The Good, the Bagent, and the Dck Eating Week 7

ronjon1990

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're not wrong. The piling on McDaniels for being a subpar HC is understandable. But fans should be able to do it with respect to the fact he was well respected around the league as a play caller. Too easy to put all NE's success on one man (Brady), when that is never the case. 

His undoing will be QB this go around. He fumbled that entire situation. He went all in on Carr mistakingly. Then his knee jerk answer to Brady retiring and failing to secure the #1 overall pick was Jimmy G. A good QB could hide a lot of his other inefficiencies as a coach. However, the opposite is also true and will lead to his firing.

Yes it's clear guys are getting open, but no one to deliver the ball, that being said his horrible coaching decisions are proof he's in over his head. Just dumb decisions every game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is basically saying going with Gruden was a good move when it wasn’t. 

What?!?!

Harbaugh is the anti Gruden! He’s gone in and turned the 49ers franchise around and went to a Super Bowl with Colin flipping Karpernick, then he virtually single handidly turned Michigan Uni around. Gruden took ready built teams by other people and had success for a very short while before running them into the ground.

Harbaugh built a team, a culture from rubble. His brother is not doing a bad job either and he’ll have tons of options for complimentary coaching roles like coordinators when the next hot thing won’t have. I know it’s tempting to go with a young coordinator with no HC resume or team building resume but we need a strong hand on the wheel I think, someone with experience to set a tone and build a culture. Harbaugh is a culture builder plus he’ll have intimate knowledge of college players in the draft too and I think he wants the challenge with the Raiders. We obviously won’t do it as it makes too much sense 😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

FFS man. Mayer has got to be frustrated. LaPorta is getting a ton of praise and for good reason, but if we had a competent QB Mayer would have like 200+ more yards than he does now lol.

You’re right, Mayer should be lighting up the league as he’s been consistently schemed open for weeks now. We need a QB that can deliver the ball on time…….

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is basically saying going with Gruden was a good move when it wasn’t. 

Not a valid comparison. Gruden stunk out Tampa Bay for years after he won the SB. Numerous losing seasons, not a single playoff win.

Harbaugh only ever won before leaving for college football.

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're not wrong. The piling on McDaniels for being a subpar HC is understandable. But fans should be able to do it with respect to the fact he was well respected around the league as a play caller. Too easy to put all NE's success on one man (Brady), when that is never the case. 

His undoing will be QB this go around. He fumbled that entire situation. He went all in on Carr mistakingly. Then his knee jerk answer to Brady retiring and failing to secure the #1 overall pick was Jimmy G. A good QB could hide a lot of his other inefficiencies as a coach. However, the opposite is also true and will lead to his firing.

The man cant coach call plays or make decisions

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I disagree that he can't call plays. I see guys schemed wide open every week. See the play above as an example. 

The issue is the QB can't get them the ball. And because the QBs suck, JMD doesn't trust the offense which leads to a lot of terrible conservative decisions.

That's not to make an excuse, he choose the QBs and it's his job to make it work. His game management is what angers me. Conservative to a fault. You have to trust your offense to some degree. Kicking FGs vs. trying to tie a game. QB sneaks on 2nd and short. This stuff is infuriating. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I disagree that he can't call plays. I see guys schemed wide open every week. See the play above as an example. 

The issue is the QB can't get them the ball. And because the QBs suck, JMD doesn't trust the offense which leads to a lot of terrible conservative decisions.

That's not to make an excuse, he choose the QBs and it's his job to make it work. His game management is what angers me. Conservative to a fault. You have to trust your offense to some degree. Kicking FGs vs. trying to tie a game. QB sneaks on 2nd and short. This stuff is infuriating. 

https://x.com/LeviDamien/status/1716667352748875816?s=20

27 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

This is mostly meaningless and I don't understand the narrative. What do most coaches win without a QB, let alone the GOAT.

It's beyond rare teams win a Super Bowl without a top end QB. 

Doesn't mean JMD doesn't suck, but QBs will make or break most coaches to a degree. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’d not argue about Head Coaching and his decision making at times has been dire with some real perplexing decisions but he can call plays IMO.

He says it ad nauseam, but he’s right in part that we havent been executing. Look at all the times Adams, Tucker, Renfrow or Mayer have been wide open and been missed. I know we complained about Carr leaving plays on the table and rightly so, but this year has taken that to new levels.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Sorry, just saw this after I posted exactly the same thing! You got there first and I agree 100% 👍🏼

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is mostly meaningless and I don't understand the narrative. What do most coaches win without a QB, let alone the GOAT.

It's beyond rare teams win a Super Bowl without a top end QB. 

Doesn't mean JMD doesn't suck, but QBs will make or break most coaches to a degree. 

He didn't have a quarterback; he had the quarterback(the best QB of all time). It shows that Brady was going to win, regardless of who is calling the plays. 

My thing is he is so indecisive. When to go for it, when to be aggressive, when to kick a FG. It just feels so clunky. As much talent is on offense, as great a play caller as he’s supposed to be, you can’t call a game to play to your team’s strengths? Say he didn’t know Jimmys arm is shot(you’d think you’d look into this. if not when you sign him but when you restructure and add guarantees in future years) wtf are we doing with Brian Hoyer, you know Jimmy Glass will miss games, you overpaid Hoyer, you knew he was going to play at some point, you can’t put a game plan together with him to beat a bottom feeder? Wtf was the point of paying so much, with guarantees for two years. It’s ridiculous.

• Like 1