Week 8 GDT: Do We Ask Josh For An Encore or Tell Him To Lose Yourself?

ronjon1990

Result?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Result?

• Do we Capture It?
    • Or Just Let It Slip?
    • There's vomit on my sweater already

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2023 at 04:00 AM

11 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I can’t believe how bad Jimmy is. Actually, no, I can believe it. I can’t believe we f***in signed him. You’re already on the hot seat McDaniels and you think Jimmy saves your job!? What were you thinking? Could have traded up for Richardson. Could have signed Baker or Minshew for 1/5 of the price. I think Baker and Minshew are both STRAIGHT UP better than Jimmy. 

Could have actually traded down and got Levis 😂

9 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Talking draft prospects is futile when we have the current regime is still employed.

Perhaps, but even guys like Trevor Lawrence can get drafted, be on a poorly coached team and turn it around when the right guys come in. It's why a lot of us really wanted a shot at one of the top 2 prospects this year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Defense is absolutely gassed, any defense would be. Crazy how bad the offense is, I don't think anyone who thought Jimmy was bad would be this bad. 7 points? FOH

And that 7 points was all Jacobs 🤪

Its literally just a bad joke at this stage

• Like 1

No words. I feel for JMD because the offense could work if he didn't absolutely fumble the QB position. 

Did all the injuries get to Jimmy? He used to look poise in the pocket. Now he's got happy feet and his eyes are not down field. I never thought Jimmy was a good QB, but serviceable. He's downright cooked now. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

No words. I feel for JMD because the offense could work if he didn't absolutely fumble the QB position. 

Did all the injuries get to Jimmy? He used to look poise in the pocket. Now he's got happy feet and his eyes are not down field. I never thought Jimmy was a good QB, but serviceable. He's downright cooked now. 

This looks like the case. All the injuries has him Spooked in the pocket looking at the pass rush

His arm is completely shot too. Never known for a great arm but it wasn’t this bad. He looks like a QB who lost his mojo. He’s gonna be a high priced backup until he retires 

12 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Jimmy is unplayable imo. You can’t look the other 52 men in the eye and tell them he gives them the best chance to win after last night. Go with the unknown and see what the kid has, the ex Pats are dog ****. 

I saw during the Pittsburgh game he wasn’t playable but the team stuck with him. O’Connell should have been named the starter after that game

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Once again an average fans take on Jimmy G.  The guy was playing with an all star cast in SF and an elite D nearly every year of his career.  He comes here, has a terrible D, is always playing from behind and has to play catch up where they abandon the run game early.  The D coordinators are making Jimmy G beat him and he can't.  Also just like I predicted his terrible QB play is killing Jacobs and Adams value.

This is exactly what I said would happen and no I don't have a crystal ball.  It's common sense. 

Just like I said JM moving on from Carr with no backup plan in place is a one way ticket to unemployment.  The move made no sense and lacked logic especially when you consider how he turned Carr into a liability.  Now here we are with one of the most pathetic on the field products in the NFL which is what the "anyone but Carr" crowd was begging for.  

It's a sad situation for fans but quite predictable to those who looked at the situation logically. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again an average fans take on Jimmy G.  The guy was playing with an all star cast in SF and an elite D nearly every year of his career.  He comes here, has a terrible D, is always playing from behind and has to play catch up where they abandon the run game early.  The D coordinators are making Jimmy G beat him and he can't.  Also just like I predicted his terrible QB play is killing Jacobs and Adams value.

This is exactly what I said would happen and no I don't have a crystal ball.  It's common sense. 

Just like I said JM moving on from Carr with no backup plan in place is a one way ticket to unemployment.  The move made no sense and lacked logic especially when you consider how he turned Carr into a liability.  Now here we are with one of the most pathetic on the field products in the NFL which is what the "anyone but Carr" crowd was begging for.  

It's a sad situation for fans but quite predictable to those who looked at the situation logically. 

On 10/17/2023 at 3:20 PM, raidr4life said:

We won't see Frankie until the Raiders go on a losing streak or the Saints go on a winning streak.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I saw during the Pittsburgh game he wasn’t playable but the team stuck with him. O’Connell should have been named the starter after that game

The funny thing is I know why he didn't do it: it would be admitting that they're not gonna do anything this season & he needs to win games to keep the seat cold. The thing I don't understand is why he bashes a rookie quarterback that he drafted. That can't be good for the kids confidence

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So if he was this bad in SF, why didn't defenses stack the box and commit to stopping their run game? Jimmy still made the throws and moved the offense. He was a game manager in SF and what I expect here. But he's fallen off being even a game manager at this stage. 

I don't disagree. I wanted nothing to do with Jimmy G. Getting rid of Carr should have be a pre-cursor to a rebuild. 

And as bad as this sucks, I'm happy to be done with Carr. There is finally clarity that the team can see they need to make moves to secure a franchise QB vs. committing to average year after year with Carr. 

• Like 2