The Good, the Bagent, and the Dck Eating Week 7

ronjon1990

I can’t even say this feels like the Shell era. Yeah the Raiders were getting blown out every week and lucked into 2 wins but we all knew that heads would roll in the offseason because of the poor management. This offense is JMDs toe to tip and they still can’t score 20 points. We’re almost halfway through the season and they haven’t done that?! It’s insane especially considering JMD is supposed to be the offensive guru. Honestly i feel like Davis doesn’t want to fire him because he hand picked him. Pride is getting in the way here. 

• Like 3

The good is I didn't watch and stopped watching a few games ago. I'm in Vegas and see so much Knights stuff but less Raiders stuff than when I lived in San Diego. The production on the field is PATHETIC! The players are better than this but something is 'off' and you have to start at the top and work your way down. The owner inherited a team and has no football sense beyond NY Raider level. The GM is buddies with the coach and came from a team that had a system that was extremely successful but no team who's tried it has had much success. The coach, same as the GM but had already destroyed a team that is our rival and many of us got what we thought would happen. He left Indy at the alter and I don't need to focus on the problem because I have the SOLUTION! If Bill B gets fired he's hired as Football Overseer on the field. McDaniels is now just the OC as Bill tells all what to do. The GM's job is to get the best players to fit the system and doesn't have to pick who the coaches want. The GM has to get final approval from ownership before using top draft picks because the future might not involve any of them. 

12 hours ago, NickButera said:

The most frustrating part about this whole season is most of us fans are being proven right week in and week out. Mcdaniels has shown zero, and I mean zero, reason why he should be kept. 

It's just absurd. I can't point to one thing he's doing well.

I have to be honest and say I’ve probably been about the most patient person on here, given the coaching staff chance after chance but the continual errors, underperformance and ineptitude I just can’t reconcile.

If we had one game where the tackling was bad you’d say fair enough, if we had one game where our clock management was bad you’d say fair enough, if we had one game with perplexing 4th down decisions you’d say fair enough. All these things are repeating week after week so I’m confident in saying there is a major coaching issue. There is a talent issue aswell but when all players are making stupid errors (like Maxx and Davante) then there’s a top down problem.

That against the Bears was not a talent issue, you simply cannot tell me the Bears had much more talent than us, I don’t believe it. Are we super talented? No, but the Bears are not more talented. That was a disorganised team who are not on the same page. All the coaching staff are responsible for that performance imho.

Ive always said I’d give McDaniels and Ziegler three years unless things go absolutely crazy, I think we’re at the stage where unless there’s an immediate and sustained improvement I simply don’t trust them to draft nor develop a new QB. Therefore, they have to go at the end of the year. 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You can point the finger though. 

If there is a collective team loss, that's on the coach. 

Hondo needs to just go away. 

Hondo has very quickly morphed from the most reliable insider with opinions and thoughts that most fans could get on board with, to some kind of weird Raiders propaganda/McDaniels shill type of “reporter”.

Just like the Raiders, he’s become a massive letdown.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Hondo has very quickly morphed from the most reliable insider with opinions and thoughts that most fans could get on board with, to some kind of weird Raiders propaganda/McDaniels shill type of “reporter”.

Just like the Raiders, he’s become a massive letdown.

Meh he’s just trying to be professional but imo there’s a conflict of interest cause he’s friends with a lot of people. That said he’s waiting for the perfect time to call domino. Realistically you can’t do it sitting at 3-4. But we’re getting close to the moment I bet it’s the bye week. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh he’s just trying to be professional but imo there’s a conflict of interest cause he’s friends with a lot of people. That said he’s waiting for the perfect time to call domino. Realistically you can’t do it sitting at 3-4. But we’re getting close to the moment I bet it’s the bye week. 

Unfortunately our bye week isn’t until Week 13.

If we’re waiting for then before this house of cards properly starts to topple, we’ve got a whole lot of suffering coming up in the next 6 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Unfortunately our bye week isn’t until Week 13.

If we’re waiting for then before this house of cards properly starts to topple, we’ve got a whole lot of suffering coming up in the next 6 weeks.

Mark has no freakin marbles imo his daddy rip would’ve pulled out the overhead projector. This team is a embarrassment right now. Only mark can fix this but he’s to busy hanging around wnba games tryna holla at chicks. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Still not fired yet? Smh 

Won't be fired in season, because what's the point? And who's going to replace him on staff? Who can even call plays?

Which is more to the point. Next coach can we PLEASE get someone who can assess and build a quality staff vs. hiring a guy who employs a bunch of his buddies and yes men. I mean seriously, Mick Lombardi in your OC? What has that guy ever done to be an NFL OC? 

• Like 3

No excuse to lose to a team like the Bears by 30. Foreman is literally JAG and we made him look like an All Pro, Bagent? D2 UDFA making his first start? Go ahead and have the game of your life. No guts, no game plan, no vision, no progress. I wants McDaniels to work out for the sake of no having to start over, but he is just not the guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Won't be fired in season, because what's the point? And who's going to replace him on staff? Who can even call plays?

Which is more to the point. Next coach can we PLEASE get someone who can assess and build a quality staff vs. hiring a guy who employs a bunch of his buddies and yes men. I mean seriously, Mick Lombardi in your OC? What has that guy ever done to be an NFL OC? 

But we were just mad we had a lot of ex Pats in the building lol 

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If we want to be a winning franchise Mark Davis cannot be the one to make the decision on the coach. Period.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I have to be honest and say I’ve probably been about the most patient person on here, given the coaching staff chance after chance but the continual errors, underperformance and ineptitude I just can’t reconcile.

If we had one game where the tackling was bad you’d say fair enough, if we had one game where our clock management was bad you’d say fair enough, if we had one game with perplexing 4th down decisions you’d say fair enough. All these things are repeating week after week so I’m confident in saying there is a major coaching issue. There is a talent issue aswell but when all players are making stupid errors (like Maxx and Davante) then there’s a top down problem.

That against the Bears was not a talent issue, you simply cannot tell me the Bears had much more talent than us, I don’t believe it. Are we super talented? No, but the Bears are not more talented. That was a disorganised team who are not on the same page. All the coaching staff are responsible for that performance imho.

Ive always said I’d give McDaniels and Ziegler three years unless things go absolutely crazy, I think we’re at the stage where unless there’s an immediate and sustained improvement I simply don’t trust them to draft nor develop a new QB. Therefore, they have to go at the end of the year. 

I'm with you. I preached patience and letting their vision take shape. I was wrong in that assessment. Everything is backsliding and nothing is trending positvely.

You're correct. It's the same errors on repeat. And it's the same assessment from JMD as last year "lack of execution" and pointing to the players. Okay boss, you're the coach. You ran the old QB off because he failed to execute. You picked a guy who you thought could and that has backfired. Maybe it's on you and your hand picked staff to better coach it?

Forget about turning the ship, the thing is sinking. That said, Davis will be a hero to Raider Nation when he's fired. Can't think of a coach more universally hated that McDaniels by a fan base.

• Like 5