The Good, the Bagent, and the Dck Eating Week 7

ronjon1990

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kyler Murray signed one of the biggest contracts in NFL history and is on track to take over as the Cardinals franchise QB in a couple of weeks. We are like a year and a half removed from everyone viewing him as a legitimate MVP level player. Jalen Hurts is viewed as one of the best QB's in the NFL after he spent time with Lincoln Riley in the Big 12. Baker Mayfield's career hasn't been great but he's still an average starter. 

Mahomes physical tools are other worldly, like arguably the best in NFL history. Just insane to me that you think he'd bust anywhere else as a top 15 pick with elite tools. But Brady who was a 6th round pick that landed with the greatest coach in professional sports history was a shoe in to be great regardless of situation. 

If Brady was always going to be the GOAT why did teams pass up on him for 6 rounds?

Yea except the part where he was horrible last year, they may trade him and start over & kingsberry got fired because of his inability to develop him beyond the gimmicky college offense.(I love Kyler BTW and hope he does well.)

Jalen Hurts is actually a perfect example of what im talking about. Goes in the second round but ends up in the right program and the right coach so hes able to florish. Thats not happening if he ends up with a clown like Kingsberry or Matt Nagy. Theres no a whole lot of difference between Jalen Hurts or Justin fields talent. One Just went to the right place and one didnt. Yes you have to have talent but you also have to go to the right place. 

As for Brady, really good players get passed on all the time. I mean look at the other goat Joe montana went in the 3rd. Joe Theisman went round 4. Bart star 10th round Trent green 8th round. Brock Purdy was the last pick in the draft. Teams make grave mistakes and pay for them. We know this especially because we're raider fans lol

37 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yea except the part where he was horrible last year, they may trade him and start over & kingsberry got fired because of his inability to develop him beyond the gimmicky college offense.(I love Kyler BTW and hope he does well.)

Jalen Hurts is actually a perfect example of what im talking about. Goes in the second round but ends up in the right program and the right coach so hes able to florish. Thats not happening if he ends up with a clown like Kingsberry or Matt Nagy. Theres no a whole lot of difference between Jalen Hurts or Justin fields talent. One Just went to the right place and one didnt. Yes you have to have talent but you also have to go to the right place. 

As for Brady, really good players get passed on all the time. I mean look at the other goat Joe montana went in the 3rd. Joe Theisman went round 4. Bart star 10th round Trent green 8th round. Brock Purdy was the last pick in the draft. Teams make grave mistakes and pay for them. We know this especially because we're raider fans lol

You genuinely believe Brady is the GOAT regardless of where he lands but Mahomes is a product of Reid? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You genuinely believe Brady is the GOAT regardless of where he lands but Mahomes is a product of Reid? 

The Misquotes continue. I thought I made it clear that his record speaks for its self that Brady has had multiple coordinators and played for 2 different teams. He has 7 rings. Sure the patriots gave him a shot. At some point it didnt matter who was calling the plays. The guy is the best player who ever lived. This is all in regard to any particular patriots coordinator reaping the credit. 

Andy Reid has been a QB guru and true offensive mastermind regardless of who he's had as his starting QB. 

25 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The Misquotes continue. I thought I made it clear that his record speaks for its self that Brady has had multiple coordinators and played for 2 different teams. He has 7 rings. Sure the patriots gave him a shot. At some point it didnt matter who was calling the plays. The guy is the best player who ever lived. This is all in regard to any particular patriots coordinator reaping the credit. 

Andy Reid has been a QB guru and true offensive mastermind regardless of who he's had as his starting QB. 

Do you think Brady would've been the same without the best coach in NFL history? Lets say the Raiders drafted him and he was with Gruden, you think he would've been the GOAT and led us to 6 Super Bowls and been the most productive player in NFL history? 

You also said that Carr going to New Orleans would lift them into Super Bowl contention and was basically the same as Brady to TB or Manning to DEN...

Edited by NYRaider

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Interesting, Cole Kmet said the Bears felt like the Raiders were jet lagged. We weren’t the same team they saw on film the weeks prior.

Perhaps it is our old nemesis, early start games 

I admire you looking for hope anywhere you can but this team just is not good right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think Brady would've been the same without the best coach in NFL history? Lets say the Raiders drafted him and he was with Gruden, you think he would've been the GOAT and led us to 6 Super Bowls and been the most productive player in NFL history? 

You also said that Carr going to New Orleans would lift them into Super Bowl contention and was basically the same as Brady to TB or Manning to DEN...

As far as the gruden question, I think it's possible. Because when I look at Belichick, I have to ask the question. What is he done since Brady left? He hasn't won playoff game. He hasn't really done much winning in general. Sure he has a great defense of mind easily one of the best ever. But I think things are different when you don't have to worry about the quarterback. Think about this how many times were they able to load up on defense? Simply because Brady was willing to not only take a peek at himself, but work with less at skilled positions. He would find ways to win with Kimbrel Tompkins at receiver. 

I've already addressed the misquoted out of context narrative you're trying to drive about saying Carr is the next Brady/Peyton manning qb. 

Edited by Jeremy408

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

As far as the gruden question, I think it's possible. Because when I look at Belichick, I have to ask the question. What is he done since Brady left? He hasn't won playoff game. He hasn't really done much winning in general. Sure he has a great defense of mind easily one of the best ever. But I think things are different when you don't have to worry about the quarterback. Think about this how many times were they able to load up on defense? Simply because Brady was willing to not only take a peek at himself, but work with less at skilled positions. He would find ways to win with Kimbrel Tompkins at receiver. 

I've already addressed the misquoted out of context narrative you're trying to drive about saying Carr is the next Brady/Peyton manning qb. 

You're insane 

On 10/25/2023 at 5:45 PM, bucksavage1 said:

I just need us to get to 7 wins to cash a nice betting ticket 

No wonder you don’t want us to tank👍🤣🍻 and no, I’m not saying I want us to. This team with that turd as coach will lose naturally.....see last week for example, or the multiple mcdummy fg decisions. Sorry brother, but 4 more might be tough for mcdoofus.