2023 GDT Week #7 Steelers Visit The Rams

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week Steelers visit Rams?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Steelers finally beat the Rams in Los Angeles?

• Heck Yeah! We are getting better and ready to roll!
    • No. They have not solved the Offensive problems. Rams win at home.
    • I have np clue? This team is so up and down. who knows what they do?

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Did anyone hear him with this quote? Like why the hell would you put Kenny into answering this question? Maybe I’m missing something without all the information here, but Canada seems to love to throw people under the bus. 

But isn't that what all of our coaches have done including Tomlin during the Tomlin Era? They act like they're flawless and the players are the problem. Execution, play better, splash plays, blah blah blah.

Can't execute a trash gameplan and make it look like gold. Can't play better when the best players aren't on the field. And instead of seeking splash plays and needing them to win, how about you coach consistency and good overall play and coaching?

Nope, Tomlin with his stupid Tomlinisms and taking 0 accountability.  He hasn't got the right to get upset with reporters asking the same questions until he proves he is more than a mediocrity-capable coach 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think this is one of the biggest problems facing the offense. It's not that we do anything different than anyone else, we just don't disguise what we do at all. We run when we have our run guys in. We pass when we have our pass guys in. We never disguise anything. Plus, the 99% run on 2nd and long is the most frustrating thing I've ever seen. A shotgun run with Pickens and DJ out wide. A pass from under center when we have 2-3 TEs in. Just a little creativity would go a long way. 

I’m on Italy time so this is wild to me all the posting happened while I was asleep. 

The easiest stat on this:

Najee has gone on a route on only 7% of his snaps. 

10 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

He wasn't clear on his alignment on the play. Minkah had to tell him to adjust with the motion and then his reaction when the play happened was to come up and he got way too far up there and he ended up with a very poor angle then to top it off he either lacked any explosion to come close to make it up or gave up mentally once he realized he was so late and the angle was so bad. 

My thoughts are that he was having troubles "jumping onto the moving train" and his athleticism is not currently good enough to make up for understanding deficiencies or errors. Combined with the fact that they really do need better athleticism outside more than anything.

That’s all the reports out there was he got in the building and he wasn’t what they thought. Sounds like from what I’ve heard he’s not smart/doesn’t study film all that much.

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Did anyone hear him with this quote? Like why the hell would you put Kenny into answering this question? Maybe I’m missing something without all the information here, but Canada seems to love to throw people under the bus. 

This is one of my least favorite things about his and he’s done it to three QBs here now. He believes so much in his system (because other guys have successfully used it) that it’s the players not him. 

Funny analogy but it reminds me of the guy who would do something like love ratitulie in a restaurant, follow the recipe, but not use what it calls for, and wonders why it tastes like ****. 

Like here’s just another example of it:

https://x.com/markkaboly/status/1715080139946520660?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Najee says he and Cole stuck around to help figure things out and Canada’s like “no you didn’t”.  I think it’s part of how bad things are for him around here too. So now if the run game works he won’t get credit, if the pass game works he won’t get credit. Just strikes me as childish.

Anyways - I’m at the Vatican today so I’ll be lighting a candle in rememberance of good Steelers offenses. 

Edited by warfelg

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Unless he really steps it up at the end of this year and next and stays healthy the whole time, I'm letting him walk. He's made of glass. 

plus being a poor blocker. A good receiving threat, but not amazing and in this offense? I rather number 1 TE money go somewhere else. we can find someone slightly worse on the FA market for way cheaper. 

Edited by August4th

47 minutes ago, August4th said:

sounds like Pat will be out. would you give him a second contact? I might let him Walk depending on the money 

I think he’s in line for like $10mil AAV so hard pass. I think I’d do the “test FA but we won’t pay what’s offered.”

4 hours ago, August4th said:

sounds like Pat will be out. would you give him a second contact? I might let him Walk depending on the money 

let him go, he is a player that will always have injurie issues.

letting gunner go is finally a reality:

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-news/

18 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

TO DO LIST 

1. Cut Gunner ✔️

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think he’s in line for like $10mil AAV so hard pass. I think I’d do the “test FA but we won’t pay what’s offered.”

easy pass for me. 

if they want to pay /overpay a player, make it a legit pro bowl  player that is durable - I don't care if it's a CB, OL or ILB, just not a player thats always injured. This team needs to toughen up and start with the roster. Cliche's , draft stock and hype don't cover up unavailability

My current mock:

Round 1: J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan
Round 2: Sedrick Van Pran Center Georgia
Round 3: Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
Round 4a: Smael Mondon ILB Georgia
Round 4b: Christian Haynes Guard UConn
Round 6: DeWayne Carter NT Duke
Round 7: Jayden Thomas WR Notre Dame

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

My current mock:

Round 1: J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan
Round 2: Sedrick Van Pran Center Georgia
Round 3: Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
Round 4a: Smael Mondon ILB Georgia
Round 4b: Christian Haynes Guard UConn
Round 6: DeWayne Carter NT Duke
Round 7: Jayden Thomas WR Notre Dame

RD2 and 3  for sure would get the OL set .  Not sure about RD1 though, see what happens with KP this year but I still expect them to keep KP.  However, what if Dobbs gets the QB2 role for the Cardinals, and we trade for  Clayton Tune? It would allow us RD1 CB  which looks like an area of need. 

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I honestly think part of cutting Gunner was to "give them blood" 

The great majority of Steelers Nation had their ire quelled just a bit today with that move. 

so if we win this week, they go back and sign gunner again xD

I was shocked he never got cut after some of the ST plays he failed badly on, the out of bounds KR for example. Agree though, they might be just calming us down a bit and that also took some heat off canada at the same time. 

• Like 1

@JustPlainNasty

do you think by december the following will finally be in place:

Jpj starting

Jones starting LT or RT

cole being replaced at C

Warren more carries/snaps but not sure how much more just a bit more

Washington getting more snaps for both run game and receiving

canada making better playcalling

Johnson  returning eventually will help the offence

more deep passes to Austin to take top off defence more often

cole being replaced at C

Pickens getting more passes, this is a given but thought I would mention this anyways because who knows what will happen with him

finally more respectable wins that are actually enjoyable instead of the usually win ugly and barely watchable