The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

14 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Is there really a competitive advantage if both teams have each other signals?  Minor rules violation but there was no competitive advantage when other teams are giving each other spread sheets and sharing Michigan signs and hand signals.  I know though it’s hard to adjust to new information once you’ve dug in.

So punish them both? Both parties had "minor" rules violations and should be punished. 

20 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

im here to talk about football. You are always talking about me. 

No, that is about football. You're trying to compare 3 completely different scenarios and suggest everything is the same. That's not the case. Put the victim card back in your pocket.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So punish them both? Both parties had "minor" rules violations and should be punished. 

That’s fine. Minor rules violations carry minor penalties. 

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No, that is about football. You're trying to compare 3 completely different scenarios and suggest everything is the same. That's not the case. Put the victim card back in your pocket.

I don’t believe I brought up the tunnel incident though I could be wrong. As far as UGA they may be different in nature but we are still talking about the same basic principle as you alluded to yesterday rule 1111111 or whatever.  If you want to hold an entire program or HC responsible for the actions of everything that happens under his watch I don’t see how the UGA situation isnt applicable 

Edited by BigC421/

46 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

That’s fine. Minor rules violations carry minor penalties. 

I don’t believe I brought up the tunnel incident though I could be wrong. As far as UGA they may be different in nature but we are still talking about the same basic principle as you alluded to yesterday rule 1111111 or whatever.  If you want to hold an entire program or HC responsible for the actions of everything that happens under his watch I don’t see how the UGA situation isnt applicable 

One is an intentional act to compromise the integrity of the sport and one is an accident.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Love that we are counting the Covid year with no game since Michigan dodged OSU and subsequent 700+ days in that streak.  

I actually agree with you it’s just a funny rivalry thing. Obviously sounds a lot cooler than the last 2 games ( Michigan did have 20+ positive Covid tests and missed games due the Covid outbreak as many teams did, no one was ducking. Non the less it would have been a slaughter) But as one of your cohorts likes to say when telling half a story and leaving out any information that doesn’t fit his narrative spin “ I’m just stating facts man” 1438

31 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

One is an intentional act to compromise the integrity of the sport and one is an accident.

An accident? Drag racing at speeds over 100mph while intoxicated on public roads is not an accident and the results are predictable. Given that it was a wide spread cultural issue one might concur they were inevitable. 

So if Illinois coach gathers information in person against Michigan including sign and hand signal stealing and then gives this information to Purdue is Illinois not acting as an in person 3rd party scout for Purdue?  The competitive advantage and integrity of the sport angle has been dismantled 

Edited by BigC421/

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

An accident? Drag racing at speeds over 100mph while intoxicated is not an accident and the results are predictable.

This is why no one is taking you seriously. People drag race and live all the time. Just stop lying in order to fuel your ridiculous bias.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Somehow we have now landed on virtue signaling from the Michigan side of things.

if you are going to defend Michigan and play the lack of evidence card, just play it all the way and don’t pretend to care about morality here.

I brought it up directly comparing the two from a some what lack of institutional control argument.  I can’t help it that others actually thought it was good idea to go the morality and integrity route. 

Edited by BigC421/

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

I brought it up directly comparing the two from a some what lack of institutional control argument.  I can’t help it that others actually thought it was good idea to go the morality and integrity route. 

You are saying that something is disgusting for a human being to say.

You have spent the last week doing damage control for clearly immoral behavior. Your best justification is bringing up other situations that don’t look good.

Seems you are selective in your sense of caring about ethics. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I honestly have no idea what this means? I shouldn’t respond is that what your asserting? Or is it that this is only aloud to be a one sided debate? Im actually asking for clarification. 

Yeah there is a monumental difference. The fact you think a competitive advantage is worse than continuously engaging in hazardous activities that endanger the lives of players, staff and the public and killed 2 people is pretty special.  Everyone seemed to know this was a thing going on in the UGA program so safe to assume Smart did as well and many rumors it’s still going on.  

Is there really a competitive advantage if both teams have each other signals?  Minor rules violation but there was no competitive advantage when other teams are giving each other spread sheets and sharing Michigan signs and hand signals.  I know though it’s hard to adjust to new information once you’ve dug in.  

im here to talk about football. You are always talking about me. 

Yeah you are lost on this one. Can’t debate a rock. Enjoy

• Like 3