Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

Carter needs to be fired or Saleh needs to get his ship in order.

Taylor Lewan posted about how he loved Vrabel and his staff “except Keith Carter” then you have Breece laughing at the post and Becton calling it “facts”.  This is a bad look

18 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

What exactly are you basing this off of? At least three more years? Is this wishful thinking?

AR himself said this. He wants to play for several more years and wants to play into his mid 40's. So 3 years is just about right. 

57 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

AR himself said this. He wants to play for several more years and wants to play into his mid 40's. So 3 years is just about right. 

Of course he wants to, but he’s not Tom Brady, not even close. We’ll see if his body let’s him, he was showing clear signs of decline in 2022.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Of course he wants to, but he’s not Tom Brady, not even close. We’ll see if his body let’s him, he was showing clear signs of decline in 2022.

Tom Brady the health nut vs Aaron Rodgers the Psychadelic Hippie 

11 hours ago, Mattmanz said:

It always seems like a surprise HC firing happens a year or 2 before the jets decide to fire their HC. I'd be seriously interested in Vrabel if we were in the market this off-season 

We’ll be facing Vrabel twice a year now

On 1/10/2024 at 7:49 AM, GangGreen420 said:

Carter needs to be fired or Saleh needs to get his ship in order.

Taylor Lewan posted about how he loved Vrabel and his staff “except Keith Carter” then you have Breece laughing at the post and Becton calling it “facts”.  This is a bad look

Lewan didn't out and out say that Carter was an issue. What Lewan had an issue with was the strict demeanor that Carter exhibits. Lewan said in effect when Carter first arrived his attitude was less strict and demanding. But as time went on he exhibited a non player friendly strict demeanor. 

Becton of all people, who wouldn't know commitment if it fell out of the sky and landed on his head is talking and complaining? Becton would probably have a career worth taking about if he wasn't so busy filling his fat butt with food and putting undue strain on his knees.

Breece on the other hand I would have to give the benefit of the doubt to, Breece excelled and if he has an issue with Carter, then I have to listen. Breece is very personable, very likable, very down to earth.

BB is no longer the Pats HC. Crazy I saw Brady last game as a Pat and last Sunday I was there for BB last game. I'm glad these 2 are done. Now the AFC east will be open to anyone. Bills and Miami don't scare me. The jets have beaten them both and split with them both too. I think the Pats are going to have a very long time in the basement like the rest of the AFC east teams have had in the past. I live in Maine and now all those people under 3o will find out what it was like inm the 80's and 90's. 

23 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

You are right again, I said three months ago this Rodgers thing could blow up in our face.

9 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Pats are going to have a very long time in the basement like the rest of the AFC east teams have had in the past. I live in Maine and now all those people under 3o will find out what it was like inm the 80's and 90's. 

We can only hope! I live in southern New Hampshire and my sister lives up near Lewiston Maine. I'm beyond ready for folks up here to see what normal fandom is like.

22 hours ago, Mattmanz said:

It always seems like a surprise HC firing happens a year or 2 before the jets decide to fire their HC. I'd be seriously interested in Vrabel if we were in the market this off-season 

What's the actual draw to Vrabel? I don't think I get it. He took over for a coach that led a team to a 9-7 record, to a 9-7 record. 

He rode the back of prime derrick Henry to the playoffs in back to back years followed by back to back losing seasons.

It just feels like any real success he had was more about Henry's dominance than anything else.

• Like 1