IOL | UConn

A

Ben Sinnott

TE | Kansas State

A

MarShawn Lloyd

RB | USC

A

I would not be upset with Nabers at all, that being said, I'm pretty intrigued by Odunze.  It might be a meatball take like most of what I have to say, but I think his size and catch radius would be a great complimentary game to DJ Moore.  

29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

April is so far.

I guess we have the combine.

Caleb isn't skinny.  He may not be 6'3, but he isn't small.

I know this wasnt your point of using this tweet, but this guy's assertion about footwork is just another thing that is pure BS, and why this conversation is already so toxic (on the internet as a whole). 

In the clips he is leading with different feet (for different alignments Im aware) but not only that, Im pretty sure I read he switched this up for this entire past season at USC. Not to mention, that style of offense is now nearly 2/3 of the league in one way or another. So claiming that is some insight that he knows he is going to the Bears is just absurd.

As for Caleb's size, no one is calling him Bryce Young (although that is what many are comparing him to, not the bar I would be using) but if he comes in Under 6-foot, you have to admit that would be something you have to pause on. That doesnt disqualify him by any means, but its a factor you have to look at and be alright with. 

And the other thing, and probably more important in my mind, is the Hand measurement. If he comes in under 9-inches, Im going to have some concerns. Its a tough thing to overcome, especially if he ends up closer to Kenny Pickett. You cant play they way that Caleb does (ball away from his body) and say you are secure with the ball if your hands are too small. 

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know this wasnt your point of using this tweet, but this guy's assertion about footwork is just another thing that is pure BS, and why this conversation is already so toxic (on the internet as a whole). 

In the clips he is leading with different feet (for different alignments Im aware) but not only that, Im pretty sure I read he switched this up for this entire past season at USC. Not to mention, that style of offense is now nearly 2/3 of the league in one way or another. So claiming that is some insight that he knows he is going to the Bears is just absurd.

As for Caleb's size, no one is calling him Bryce Young (although that is what many are comparing him to, not the bar I would be using) but if he comes in Under 6-foot, you have to admit that would be something you have to pause on. That doesnt disqualify him by any means, but its a factor you have to look at and be alright with. 

And the other thing, and probably more important in my mind, is the Hand measurement. If he comes in under 9-inches, Im going to have some concerns. Its a tough thing to overcome, especially if he ends up closer to Kenny Pickett. You cant play they way that Caleb does (ball away from his body) and say you are secure with the ball if your hands are too small. 

I'd say from eyeball test he is 6'1.  

Reggie Bush is 5'11 and Leinhart is 6'5

CJ Stroud is 6'3.  Stetson Bennett (far left) is 5'11.  

I can care less about which foot is forward.   Hand size only matters if your hands are tiny.  He clearly doesn't have tiny hands.

Look at him.  My whole point is this isn't a small dude like some were saying.  This is a large athlete, he could play RB.

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Hand size only matters if your hands are tiny.  He clearly doesn't have tiny hands.

I love how you are calming anything as "clearly". We have no idea what his hands will measure at, but what we DO know is he is averaging nearly a Fumble per Game. Which I personally find concerning for a few reasons, especially with the better defenders he will face but also moving to a larger ball.

49 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

My whole point is this isn't a small dude like some were saying.  This is a large athlete, he could play RB.

In what league is he a "Large Athlete"? Pee Wee?

Sorry Im not going to play Photo-Hunt trying to decipher how tall he is, you know the thing that both sides of the Bryce Young argument tried to use last year. Ill take an official measurement in a few weeks.

These are all just questions he has to answer, just like every single other prospect in the history of the Draft has had to do. The fact that you (as well as many more on the internet) cant even just take them as questions, especially ones like these that we will get definitive answers to (not even the ones that only can be answered by interviews and background checks) and feel the need to vehemently defend him, says alot more about your stance than mine

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I love how you are calming anything as "clearly". We have no idea what his hands will measure at, but what we DO know is he is averaging nearly a Fumble per Game. Which I personally find concerning for a few reasons, especially with the better defenders he will face but also moving to a larger ball.

In what league is he a "Large Athlete"? Pee Wee?

Sorry Im not going to play Photo-Hunt trying to decipher how tall he is, you know the thing that both sides of the Bryce Young argument tried to use last year. Ill take an official measurement in a few weeks.

These are all just questions he has to answer, just like every single other prospect in the history of the Draft has had to do. The fact that you (as well as many more on the internet) cant even just take them as questions, especially ones like these that we will get definitive answers to (not even the ones that only can be answered by interviews and background checks) and feel the need to vehemently defend him, says alot more about your stance than mine

I can confidently say he is roughly 6'1 and 215-225.  If you think that is small then fine.  Like I said he is built like a large RB.  He would be small for a DL, OL or NBA.  

One can look at photos and videos without a shirt and see how big they are with some small margin of error.   We use other objects in the photo to tell for comparison.

Just like I could look at photos of Bryce Young and see he was small.  Bryce Young is a lot smaller than Caleb.  

This doesn't make me Sherlock Holmes.  It's obvious.  

17 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I would not be upset with Nabers at all, that being said, I'm pretty intrigued by Odunze.  It might be a meatball take like most of what I have to say, but I think his size and catch radius would be a great complimentary game to DJ Moore.  

I like Odunze but Nabers is in a different league for me...his explosiveness and ability to create are elite...I don't see that with Odunze who is more of a ball winner but that will be tougher for him to do in the pros.

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I like Odunze but Nabers is in a different league for me...his explosiveness and ability to create are elite...I don't see that with Odunze who is more of a ball winner but that will be tougher for him to do in the pros.

DJ with Nabers, MHJ, Franklin, or ThomasJr would be world class.  I don't like the DJ with Odunze (same for Coleman) too much; however, if he runs 4.4 then I can accept.

Edited by JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I can confidently say he is roughly 6'1 and 215-225.  If you think that is small then fine.  Like I said he is built like a large RB.  He would be small for a DL, OL or NBA.  

One can look at photos and videos without a shirt and see how big they are with some small margin of error.   We use other objects in the photo to tell for comparison.

Just like I could look at photos of Bryce Young and see he was small.  Bryce Young is a lot smaller than Caleb.  

This doesn't make me Sherlock Holmes.  It's obvious.  

First of all, I hate the tweet, and all the internet forensics it represents.  This is a stupid time to be alive, and a stupid time to be a Bears fan, but then again there was really like 3 years last century when it was smart.

He looks bigger than I'd expected given all the nudging down of his numbers on twitter etc.  I think he'll be OK.  Bryce Young look little and it's a problem in the NFL. Kyler is smaller, Wilson is smaller.  

I still maintain the con the Bears are going to spend the most time arguing over is whether he's going to be risky given the headache potential. Imagine they will unless they get some truly insane offer. 

Unrelated to the draft:  The Bears "interest" in working with the park district seems to consist of announcing things and sending a couple guys out to look around the harbor and McCormick area.  I think this is all for show and probably in cooperation with the city in return for making their exit as harmonious as possible. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

First of all, I hate the tweet, and all the internet forensics it represents.  This is a stupid time to be alive, and a stupid time to be a Bears fan, but then again there was really like 3 years last century when it was smart.

He looks bigger than I'd expected given all the nudging down of his numbers on twitter etc.  I think he'll be OK.  Bryce Young look little and it's a problem in the NFL. Kyler is smaller, Wilson is smaller.  

I still maintain the con the Bears are going to spend the most time arguing over is whether he's going to be risky given the headache potential. Imagine they will unless they get some truly insane offer. 

Unrelated to the draft:  The Bears "interest" in working with the park district seems to consist of announcing things and sending a couple guys out to look around the harbor and McCormick area.  I think this is all for show and probably in cooperation with the city in return for making their exit as harmonious as possible. 

I'm pretty sure it's for show as well but a part of me wonders if they just find it easier to work with Mayor Johnson than Lightfoot.

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

He most likely will be, but no one should pretend that its not a question that needs to be answered

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Very true, and the problem for all of us, is we will never know what the Bears think about all of that until the minute they publicly make the decision and trade Fields/the Pick

• Like 3