2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Frankly, after bungling the Fields trade, if Caleb Williams isn't 6'2" by the time he's on the Bears' roster, Poles, Flus, and Warren should all be fired immediately and via snapchat. 

ha

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Pretty crazy for an Ohio State pro day.

I was trying to think earlier - this is a pretty quiet OSU class, no? They had a ton of guys go back to school this year. Only guys coming out off the top of my head are MHJ, Michael Hall, Eichenberg, and Stover?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

ha

Actually, not ha. Not ha at all! People are really arguing about this on twitter as being disqualifying.  Over an 1/8"!  3mm!  That's less than a spahetti!  That's the difference between him standing on a pebble or not.  That's a SOCK. 

This offseason has really brought me around to Bears fans being irritating imbeciles.  Bring on the AI cleanse. 

so the only way to watch USC pro day is NFL+ or wait until 7? why wouldn't the league network air it live instead of the 4th replay of good morning football or a week 8 game between AZ and SEA

on that note, anyone got a login to NFL+ or bootleg site that i can watch it when it happens

7 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Actually, not ha. Not ha at all! People are really arguing about this on twitter as being disqualifying.  Over an 1/8"!  3mm!  That's less than a spahetti!  That's the difference between him standing on a pebble or not.  That's a SOCK. 

As someone who was paying very close attention to Caleb's height, Im glad that Im not in this weird camp.

Hes about 6'1". And thats that in my eyes. 1/8 of an inch one way or the other is not even worth talking about.

Its just that time of the draft where people are bored and need to argue about something

59 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

People making a big deal of this on X.

Notice his hands are slightly bigger and he is a few pounds heavier as well.

All the measurements can be true on different days within those parameters.  You have muscles and a spine, etc.

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

As someone who was paying very close attention to Caleb's height, Im glad that Im not in this weird camp.

Hes about 6'1". And thats that in my eyes. 1/8 of an inch one way or the other is not even worth talking about.

Its just that time of the draft where people are bored and need to argue about something

I don't know if it's just boredom, it seems like people have gotten really really entrenched in their positions on the QB and are prepared to tear down the other option in a weird way that seems super self defeating.  There are times where I've realized it's in the Bears best interest to lose for draft position, but still can't really root against them on game day. To be actively hoping that the next QB, coming here on some truly unusual circumstances, is going to be BAD so you can be RIGHT is nuts to me.  We're reaching religious or political levels of fervor here and it's both annoying and concerning for the well being of society. Not kidding this is weird. 

6'0-7/8" is tall enough based on other QBs, and if you have his tape I'm not sure it's worth hanging up on.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

People making a big deal of this on X.

Notice his hands are slightly bigger and he is a few pounds heavier as well.

All the measurements can be true on different days within those parameters.  You have muscles and a spine, etc.

I can only think some people don't understand how it is communicated and think he is somehow 6-0" and not 6-0' 7/8" which honestly could just be the guy measuring him is different from the one at the combine...all in all Caleb is 6-1" and around 215lbs on any given day...plenty big.

3 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Wait he's FAT?  Why didn't anyone mention this.  Call Pittsburgh and get our guy back even if it costs both firsts!

Hopefully trading with Pittsburgh doesn't become Poles bane.   Seems to be 0-2 against them currently.