't come from behind and thus need to play with a double digit lead or they'll just lose. The defense can only play when the other offense is one dimensional but even in those scenarios they still can't hold unless they force a turnover b/c they can't rush the passer and they can't cover in the back end. I haven't seen an elite secondary across the board since 1994 led by Deion Sanders.

Most teams will lose in that situation to be fair. I think the Seahawks are like 0-23 or something.

3 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

He just ends up on the floor too much.  It sucks because when he gets knocked all the way down, he becomes a speed bump for the other rushers.

Gregory looked solid.  He reminds me of aAden Key in Aldon Smith's body.

He's not that strong at this point. 

Did I have one too many beers by the end of the game, or did it seem like Ray Ray had most, if not all, the targets to end the game?  I like Ray Ray in that whole....surprise everyone, you thought Ray Ray was out there blocking, but just carved you up for 10-15 yards once or twice a game.  But, it seemed like Brock was forcing the ball to him towards the end.  I thought he was the intended target on that last interception as well.  Again, I may have had too many beers, but I just thought it was such a weird ending.  Playcalling was just.....weird all game.  On both sides of the ball.  Not being able to get a stop on 3rd down was so infuriating.  

Oh well.  On to our next loss....I mean game.