HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Held out for what? A trade? Imagine having that leverage. 

He'd have gotten 45+ million. 

I mean yeah a trade. It was obvious he was done with the raiders at that point and he absolutely did have that leverage with his salary figure. They either pay him to sit on the bench or cut him and he can go elsewhere. When he got benched he was done with this franchise. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

You don’t. You’d only get bonuses that weren’t tied to like workouts and what not. 

I think Mark knew that 50% of the fan base was done with Carr anyways. 
He knew it got ugly, and past the point of no return, so just cut bait. 
yes riders could of played the sit on bench / hold out game, but I think Mark did him a solid and let him be free. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

I think Mark knew that 50% of the fan base was done with Carr anyways. 
He knew it got ugly, and past the point of no return, so just cut bait. 
yes riders could of played the sit on bench / hold out game, but I think Mark did him a solid and let him be free. 

That and wanted the cap space that would be tied to a hold out to secure the next QB. Once Carr was benched he was never going to play another snap for this franchise again. His ego would not ever have allowed it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Tell me you're 12 without telling me that you're 12.

Idk man, the way some people defended McDaniels through thick and thin up until it became "cool" to want him gone, they deserve to he called out. 

It wasn't but a few weeks ago I was being called a fake fake for pointing out it was clear the locker room couldn't stand the guy. I don't know about you, but I sorta wanna keep track of the closet Patriots fans. 

Defending Josh McDaniels was so obviously the wrong move it's damn near criminally negligent. And I have absolutely no doubt if we were 7-1 right now, those of us who wanted McDaniels gone would be getting eviscerated. 

Edited by ronjon1990

Wow some blunders in  from McDaniels and Ziegler since being hired. Some we knew and others were surprising

-For all the flack DZ got, he did help modernize the front offices and scouting departments. Gotta give him credit for that but guilty by association

- Giving Derek Carr a no trade clause, then locking us to get no compensation 

- No having advance scouting reports on the 2023 QBs so we were beat to the trade

- Low balling Jared Stidham with a 1 year , 3million deal

- Believing Jimmy G already knew the complicated offense and signing him when he needed another surgery 

-Not giving Aidan 1st team reps during Chargers week

- Starting Hoyer vs Bears which a LOT of coaches and players disagreed with. Even Hoyer was surprised 

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Point is, he was under contract. Brady retiring, they could have paid out his bonus. He either plays or asks for a trade. 

He would've sat. They made his wife cry lol. And they weren't gonna take that risk(which was one of the few smart things that Ziegler did)