Most Embarrassing Loss of the McDaniels Era?

TLO

23 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good news is the gap between pick 3 and 19 is 1 win. Another bad week and we're back in the tanking race. Especially if carolina/arizona can win a couple.

Not to mention we had our easy part of the schedule already.

We still have to play:

@Detroit, NY Giants, NY Jets, @Miami, KC, Minnesota, Chargers, @KC, @Indy, Denver 

We really only have a chance on paper to beat NY Jets and Giants, Denver, Indy. I think we win at most 2 more games, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it’s 0 or 1.  

Carolina ain’t keeping their pick so they’re motivated to win.  It’d look like a bad trade for Bryce Young if it cost them the pick That could have been Caleb Williams.  I could see them winning 3 games, and if they do we at the moment have a big lead in SOS.  

is Kyler coming back soon for Arizona.  He’ll be motivated to play well enough to keep his job which would mean picking 3rd or 4th at least.

Denver could get 2 wins as they to play Cleveland, Houston, NE, Chargers 2x, and us.

If you look At recent history of wins for the worst teams (and highest drafting):

2023: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s: 2

2022: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s: 3

2021: 1W’s: 1, 2W’s: 2, 4W’s: 4
2020: 2W’s: 1, 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 1

2019: 3W’s: 1, 4W’s: 3, 5W’s: 3

2018: 0W’s: 1, 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 2

2017: 1W’s: 1, 2W’s: 1, 3W’s: 2
2016: 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 2, 5W’s: 3

2015: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 2

2014: 2W’s: 1, 3W’s: 1, 4W’s: 5

2013: 2W’s: 2, 4W’s: 3
2012: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s:1, 4W’s: 2

So if we are a 3-4 win team, it’s likely based upon recent history we are picking in the top 5.

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

You think we’re gonna lose 11 straight games? God bless your optimism 

That’s a disingenuous comment based upon the fact I had stated “I think we win at most 2 more games, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it’s 0 or 1.” In the post you’re commenting on.  
So no, I don’t think we lose 11 straight game, but it’s possible based upon the fact we played so poorly last week, the locker room is turning on JMD very heavily, etc etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a disingenuous comment based upon the fact I had stated “I think we win at most 2 more games, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it’s 0 or 1.” In the post you’re commenting on.  
So no, I don’t think we lose 11 straight game, but it’s possible based upon the fact we played so poorly last week, the locker room is turning on JMD very heavily, etc etc.

That’s just as likely as us winning 5-7 more. Anything is possible in the NFL. We could beat Detroit next week. Just don’t see the bottom falling out yet

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

That’s just as likely as us winning 5-7 more. Anything is possible in the NFL. We could beat Detroit next week. Just don’t see the bottom falling out yet

Anything is possible, sure.  Hence I use words such as “I think, I could see, IF, only have a chance ON PAPER”, etc.  at no time did take  any opinions and make them a statement of fact.  I hate it when people (especially at draft and FA time) give their opinions as a statement of fact.  Am I perfect?: No.  but it’s rare I slip up on this issue.

nonetheless, I think the teams turned on JMD already.  That’s why I don’t see us likely to win more than 2 games.  With each loss it’ll only get worse.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Anything is possible, sure.  Hence I use words such as “I think, I could see, IF, only have a chance ON PAPER”, etc.  at no time did take  any opinions and make them a statement of fact.  I hate it when people (especially at draft and FA time) give their opinions as a statement of fact.  Am I perfect?: No.  but it’s rare I slip up on this issue.

nonetheless, I think the teams turned on JMD already.  That’s why I don’t see us likely to win more than 2 games.  With each loss it’ll only get worse.

I think we could win roughly 3.  One of the NY teams, Denver, and some random team where we shouldn't win but somehow pull it off for no freaking reason.  We end up 6-11 and with the 11th pick in the draft.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:49 PM, Jerry said:

I think we could win roughly 3.  One of the NY teams, Denver, and some random team where we shouldn't win but somehow pull it off for no freaking reason.  We end up 6-11 and with the 11th pick in the draft.

That was my original prediction so I guess I should stick with it.  Hard to see 3 more wins with what we have left though.  Giants and Broncos are our best bets at wins.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 8:34 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Not to mention we had our easy part of the schedule already.

We still have to play:

@Detroit, NY Giants, NY Jets, @Miami, KC, Minnesota, Chargers, @KC, @Indy, Denver 

We really only have a chance on paper to beat NY Jets and Giants, Denver, Indy. I think we win at most 2 more games, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it’s 0 or 1.  

Carolina ain’t keeping their pick so they’re motivated to win.  It’d look like a bad trade for Bryce Young if it cost them the pick That could have been Caleb Williams.  I could see them winning 3 games, and if they do we at the moment have a big lead in SOS.  

is Kyler coming back soon for Arizona.  He’ll be motivated to play well enough to keep his job which would mean picking 3rd or 4th at least.

Denver could get 2 wins as they to play Cleveland, Houston, NE, Chargers 2x, and us.

If you look At recent history of wins for the worst teams (and highest drafting):

2023: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s: 2

2022: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s: 3

2021: 1W’s: 1, 2W’s: 2, 4W’s: 4
2020: 2W’s: 1, 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 1

2019: 3W’s: 1, 4W’s: 3, 5W’s: 3

2018: 0W’s: 1, 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 2

2017: 1W’s: 1, 2W’s: 1, 3W’s: 2
2016: 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 2, 5W’s: 3

2015: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s: 2, 4W’s: 2

2014: 2W’s: 1, 3W’s: 1, 4W’s: 5

2013: 2W’s: 2, 4W’s: 3
2012: 2W’s: 2, 3W’s:1, 4W’s: 2

So if we are a 3-4 win team, it’s likely based upon recent history we are picking in the top 5.

If Daniel Jones comes back we can beat the giants

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Lol

No we can't. We'd be the game that would have people back to justifying his contract. 

I mean, just look at what the Bears did to us with a nobody at QB.  Our defense is a fraud.  Our team is the worst 3-win team in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I mean, just look at what the Bears did to us with a nobody at QB.  Our defense is a fraud.  Our team is the worst 3-win team in the NFL.

Probably the worst team period. 

We got some lucky bounces. We haven't really beat anyone in a convincing manner. Turds battling turds. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 10:39 PM, TLO said:

This is a tough question. We have:

- Losing to the Jeff Saturday Colts.

- Choking against Baker Mayfield who’d been a member of the Rams for about 30 seconds. 

- Today against the Bears. 

- Not getting beyond midfield against the Saints

- Any of the other massive collapses last season.

The amount of legitimate choices in 1.5 seasons is laughable to say the least, and these types of losses coupled with his history are really why McDaniels doesn’t deserve much patience. 

This is a tough one for me. I ultimately lean towards the choke job against the Rams, but I saw that in person, so it colors my judgment here. What say you?

I'll say any of them with Derek Carr who's supposed to be a superstar, elite player as @ronjon1990 always preached.