The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Why even post this? 

Bc you have proven time and time and time and time again that you don't get it and you're dismissing/downplaying everything bc of bias. I can't compete with that. No one can. Rational discussion is gone as a result of your bias

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This thread was way more fun before certain people joined the conversation and the gifs and unity went away. Now we just have nonsensical arguments that nobody outside of Michigan believes. Even the other Michigan fans have been rational here. 

He's the typical Twitter Michigan fan. Typically easy to ignore but temptation wins at times. Those here prior are absolutely being levelheaded and rational about this. 

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Bc you have proven time and time and time and time again that you don't get it and you're dismissing/downplaying everything bc of bias. I can't compete with that. No one can. Rational discussion is gone as a result of your bias

I’m a Michigan fan, I’m biased no doubt. All of these buckeye fans are equally biased. You are wrong in your assessment however. Your dismissing rational arguments because I’m bias. Your not offering any rebuttal to the arguments but rather trying to attack the character of the messenger. I tell tale sign of someone who’s either wrong or can’t form an argument. When you can’t acknowledge that Michigans defense against Ohio improved significantly due to the firing of Don Brown and hiring of Minter/ McDonald then all rational discussion has gone out the window. 

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This thread was way more fun before certain people joined the conversation and the gifs and unity went away. Now we just have nonsensical arguments that nobody outside of Michigan believes. Even the other Michigan fans have been rational here. 

Modern times in a nutshell.  You mean you enjoyed this thread more when it was a safe space bias confirming thought bubble? I’m not trolling this isn’t an OSU msg board.  I’m sorry that I love and follow the game and prefer discussion over 1 liners. 

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

. When you can’t acknowledge that Michigans defense against Ohio improved significantly due to the firing of Don Brown and hiring of Minter/ McDonald then all rational discussion has gone out the window. 

See! You STILL don't get it. This is why you get mocked. It's been spelled out to you over and over and over again but you still don't get it. Sorry

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Gotta love the "hey, no one rush the QB defense. Not one of you". Not according to some, this isn't a big deal

Lol did u even watch the play? For one 3 guys are rushing up the middle. Paye a DE!!is lined up inside the tackle and is rushing. Mazi  runs straight up the field. Second, Ross (12) the mlb takes 2 steps in the wrong direction.  The safety doesn’t come down to the screen and actually plays to the opposite side than the screen. The wr’s start blocking as soon as the ball is snapped. Ojabo follows his man out and makes the solo tackle, he’s the only one there to make the tackle.  

2 minutes ago, Sad People said:

As someone who doesnt have a dog in this fight he hypocrisy from OSU fans is kinda funny.

Similarly, the hypocrisy from Michigan fans is hilarious.

As someone who hates both schools, this is the funniest scandal since Pole Assassin's emotional support monkey bit that kid trick-or-treating on Halloween.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm not a fan of Michigan or OSU, but you sir are delusional, and need to finish up your homework before school on Monday. 

Do you think Ozzy is delusional? 

I don’t know the guy but you all seem to respect his opinion and despite him basically saying he similarly doesn’t believe it’s a big deal or has much do with Michigans success are completely staying away from responding to him.  

your a Nebraska fan if I remember? Could be wrong it’s been along time. 

Im not even sure what most of these guys arguments actually are other than “Michigan cheat, Michigan bad”. Do you honestly believe sign stealing isn’t highly prevalent in college football? Are you aware it’s not against the rules? Obviously the CMU sideline in person scouting is against the rules but also just ridiculously stupid. What is gained from that that couldn’t be gained from the stands? That’s confusing 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Similarly, the hypocrisy from Michigan fans is hilarious.

As someone who hates both schools, this is the funniest scandal since Pole Assassin's emotion support monkey bit that kid trick-or-treating on Halloween.

I havent done much research other than a few peoples takes on it in the national media and it does seem that its been blown outta proportion, but maybe thats because i dont have a dog in the fight like i said. It sounds like damn near every college team does it to some extent, its just that Michigan got caught.

As @Ozzy said the games still have to be played and Michigan is dismantling teams. To me he brought up good points but seemed to of gotten completely ignored in this thread.