The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

47 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

So I guess we are all hypocrites?  Now you guys all care about evidence? Lol this place has some serious group think issues.. Can’t help but notice your mouthpiece Thamel has suddenly gone MIA , wonder what that’s about.  

You better hope the Big10 comes to its senses. This won’t end well fort OSU I’ll leave it that. FAAFO

It doesnt matter if other team have signs. Thats not whats in question, what is in question is HOW those signs were acquired.  Which is why the 'But everyone does it' doensnt carry any weight. If Rutgers has a guy on their sideline that stares across the field the entire game taking notes on signs and sees patterns they develop--thats legal. You can develop that over the course of 2-3 years playing the same teams with the same coaching staffs and have a master sheet of signs for each team you play.

However, sending a staffer to video record 30+ games in different conferences of your opponents when your team isnt playing is, in fact, against the NCAA rules. Thats what they are under investigation for. HOW they have the signs, not that they have the signs.

Random Note: A large group of B1G coaches have been pointing at UM for doing this for years because it is a violation. If all of them were doing the same thing 1) Why is UM the only ones who have ever gotten caught and 2) Why would they bring attention to UM doing it if they know their own team does it and put their team in the crossfire to get punished?

Im sure a lot of NCAA teams DO have signs and sheets for other teams, but they got them within the rules and guidelines or none of these other B1G coaches would have called UM out.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 4

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I mean, how oh how could he afford all those tickets and air fare if he wasn't selling to all sides as a "lone wolf"

A very valid point. He also lives in a $450k house. If he were accepting cash from entire B1G, I can finally see how he could afford that on his low level salary. Dude was playing 4D chess the entire damn time!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

It doesnt matter if other team have signs. Thats not whats in question, what is in question is HOW those signs were acquired.  Which is why the 'But everyone does it' doensnt carry any weight. If Rutgers has a guy on their sideline that stares across the field the entire game taking notes on signs and sees patterns they develop--thats legal. You can develop that over the course of 2-3 years playing the same teams with the same coaching staffs and have a master sheet of signs for each team you play.

However, sending a staffer to video record 30+ games in different conferences of your opponents when your team isnt playing is, in fact, against the NCAA rules. Thats what they are under investigation for. HOW they have the signs, not that they have the signs.

Random Note: A large group of B1G coaches have been pointing at UM for doing this for years because it is a violation. If all of them were doing the same thing 1) Why is UM the only ones who have ever gotten caught and 2) Why would they bring attention to UM doing it if they know their own team does it and put their team in the crossfire to get punished?

Just post this over and over and over. Maybe he'll get it. Not optimistic but crazier things have happened

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, adamq said:

Have they found out who the guy in sunglasses was on Central Michigan's sideline?

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

CMU "hasn't", which is why virtually everyone is convinced it was Stallions.

Kind of surprised that a former Harbaugh assistant and now CMU HC receiving unsolicited help against a hated opponent and former rival would be unable to figure this out. Almost like it’s intentional.

In other news, OJ is still searching for Nicole’s real killer.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

My time at fort OSU was one of great suffrage. The blistering cold morrows were full of scorn and bitterness for several fortnights. We begrudgingly carried on through theft of our greatest enemies communication toward a bitter war end that would claim the souls of several of my comrades. 

24 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Carry on my brothers. Fight the good fight. Do not be discouraged on this day for a brighter dawn is upon us. Fort OSU shall remain vigilant in the fight for justice. 

-Signed Colonel Scoundrel

I would like to formally request that keep your posting and comments focused on the topic of discussion rather than attempting to insult me 

Again  /s 

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I would like to formally request that keep your posting and comments focused on the topic of discussion rather than attempting to insult me 

Again  /s 

I am not insulting you at all. If you feel insulted that is a reflection on you and not me. Carry on

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just post this over and over and over. Maybe he'll get it. Not optimistic but crazier things have happened

Opposing player!!! This rule is clearly under the in game section of the rules a specifically notes that it only applies to the 2 teams playing in said game.  

Using a 3rd party to in game scout for you is a grey area in the rule book.   Using some random guy in the stands or using coach from another school is all the same. It’s a 3rd party giving you in game scouting. It’s either against the rules or it’s not.  There is no rule against obtaining video of a future opponent 

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I am not insulting you at all. If you feel insulted that is a reflection on you and not me. Carry on

You can’t even own what your doing ? I wasn’t even being serious hence the /s but your clearly going out of your way to insult me multiple times with posts that don’t address the topic at all.  Your a mod FFS

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

You can’t even own what your doing ? I wasn’t even being serious hence the /s but your clearly going out of your way to insult me multiple times with posts that don’t address the topic at all.  Your a mod FFS

Please watch your language even in abbreviated form. Thank you for following forum rules.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

LOL No way...... Did his family really try to muddy the waters? That would be hilarious and on par w/ everything so far. Granted Finkes played for OSU so taking this w/ a grain of salt but still would be hilarious.

Like I have been saying, they got caught red-handed and only defense is to try to deflect and draw attention elsewhere. It’s become funnier the more UM digs a hole.

• Like 3