Week 9: VIKINGS (4-4) at Falcons (4-4)

swede700

22 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

This is huge. The rest of their receivers are a bunch of nobody's. This game is totally winnable. 

Their WRs are Van Jefferson (of Rams' fame), KhaDarel Hodge, Scotty Miller and Mack Hollins (Raiders?)...and on their practice squad are guys like Chris Blair, the well-traveled Damiere Byrd and Frank Darby. 

• Like 1

I saw that Atlanta is very low on the list of 20+ yard touchdowns.

We seem to do well with stopping the big plays, so my guess is Heinicke will dink and dunk like crazy and they'll commit to the run game. 

I'd like our chances much more with Cousins, but I think it'll be close regardless.

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What's the biggest overreaction going to be after this game?

If the Vikings win, "We have our successor to Kirk!"...if they lose "He sucks!  Just cut him now!"

FWIW, if the Vikings do win, their playoff chances are up to 56% (and the Falcons' drop to 30%)...if they lose, it's down to 24% (and the Falcons' is up to 60%).

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If the Vikings win, "We have our successor to Kirk!"...if they lose "He sucks!  Just cut him now!"

FWIW, if the Vikings do win, their playoff chances are up to 56% (and the Falcons' drop to 30%)...if they lose, it's down to 24% (and the Falcons' is up to 60%).

If we win:

Brock Purdy 2.0!!!!!!

• Like 1

If the offense struggles moving the ball, there will be a lot of criticisms of KOCs play calling. 

I'm curious to see how he changes his play calling with a mobile QB though.  In his one press conference he sounded excited to have a qb that can get a first down with his legs when the play doesn't work out

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Not using his playmakers at all.

hmmm...

On January 21, 2019, Smith was promoted to [Tennessee's] offensive coordinator, replacing Matt LaFleur, who departed to become head coach of the Green Bay Packers two weeks prior. In his first year as offensive coordinator, Smith oversaw the highest-scoring Titans team in 16 years, with Derrick Henry, Ryan Tannehill, and Jonnu Smith having career years. Smith was praised for his play-calling in the Titans' 28-12 win over the top-seeded Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Divisional Round.

wikipedia

• Like 1