The Good, the Bagent, and the Dck Eating Week 7

ronjon1990

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Please Santa, bring us Jim Harbaugh. 

He’s got a great track record and has turned teams around but the cherry on the cake would be to resurrect the Raiders and win a Super Bowl in Silver and Black……..I’m sure he’s be excited by that prospect, that would be his legacy!

Ted has seen the light

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

McDaniels was a legit good OC in NE.  Even without Brady.  He is credited with some very creative game plans over years.  Mac Jones looked really good with him as a rookie no less and has looked mostly like a dog turd without him with the more experience.  

I have heard NFL people say (pre-Raiders) he is one of most knowledgeable football people they know or have met.   I thought he learned all these lessons from time in Denver and wasn't quite ready for Indy.  

But outside NE it's like he takes stupid pills.  It's almost like a super natural phenomenon.  Like he is enhanced in this one geographic area and loses his super powers when he leaves it or is put in overall charge of a team.

Given above I wanted him to be Bears HC.  I wanted an offensive head coach and he seemed like best one available.   That looks like one of my dumbest calls in hindsight.

Watch he goes back to NE as OC next year.  Assuming Raiders fire him.  I think it's possible he might get another year.  I don't get impression Davis wants to fire him.  

You're not wrong. The piling on McDaniels for being a subpar HC is understandable. But fans should be able to do it with respect to the fact he was well respected around the league as a play caller. Too easy to put all NE's success on one man (Brady), when that is never the case. 

His undoing will be QB this go around. He fumbled that entire situation. He went all in on Carr mistakingly. Then his knee jerk answer to Brady retiring and failing to secure the #1 overall pick was Jimmy G. A good QB could hide a lot of his other inefficiencies as a coach. However, the opposite is also true and will lead to his firing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Please Santa, bring us Jim Harbaugh. 

He’s got a great track record and has turned teams around but the cherry on the cake would be to resurrect the Raiders and win a Super Bowl in Silver and Black……..I’m sure he’s be excited by that prospect, that would be his legacy!

I refuse to have my heart broken again. I've wanted Harbs the last 2 cycles and here we are. 

Didn't sound like he could get an interview last round here, but he might have just been playing a game of leverage. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

There is tons of tape on Harbaugh’s teams from the NFL and hasn’t coached in the NFL in ten years. This fanbase always falls for the dazzling name brand. 

He isn't a retread though. He's a coach who coached 4 years in the league. He went 8-8. 12-4, 11-4-1, and 13-3. Then left. He has literally only ever won. I get why you'd want an unknown who has proven nothing, but going with a guy like Harbough is a smart move. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

He isn't a retread though. He's a coach who coached 4 years in the league. He went 8-8. 12-4, 11-4-1, and 13-3. Then left. He has literally only ever won. I get why you'd want an unknown who has proven nothing, but going with a guy like Harbough is a smart move. 

This is basically saying going with Gruden was a good move when it wasn’t. 

13 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is basically saying going with Gruden was a good move when it wasn’t. 

Or it's basically the same as saying it was a good idea to give Belichik, Andy Ried, Don Shula, Mike Shanahan, Pete Carrol, Tom Coughlin, Marc Levy, Schottenheimer, Dungy, etc etc second chances. But you know, pick whatever coach fits your argument. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

There is tons of tape on Harbaugh’s teams from the NFL and hasn’t coached in the NFL in ten years. This fanbase always falls for the dazzling name brand. 

This is true. The main difference between Gruden that he started to lose a lot before leaving the NFL then went to TV.

Harbaugh still coaching, won in the NFL and literally every job he’s had but that was over a decade ago. Who knows if the game has passed him by. NFL is the most competitive league to be coaching

Being away from the NFL for 10 seasons could be a rude awakening.

I’d prefer to get a long time coordinator like Lou Anarumo. I’d imagine we won’t fire DZ so Jared Mayo or Brian Flores are possible 

But Harbaugh is the type of HC Mark will hire

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

Or it's basically the same as saying it was a good idea to give Belichik, Andy Ried, Don Shula, Mike Shanahan, Pete Carrol, Tom Coughlin, Marc Levy, Schottenheimer, Dungy, etc etc second chances. But you know, pick whatever coach fits your argument. 

Those guys were all coming off strong NFL seasons, or recent great NFL seasons. Not Gruden and Harbaugh with a ten year absence. Not a narrative, reality.