The MVP race

Steelersfan43

Yeah it's Lamar now. He's the clubhouse leader and nobody can make up ground on him in week 18. Obviously Dak and Allen could have huge games to seal the no.2 seed in their respective conferences, but Lamar's play in the past two games while absolutely crushing the no.1 seed in the other conference along with no.2 seed in their own conference at the time seals it. He's the most valuable player of the best team and QB of the team with the 2nd most points in the league. Yes the defense is exceptional, but so is he. 

While the numbers aren't exceptional, he does pass the eye test. I don't think you can look back at his year, especially after the past few weeks, and say he's not a worthy winner. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think the last two weeks has pretty much cemented this one.

That’s just it, though.. Lamar wasn’t even really a consideration as a favorite to win it and then the narrative totally flipped over two games at the end of the season. This league is way too “what have you done for me lately”. Dak had one poor game against the Bills, Purdy had one poor game against the Ravens, and both have been largely dismissed ever since. It’s somewhat frustrating that all NFL fans care about is what just happened, and they become victims of the moment. Lamar is the run away favorite now after one game of stellar production when that production was far from his norm and other QBs have been just as strong in their own way. If Lamar doesn’t play next week, his performance to end the season will be the 5 TD destruction of Miami, and that game alone takes him from consideration to being the apparent clear cut favorite. Just think people are being victims of the moment to some extent with other candidates falling off the face of the Earth over Lamar having one particularly great game.

Edited by NoFlyZone

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Honestly outside of him throwing for 500 yards and 8 TD's, there's nothing he can do to win it next week. Lamar isn't going to play next week so this is how his season ends, and he just absolutely obliterated 2 of the best teams in the NFL and outdueled 2 other MVP candidates back to back.

Dak can't touch that. 2nd place is nice, though.

Especially when Dak himself lost to both those teams Lamar just destroyed. 

Kudos to Lamar 🥃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Especially when Dak himself lost to both those teams Lamar just destroyed. 

Kudos to Lamar 🥃

Ah yes the one man teams in the two game season. This isn’t reasonable analysis.

23 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

No, I don’t. I don’t personally attack people over a football opinion. Do I defend myself on a forum where pro-Dallas opinions are not welcome? Definitely.. though it’s really, realllly not worth the time when no one converses in good faith and think they’re right just by saying “lololol u r dum”. 

Bro, I say this as a bystander more often than not when it comes to anything Cowboys related: you’re super insecure about anyone disagreeing with you about Dak/Dallas, you over-exaggerate people’s responses as personal attacks and idiotic statements (such as saying the only thing anyone but you brings to the table is “lol u r dum”), and you take every opportunity to jump into victim mode about how either Dak’s getting ignored or “if Dallas did this, everyone would be jumping all over it”. Constantly talk about how bad NFL Gen is, how no one else has intelligent conversations, but you still find your self posting in it all week. C’mon.

[incoming statement about how you’re just posting and everyone else attacked you, and everyone else brings no analysis, and everyone else is wrong]

Edited by Soko
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

how you perform against other top teams is definitely one variable voters use to measure MVP candidates.

I'm a Lamar voter at the moment, so bear with me, but I never liked this logic. 

Why is it okay to be bad against bad teams and not okay to do poorly vs good teams? Shouldn't it be the other way around? 

I'd rather be like "Well Baltimore has a really great defense so it makes sense our QB played bad" than "My QB isn't consistent and can lose to anyone".

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I'm a Lamar voter at the moment, so bear with me, but I never liked this logic. 

Why is it okay to be bad against bad teams and not okay to do poorly vs good teams? Shouldn't it be the other way around? 

I'd rather be like "Well Baltimore has a really great defense so it makes sense our QB played bad" than "My QB isn't consistent and can lose to anyone".

I guess more accurately - how you perform against common opponents is definitely weighted when considering who is an MVP and who is not, especially if you have two dueling candidates (hypothetically, because I don't think Lamar vs. Dak is even a conversation at this point) with two very good defenses.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Soko said:

Bro, I say this as a bystander more often than not when it comes to anything Cowboys related: you’re super insecure about anyone disagreeing with you about Dak/Dallas, you over-exaggerate people’s responses as personal attacks and idiotic statements (such as saying the only thing anyone but you brings to the table is “lol u r dum”), and you take every opportunity to jump into victim mode about how either Dak’s getting ignored or “if Dallas did this, everyone would be jumping all over it”. Constantly talk about how bad NFL Gen is, how no one else has intelligent conversations, but you still find your self posting in it all week. C’mon.

[incoming statement about how you’re just posting and everyone else attacked you, and everyone else brings no analysis, and everyone else is wrong]

Because I’m not wrong. Meanwhile, of course you’ve managed to misunderstand what I’ve been saying here. 100% of my posting has been about Lamar because of backlash from merely mentioning Dak. I haven’t been bemoaning the fact that Dak isn’t getting mentioned. You say I’m exaggerating, but I’m not. I get replies simply laughing at my opinion, and more than one person simply said that the opinion was done. I never get conversations of substance. Thank you for your disingenuous assessment of my posting.. totally not a waste of your time lol. I’m totally reasonable to anyone halfway capable of holding a conversation without acting like a snide pos. I simply give the same energy if I feel like it.

There is a reason why you see zero Dallas fans in gen. Our sub forum posters hate meandering here for a reason.

Edited by NoFlyZone

21 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Because I’m not wrong. Meanwhile, of course you’ve managed to misunderstand what I’ve been saying here. 100% of my posting has been about Lamar because of backlash from merely mentioning Dak. I haven’t been bemoaning the fact that Dak isn’t getting mentioned. You say I’m exaggerating, but I’m not. I get replies simply laughing at my opinion, and more than one person simply said that the opinion was done. I never get conversations of substance. Thank you for your disingenuous assessment of my posting.. totally not a waste of your time lol. I’m totally reasonable to anyone halfway capable of holding a conversation without acting like a snide pos. I simply give the same energy if I feel like it.

55 minutes ago, Soko said:

Pats on back for me. 

You’re right, trying to talk to you and perhaps give you a different perspective on why you perceive yourself to be such a victim, has certainly been a waste of time. Keep the insecurity, no skin off my bones. I was just trying to help.

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

Pats on back for me. 

You’re right, trying to talk to you and perhaps give you a different perspective on why you perceive yourself to be such a victim, has certainly been a waste of time. Keep the insecurity, no skin off my bones. I was just trying to help.

Lol it is ALWAYS someone else not understanding what he is saying, or taking it out of context, or being stupid. Always. It is never his fault. He is simply a troll but half entertaining sometimes.

19 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Lol it is ALWAYS someone else not understanding what he is saying, or taking it out of context, or being stupid. Always. It is never his fault. He is simply a troll but half entertaining sometimes.

Well, he was right. I was wasting my time. Shrug. 

Anywho - gotta be Lamar at this point. 

29 minutes ago, Soko said:

Well, he was right. I was wasting my time. Shrug. 

Anywho - gotta be Lamar at this point. 

I only see is nonsensical drivel when you all unfortunately quite him. 

Sad really that portion isn't part of the ignored button too? 🤷‍♂️