The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Sounds like there was more information that was produced and Michigan caved today. The NCAA investigation is going to be ugly.

Is there a source on new evidence coming out? I'm wondering if Michigan did the math and figured it was better damage control to serve the suspension with evidence not presented in the public.

They sure did huff and puff though.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is there a source on new evidence coming out? I'm wondering if Michigan did the math and figured it was better damage control to serve the suspension with evidence not presented in the public.

They sure did huff and puff though.

One of the UM insiders started spreading the bad news more had been found which was already suspected basically. Basically, the insinuation has been that there is proof connecting one of the coaches to everything. Speculation basically on who the coach is based on him deleting his Twitter. So no public information or anything, just things people in the know are aware of and speculation from the outside on what’s going on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

One of the UM insiders started spreading the bad news more had been found which was already suspected basically. Basically, the insinuation has been that there is proof connecting one of the coaches to everything. Speculation basically on who the coach is based on him deleting his Twitter. So no public information or anything, just things people in the know are aware of and speculation from the outside on what’s going on.

Ahh maybe that explains why the B1G statement doesn't include anything about stopping the investigation or clearing Harbaugh:

33 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Sounds like there was more information that was produced and Michigan caved today. The NCAA investigation is going to be ugly.

Think Jim is being overconfident that UM can win without him. 

NCAA will turn up more than Big Ten regardless but UM could have won this argument for him to coach now.

I think what this is honestly is UM and Harbaugh trying to have a leg later to stand on and say the wins and whatever hopes of Big Ten Title or NC Title should not be vacated for this season because i did not coach x number of games.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

They want out of the court of public opinion so they can finish out the season now as opposed to informing being presented publicly then having a real bad persona and fallout from the NCAA/CFP committee based off of that information being out there.

Just now, detfan782004 said:

Think Jim is being overconfident that UM can win without him. 

But they aren’t without him. He can coach and do everything else except for be there during the game itself, which IMO isn’t a big deal unless a complete moron is in charge of calling timeouts or fourth down/2 point decisions.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Speaking of tin foil.....

Wouldn't it be crazy if Weiss' computer crimes were linked to the recent sports gambling rumblings and he was betting on games using players NIL money similar to Stallions doing real estate for Corum.

I think that's what is currently being speculated. If they tried to tamper w/ Vegas, they're screwed

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

But they aren’t without him. He can coach and do everything else except for be there during the game itself, which IMO isn’t a big deal unless a complete moron is in charge of calling timeouts or fourth down/2 point decisions.

That is fine but during game those tough decisions I would prefer Harbaugh to make over interim coach so its a loss on sidelines regardless

Just now, detfan782004 said:

That is fine but during game those tough decisions I would prefer Harbaugh to make over interim coach so its a loss on sidelines regardless

Sure, it’s a slap on the wrist. If it was a 3 game suspension and he could do nothing else throughout the week it would be draconian.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Harbaugh has 100% created a massive spreadsheet with every humanly conceivable situation and resulting decision. No question.

I mean, our high school staff had this document on our team drive…guess who helped create it…? :) 

• Like 1

Side note, it's not uncommon for the target of a TRO to not present evidence to the contrary and just accept the TRO.

Usually because they are still gathering evidence and don't want to give up legal strategy for a hearing with a lowered standard of proof.  They'd rather wait a little when they have a better chance at winning a motion.

So I wouldn't give today too much weight either way.

• Like 2

Msg board rumor but apparently the the Wisconsin chancellor got involved and brokered the deal. I’ll just copy and paste

“Rumor has it the  Chancelor of Wisconsin played a big role in both parties coming to terms. 
Supposedly after a heated head of universities call yesterday. 
She is apparently a major bad ***.  Her background is in law, evidentiary law , athletics etc.
Apparently she made quite an impression on all involved. “

@ramssuperbowl99

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ahh maybe that explains why the B1G statement doesn't include anything about stopping the investigation or clearing Harbaugh:

“The conference has confirmed it is not aware of any information suggesting coach Harbaughs involvement in the allegations “ 

The big 10 agreed to close its investigation as part of the deal. This entire situation makes little sense. Wait and see I guess. Beat Ohio Go Blue 

Edited by BigC421/