2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Respectfully, this may be the single most ridiculous thing that I have read on this forum. How does spending the most valuable pick in the draft on another QB show that we believe in JF as opposed to giving him and the team more talent elsewhere. This is simply nonsense. Respectfully.

Now I know that are older than me  ha ha 

🧶 

respectfully 

9 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

How does spending the most valuable pick in the draft on another QB show that we believe in JF as opposed to giving him and the team more talent elsewhere. This is simply nonsense. Respectfully.

FOR THE 10000th time, CW is NOT THE ONLY QB IN THIS DRAFT ! there are pickes after 1.1 respectfully

respectfully, JF is not a finished product. Everyone knows this. JF knows this. respectfully 

Keeping someone as opposed to casting them off is a clear indication of belief 

respectfully 

Just now, SLCbear said:

FOR THE 10000th time, CW is NOT THE ONLY QB IN THIS DRAFT ! there are pickes after 1.1 respectfully

respectfully, JF is not a finished product. Everyone knows this. JF knows this. respectfully 

Keeping someone as opposed to casting them off is a clear indication of belief 

respectfully 

It doesn't matter. Drafting a QB in the first round is not telling your QB you believe in him. PERIOD! It means you are planning on moving on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

It doesn't matter. Drafting a QB in the first round is not telling your QB you believe in him. PERIOD! It means you are planning on moving on.

black and white much ? ha ha  

It also clearly means that you  still have some faith in JF 

AnD you want to improve your roster at the most important position IAOS 

again, no matter what JF becomes, he will MISS ALOT OF GAMES 

This is why I like the idea of moving down for Jayden Daniels. Best of all 3 worlds, we keep JF a while longer, draft a rook who can sit  AND pick up some draft assets 

Edited by SLCbear

9 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

black and white much ? ha ha  

It also clearly means that you  still have some faith in JF 

AnD you want to improve your roster at the most important position IAOS 

again, no matter what JF becomes, he will MISS ALOT OF GAMES 

This is why I like the idea of moving down for Jayden Daniels. Best of all 3 worlds, we keep JF a while longer, draft a rook who can sit  AND pick up some draft assets 

5 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

MULTIPLE and VARYING MOVING PARTS but we are in positions of great strength for EVERYTHING 

wait and see is best approach 

Video gif. Three way split screen of three news anchors. The woman laughs, the man in the middle has a completely blank face, and the man on the right looks at us with a “Are you for real” expression. He tilts his head, furrows his eyebrows, and smirks.

50 minutes ago, Epyon said:

It's a binary question for a starting QB. Can you win a Superbowl with the guy or not? If the answer is no, he's wasting space.

Wow, this is a startling revelation, but looking back not all that surprising from you. It really does shed alot of light on some of the stuff you push onto other posters opinions (you know, pretending we are some die hard Fields supporters just because we dont want to run him out of town on a rail).

Especially if you frame it as "can you win a Super Bowl with the guy?", because that is actually a pretty large list, I mean Nick Foles and Joe Flacco won Super Bowls. Heck, the corpse of Peyton Manning won one. And if Tom Brady wasnt the GOAT, that list would likely have some other crazy names on (names like Jimmy G and Bortles. heck Rex Grossman was on the doorstep)

The NFC is literally guaranteed to be represented by an afterthought QB this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If I am honest the QB I see the most in Caleb is Russell Wilson with more arm angle throws...if he is prime Wilson on the field then great...we just need to hope he isn't Wilson off the field.

I could see Wilson with more arm talent. Caleb will have a top 5 arm in the NFL all things considered. As special as Fields is as an athlete, Williams is as a pure thrower.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

you know, pretending we are some die hard Fields supporters just because we dont want to run him out of town on a rail

You want to gamble the future of this franchise for the next ~6 years on a QB who has shown absolutely nothing at the NFL level when you have the #1 overall pick, and for no logical, articulable justification. How is that NOT being a "die hard Fields supporter"?

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Heck, the corpse of Peyton Manning won one.

Peyton is one of the top QBs of all time. He, (like Brady), where able to still succeed despite obvious end of career physical limitations because of knowledge and experience. All that crazy "processing" stuff Fields struggles with, combined with close to two decades of experience doing it successfully.

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

And if Tom Brady wasnt the GOAT, that list would likely have some other crazy names on (names like Jimmy G and Bortles.

That "if" is carrying a lot there. It isn't just Brady, btw..... the best QBs nearly invariably have their teams in the post season and/or competitive for a title. QB talent is by far the best predictor of team NFL success.

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Especially if you frame it as "can you win a Super Bowl with the guy?", because that is actually a pretty large list, I mean Nick Foles and Joe Flacco won Super Bowls

So did Eli.... And what did they all have in common? They played at a very high level for the duration of the playoffs.  Fields has barely managed to scrape together 4 consecutive quarters in 3 years.... let alone been able to string together anything resembling a multi game streak.

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Video gif. Three way split screen of three news anchors. The woman laughs, the man in the middle has a completely blank face, and the man on the right looks at us with a “Are you for real” expression. He tilts his head, furrows his eyebrows, and smirks.

Can you please use your words man, I  don't understand  crusty old man memes   respectfully 

Are you saying that we are not in positions of strength ?  

you don't like Jayden Daniels ? 

JF WON't miss games ?

keeping JF does NOT show faith in him ??

Edited by SLCbear