Most Embarrassing Loss of the McDaniels Era?

TLO

This is a tough question. We have:

- Losing to the Jeff Saturday Colts.

- Choking against Baker Mayfield who’d been a member of the Rams for about 30 seconds. 

- Today against the Bears. 

- Not getting beyond midfield against the Saints

- Any of the other massive collapses last season.

The amount of legitimate choices in 1.5 seasons is laughable to say the least, and these types of losses coupled with his history are really why McDaniels doesn’t deserve much patience. 

This is a tough one for me. I ultimately lean towards the choke job against the Rams, but I saw that in person, so it colors my judgment here. What say you?

Edited by TLO

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good news is the gap between pick 3 and 19 is 1 win. Another bad week and we're back in the tanking race. Especially if carolina/arizona can win a couple.

This team is not actively trying to tank, and are not even remotely close to good enough to go on a deep playoff run. This team has zero direction and just “floating” with no purpose or identity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Bears loss is the worst. 

Colts loss, Rams loss....... brutal. But this loss, you're now 24 games in, you handpicked these players and it's a mess. They look undisciplined and unprepared.

Jmd climbing your list for worst ever hc of raiders yet?

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Bears loss is the worst. 

Colts loss, Rams loss....... brutal. But this loss, you're now 24 games in, you handpicked these players and it's a mess. They look undisciplined and unprepared.

Agreed.

Maybe slight recency bias in play, but yesterday was one of the worst I can ever remember. Seriously, EVER.

Some DII rookie strolling about the pocket like a seasoned vet, random nobodies at RB running through tackles repeatedly, gutless offensive playcalling when down numerous scores. Just generally outplayed and outcoached by a guy with a 4-19 HC record.

This isn’t a new team settling in. This is it. This is the product of two offseasons’ worth of roster building and coaching, and it’s completely unacceptable.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Agreed.

Maybe slight recency bias in play, but yesterday was one of the worst I can ever remember. Seriously, EVER.

Some DII rookie strolling about the pocket like a seasoned vet, random nobodies at RB running through tackles repeatedly, gutless offensive playcalling when down numerous scores. Just generally outplayed and outcoached by a guy with a 4-19 HC record.

This isn’t a new team settling in. This is it. This is the product of two offseasons’ worth of roster building and coaching, and it’s completely unacceptable.

Exactly and the wins haven’t been convincing, they barely beat 3 teams that are bad. I’d be more on their side if the offense was top 5 or even top 10 and they lost because of the defense but goodness these guys can’t move the ball. 

• Like 1

Watching This team is like playing Russian roulette where there’s a bullet in every other chamber. You never really know how the team is going to lose just that they will. Will the offense only score like 15 points? Will the defense get ran over by a backup? Who knows?!