Week 8 GDT: Do We Ask Josh For An Encore or Tell Him To Lose Yourself?

ronjon1990

Result?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Result?

• Do we Capture It?
    • Or Just Let It Slip?
    • There's vomit on my sweater already

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2023 at 04:00 AM

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I have a life and don't sit around and post on here all day long.  My time is valuable as you can tell by how right I have been regarding this whole situation. The same logic I use here has translated into being right in regards to the stock market.   You post non stop trash on here wasting time.... 

The Raiders are hot trash just like I said and you're terrible posts and takes have not aged well.  This team was trash before the season started which iwas clear to anyone with a remote understanding of football which is clearly not you.  The team is a straight embarrassment and has been before the year started to anyone who is looking and not a total shill.  

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So if he was this bad in SF, why didn't defenses stack the box and commit to stopping their run game? Jimmy still made the throws and moved the offense. He was a game manager in SF and what I expect here. But he's fallen off being even a game manager at this stage. 

I don't disagree. I wanted nothing to do with Jimmy G. Getting rid of Carr should have be a pre-cursor to a rebuild. 

And as bad as this sucks, I'm happy to be done with Carr. There is finally clarity that the team can see they need to make moves to secure a franchise QB vs. committing to average year after year with Carr. 

This is a respectable take. But I don't want a coach that coaches qb's this poorly and recognizes talent this poorly.

This smug pig deluded himself into thinking this was anything but a major downgrade. Jimmy is legit a bottom 5 starter. It's actually embarrassing for this front office.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So if he was this bad in SF, why didn't defenses stack the box and commit to stopping their run game? Jimmy still made the throws and moved the offense. He was a game manager in SF and what I expect here. But he's fallen off being even a game manager at this stage. 

I think the biggest thing to remember, is that yes, our D has improved greatly. But it is no where near the SF D. 
That D, continously gave them great field position, and would hold teams to quick 3 and outs. 

While our D has improved a ton, teams still eat up clock against us with long drives, and before yesterday not a ton of turnovers. 

Short fields, lots of turnovers, opposing team having lots of 3 and outs = lots and lots of chances for jimmy. 
Ds did stack the boxes against him. Their weapons would break a tackle and out run the rest of the D. once or twice a game for scores. 

but trust me, they stacked the box against the 9ers. 
-
do we think Mark Davis watched 9er games before the hire? or just saw the winning stat and was like empty pay check lets get this guy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No words. I feel for JMD because the offense could work if he didn't absolutely fumble the QB position. 

Did all the injuries get to Jimmy? He used to look poise in the pocket. Now he's got happy feet and his eyes are not down field. I never thought Jimmy was a good QB, but serviceable. He's downright cooked now. 

Why would you feel for JMD? He created this mess, this is his work. Par the course everywhere outside of Bills lap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't disagree. I wanted nothing to do with Jimmy G. Getting rid of Carr should have be a pre-cursor to a rebuild. 

And as bad as this sucks, I'm happy to be done with Carr. There is finally clarity that the team can see they need to make moves to secure a franchise QB vs. committing to average year after year with Carr. 

Only we’re committed to a terrible QB for at least another year. So we won’t be good next year either. Raiders live to blow money on bums, especially ex Pats. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He absolutely had to go. Carr long wore out his welcome with the Raiders, regardless of whether we’d be better this year with him under Center (which we would, undoubtedly).

But JM/DZ have botched the replacement so badly that it will hopefully… no, surely cost them their jobs.

I just don’t trust them to try and find another guy who can maybe run Josh’s offense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Only we’re committed to a terrible QB for at least another year. So we won’t be good next year either. Raiders live to blow money on bums, especially ex Pats. 

We're not if they move off this regime. Responsible for the money, but a new regime doesn't have to play him or even roster him if they choose. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

We're not if they move off this regime. Responsible for the money, but a new regime doesn't have to play him or even roster him if they choose. 

Same ****, we’re constantly blowing cap on guys who don’t contribute. Can’t go after guys like Hargrave because we got 40mil in dead cap. It’s irritating. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

were at 47 mil in dead cap this season. If we decide to move on from JImmy, Hoyer and Renfrow well be at about 47 in dead cap next year too. lmao 

Eating 47M in dead cap to sign guys you cut the following off-season that also results in 47M in dead cap....

ziegler-dave-ziegler.gif

• Like 1