2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

2 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Notice how he says “he’s here for a 4th round pick” when referring to KA.  

This one is pretty shady reporting...

What he actually says is "now he's at the Bears, for like it says here a 4th round pick which is crazy" while pointing off to something the production crew are clearly showing Wyche for the question...

2:55 on the NFL interview clears it up.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Should we just make a Caleb Williams thread already?

As the man himself said a lot can change between now and the draft but something catastrophic would need to happen at this point for him not to be our pick...I get the impression this is starting to go the same was as Joe Burrow where it wouldn't matter what we were offered we are staying put and taking Caleb...simply put Poles & co couldn't survive if they trade down and he goes on to be a superstar and the QB we take is average or even good...the optics alone say we just need to take Caleb...

Another thing I would point out is Caleb and his team have possibly figured out how ever prospect should go through the pre-draft process...early on there were a ton of question marks around him, his dad's involvement, how his teammates view him, the crying and nail painting BS...it was all there early...

Today alone we hear Caleb passed on the combine but while he was there went and worked out with high school kids while learning all their names, we see his dad in the stands and from what I saw remaining in the stands and shaking hands with the likes of Poles & Flus but not getting involved...we see his teammates all gather round him at the pro day and any chance they have gotten to speak about him it's nothing but positive...he has personality but isn't going to say something stupid about coming here until he 100% knows that he is going too...

A lot of the off-field stuff has completely gone by this point. 

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Speaking of, where the heck is @Ty21?  I know he was taking a break from social media but hes missing the most exciting part about most Bears seasons.

I don't know.  I hope he is feeling okay. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

As the man himself said a lot can change between now and the draft but something catastrophic would need to happen at this point for him not to be our pick...I get the impression this is starting to go the same was as Joe Burrow where it wouldn't matter what we were offered we are staying put and taking Caleb...simply put Poles & co couldn't survive if they trade down and he goes on to be a superstar and the QB we take is average or even good...the optics alone say we just need to take Caleb...

Another thing I would point out is Caleb and his team have possibly figured out how ever prospect should go through the pre-draft process...early on there were a ton of question marks around him, his dad's involvement, how his teammates view him, the crying and nail painting BS...it was all there early...

Today alone we hear Caleb passed on the combine but while he was there went and worked out with high school kids while learning all their names, we see his dad in the stands and from what I saw remaining in the stands and shaking hands with the likes of Poles & Flus but not getting involved...we see his teammates all gather round him at the pro day and any chance they have gotten to speak about him it's nothing but positive...he has personality but isn't going to say something stupid about coming here until he 100% knows that he is going too...

A lot of the off-field stuff has completely gone by this point. 

I think this decision was actually made a long time ago like I said somewhere on here.  A long time ago.  

After that it was just is there any reason we can find not to do it.  Health, character, an insane offer from Washington to move up one spot, whatever.

If he robs a bank or something between now and draft - he is out.  Otherwise, welcome to the Bears.  

It's very interesting, there are all kinds of little things that Caleb and his camp are just doing differently. None of these are argumentative, none are red flags, none are actual problems. But I wonder if in a way they are not trying to create in teams they will deal with a sense of anticipation or anxiety, where you're always wondering if an ordinary step is going to be different in some way. Speaking specifically about them not having a visit to the Bears scheduled and not even committing to it in the interview. It seems like they're always doing something a little off. I wonder if that's something tactical.  

Not bringing this up as a negative, just saying times with Caleb might be different from expectations, and sometimes when you're setting new ground that can be awkward.