2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I can only think some people don't understand how it is communicated and think he is somehow 6-0" and not 6-0' 7/8" which honestly could just be the guy measuring him is different from the one at the combine...all in all Caleb is 6-1" and around 215lbs on any given day...plenty big.

Fractions are hard for Americans Mike.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Fractions are hard for Americans Mike.  

i think it's mostly how it's reported - 6007 is how they measure height with prospects and people think the 7 means like, centimeters above 6, not that it means 7/8 of an inch

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

As someone who was paying very close attention to Caleb's height, Im glad that Im not in this weird camp.

Hes about 6'1". And thats that in my eyes. 1/8 of an inch one way or the other is not even worth talking about.

Its just that time of the draft where people are bored and need to argue about something

I saw someone on twitter saying "people are comparing him to aaron rodgers who was 6'2" and 223, this guy is only an inch taller than bryce young!" not realizing: 1) the comparison is mostly regarding his playing style, and 2) that the difference is 1 inch and 6 lbs. 

i really do hate people

1 minute ago, refundmytickets said:

Is there any scenario where this affects his draft stock? He’s not participated in any pre-draft workouts?

He asked teams drafting in the top 10 during the combine if there was anything they needed to see from him at his pro day. they all said no. so he's training for actual football instead of a 40 yard dash or 3 cone drills

4 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

Is there any scenario where this affects his draft stock? He’s not participated in any pre-draft workouts?

It shouldn't do much at all to his stock at all...I would expect more of these elite prospects to start doing the same.

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Haahahaha,  I wonder if anyone else has figured out the Bears are probably drafting Caleb Williams?  Let's get Staley wheeling Virginia in, along with the staff of the Weiner Circle.  They can bring the Bean. 

Seriously.   I heard Kevin Warren went too. 

They probably quietly brought a few Arlington Height folks out to LA with them as well.  Put them up in a nice hotel, etc.