2023 GDT Week #7 Steelers Visit The Rams

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week Steelers visit Rams?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Steelers finally beat the Rams in Los Angeles?

• Heck Yeah! We are getting better and ready to roll!
    • No. They have not solved the Offensive problems. Rams win at home.
    • I have np clue? This team is so up and down. who knows what they do?

2019-steelers-vs-rams.jpg

Sunday, 10/22/23 at 4:25 Pm SoFi Stadium Los Angeles, CA

la-photos-1staff-597718-sp-0821-sofi-sta

All-Time Series 15-10-2  in favor of the Rams.  However, The Steelers have won the last four (4) meetings.

Last Meeting won in Pittsburgh 17-12 on 11/10/2-19. Mason Rudolph played one of his better games and threw a short TD to James Washington and Minkh Fitzpatrick scooped up a fumble and ran 43 yards for a TD. 

1181461275.jpg.0.jpg

Mason Cole and the Steelers' interior offensive line are gonna have their hands full with one of the best DLs of all time in Mr. Aaron Donald. 

gettyimages-888027856-1.jpg?resize=650

A great way to offset the Rams' defensive interior is to have a balanced attack. This would be a great game for Kenny Pickett to build off his fourth-quarter heroics. 

ljbbvvmsrsrnjefatz0a.jpg

CenterIt would not be a bad game for Cemter Mason Cole and RB Najee Harris to get the run game going. 

ywsakuikicwt7f1kd8lg.jpg

Ahkello Witherspoon is hoping that he can get a pick or two a la Steve Nelson to get a little revenge for getting let go.  Truthfully, I was hoping the team kept you Ahkello. 

Rams-news-Los-Angeles-boosts-defense-wit

Hopefully, Sean McVay won't be all smiles in the coaching battle versus Coach Tomlin. The Steelers have struggled against some of the great young minds and coaches. 

azgyfcyad0fadpdezheq.jpg

Mr. Pickens is hoping to be more of Pickett's go-to receiver on a regular basis.  He has the ability to cause fits for the Rams and most secondaries when he is on his game (and gets the dang ball)!

matt-stafford.jpg

Hopefully, Mr. Watt and Mr. Highsmith and company can get to Mr. Mathew Stafford early and often. If he gets comfortable, he has a plethora of weapons to throw to in Mr. Cooper Kupp, rookie Puka Nacua ( I am concerned about him with Levi Wallace or "Pappa Smurf" Patrick Peterson), Tu Tu Atwell, and TE Tyler Higbee. It may be a good idea to get JPJR and Kwon Alexander on the field more on defense. (disregard the Jet's gang green as Kwon is a Stiller now). 

20221002mfsteelerssports21-1-1690676642.

I am honestly to the point of saying the opposite of what I think in order to be correct. 🤪😁 The Steelers are all over the place.

th?id=OIP.nAJZME18Hgt2Kv2H5ZeK_gHaCv&pid

I am hoping that Anthony McFarland and Dionte Johnson can come off the IR to help jumpstart the offensive passing game and help to establish some offensive rhythm. If the OL play does not improve, it will be tough sledding even with their additions. 

I think our defense has been susceptible to the run. Rams RB Kyren Williams is out as well as back-up Ronnie Rivers. The other problem is our secondary has been giving up 100-yard receiving days and TDs like every game's a holiday. The Rams receivers are good enough to carve up our porous secondary, but the problem for them may be the Steelers pass rush getting to Matt Stafford.

5741275637_945d9b99ba_o-1392x971.jpg

The Steelers are not great on the West Coast, but they have beaten the Rams the last four times. Toss a coin. My head is saying Rams 20-19. My Steelers Homerism/Fandom is saying, Steelers, you can win......

th?id=OIP.8VYtk5uDZcLl0x-VbrIQlAHaIl&pid

Steelers over Rams 26-20. Do you really think we can score 26 points without the defense scoring two TDs? 😁

17018680-scaled-e1664487395749.jpg

That wasn't funny Hitman. 

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Completing Weekly GD Thread

Kevin Dotson on difference of tactics between Mike Tomlin and Sean McVay: “A player-coach can talk to you in a way that gets you pumped up. Mike T. lives off of a little bit more negative energy, but Sean McVay is a little more positive by saying ‘we got this and we can do this.’ For Mike T., he knows you can do better and you tell yourself ‘ah man, I got to get it right because he knows I can do it and he shows me the plays that I messed up on and I say ‘I need to lock in. McVay would say ‘I’ve seen you do this B-Block and you killed him on it.’ Then I say to myself ‘I know I can hit this, he just showed me I can hit this.’” #Steelers #NFL

I really feel like this can be read in the two ways:

Way 1 - Players are soft and react poorly to criticism

Way 2 - Coaches that coddle players get better results

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

pretty sure Jerome Bettis was the Rams RB the last time they played them in LA lol

This is correct.  That was 1993.  Although we have won the last 4 matchups with the Rams.  And 5-1 against them since that loss in LA.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I really feel like this can be read in the two ways:

Way 1 - Players are soft and react poorly to criticism

Way 2 - Coaches that coddle players get better results

why do players need either?   what about being a pro ready to play your best?

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Or the message gets lost when what you're saying sounds more and more like noise.

and a round about way or broken record that players are tied of hearing etc...... just maybe

1 hour ago, VigilantZombie said:

Kyren Williams is out for this game apparently.  

If we can find a way to contain Kupp and Nacua, we can win this game, if we cant.... good god. 

thats the defensive side, sound fair to me and perhaps possible. Now, what about our offensive offence?  whats next, fans singing oh canada?   This is the main  issue with this team,  what will be done only they know

11 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

why do players need either?   what about being a pro ready to play your best?

and a round about way or broken record that players are tied of hearing etc...... just maybe

thats the defensive side, sound fair to me and perhaps possible. Now, what about our offensive offence?  whats next, fans singing oh canada?   This is the main  issue with this team,  what will be done only they know

Offensively, we gotta sustain drives we can't 3 and out on our first possession. Let alone our first 5. We gotta have long methodical drives that end in TDs. They've made it clear Canada is here to stay, in other words. They'll continue to blame the players, ignore the problem, and settle for mediocrity.

The players, Pickett especially need to start ignoring Canada and taking matters into their own hands.

• Like 1