Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure we'll survive letting go of a DC that has been: 

2023 - 22nd in ppg / 19th in ypg / 24th in TO forced

2022 - 26th in ppg / 28th in ypg / 32nd in TO forced 

2021 - 23rd in ppg / 21st in ypg / 14th in TO forced

2020 - 9th in ppg / 12th in ypg / 10th in TO forced

2019 - 32nd in ppg / 30th in ypg / 28th in TO forced

100%. PG has feasted on bad offenses this season. People don’t realize we likely have the easiest defensive (our defense) SOS of the entire NFL. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I wouldn't be terribly upset with any of those top 5. God knows what Mark's list is though

Hopefully he has come to realize that to win in the AFC you need a good offensive mind (HC/OC) and a stud QB.

You're gonna have to compete with Allen, Mahomes, Tua, Lawrence, Herbert, Burrow, Lamar, Stroud, Richardson, and Watson for the foreseeable future.

I can’t say I hate any of the candidates, maybe Eric B. They are all quality candidates this time around. Ben Johnson is by far my #1 choice. The next great up and comer IMO. Distant 2nd would probably be Harbaugh. 3rd would be Dan Quinn. I’m not sure Quinn is a great HC Leader, but we will end up with a Top 5 Defense if we give him a full 3-4 years. 4th would be the Dolphins OC, amazing scheme.. but I’m not sure I like his personality, and that scheme requires speed everywhere. We have one of the slowest offenses in the NFL by far. 

I don’t want Rivera. That screams Del Rio 2015 all over again. In 2015, we desperately needed a culture change. 13 years of terrible culture. We all knew Del Rio would change the culture but would likely only be coach 3-4 years. Same with Rivera, will change the culture, but fired after 4 years. We are not that desperate for a culture change. I want the real thing now. Not a placeholder. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

I can’t say I hate any of the candidates, maybe Eric B. They are all quality candidates this time around. Ben Johnson is by far my #1 choice. The next great up and comer IMO. Distant 2nd would probably be Harbaugh. 3rd would be Dan Quinn. I’m not sure Quinn is a great HC Leader, but we will end up with a Top 5 Defense if we give him a full 3-4 years. 4th would be the Dolphins OC, amazing scheme.. but I’m not sure I like his personality, and that scheme requires speed everywhere. We have one of the slowest offenses in the NFL by far. 

I don’t want Rivera. That screams Del Rio 2015 all over again. In 2015, we desperately needed a culture change. 13 years of terrible culture. We all knew Del Rio would change the culture but would likely only be coach 3-4 years. Same with Rivera, will change the culture, but fired after 4 years. We are not that desperate for a culture change. I want the real thing now. Now a placeholder. 

An absolute no for Rivera from me as well. I am happy with Johnson, Harbaugh, Smith, etc but I want nothing to do with Rivera or Bienemy.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I wouldn't be terribly upset with any of those top 5. God knows what Mark's list is though

I agree, it’s a decent shortlist.

And I do remember that before we hired McDaniels he was nowhere to be seen on these lists. There was Harbaugh, Bowles, Morris, Bisaccia and a few other random coordinators and college names. Then suddenly he got the job. Mark is unpredictable like that.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I agree, it’s a decent shortlist.

And I do remember that before we hired McDaniels he was nowhere to be seen on these lists. There was Harbaugh, Bowles, Morris, Bisaccia and a few other random coordinators and college names. Then suddenly he got the job. Mark is unpredictable like that.

Dabo Swinney here we come lol

33 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I don’t think Harbaugh and McCarthy have to come as a package. Ben Johnson can do wonders with him. Ben Johnson has consistently made Goff look like a Top 8-9 QB. Not even McVay did that IMO. 

To be fair, though, McVay's shine has slowly dimmed a bit. Talent is an issue and the Rams re-mortgaged the house for the Superbowl run. But Goff was way way way more talented than the Rams acknowledged and they shafted him. 

McVay is a good coach and has his ring, but I don't believe he couldn’t have gotten one with Goff at QB. I think McVay has a little bit of Josh McDaniels in him insofar as he views his system as preeminent. Goff wasn't a tight glove fit, thus Goff was disposable trash. 

That brings me to Johnson. Johnson took the reins and said IDGAF what the Rams or Sean McVay thought about this guy, I'm gonna rejuvenate his career (which all but a few assumed was on the ropes when the trade was made). Johnson didn't just install a scheme and try to pick and choose guys based in it. He has done the obvious-but-rarely-done thing and adjusted to his players' respective strengths as much as possible and we've seen the dividends it can pay. 

Give me Ben Johnson all day every day. He's not a guy that will just go on a short run of dominance, he strikes me as the Shanahan type that will stick around a while and make the adjustments to stay relevant. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

I don't really care if it's an Offensive guy, Defensive, X's and O's, Meathead Ra-Ra dude, just make sure they know how to manage the in-game stuff. For how bad of a communicator, leader, game caller, adjuster JMD was, how many mistakes did he commit such as kicking FGs when we NEED a TD, not calling timeouts when we NEED the clock to stop, etc, etc.

Good god high school coaches would better execute these things than derp dip.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

To be fair, though, McVay's shine has slowly dimmed a bit. Talent is an issue and the Rams re-mortgaged the house for the Superbowl run. But Goff was way way way more talented than the Rams acknowledged and they shafted him. 

McVay is a good coach and has his ring, but I don't believe he couldn’t have gotten one with Goff at QB. I think McVay has a little bit of Josh McDaniels in him insofar as he views his system as preeminent. Goff wasn't a tight glove fit, thus Goff was disposable trash. 

That brings me to Johnson. Johnson took the reins and said IDGAF what the Rams or Sean McVay thought about this guy, I'm gonna rejuvenate his career (which all but a few assumed was on the ropes when the trade was made). Johnson didn't just install a scheme and try to pick and choose guys based in it. He has done the obvious-but-rarely-done thing and adjusted to his players' respective strengths as much as possible and we've seen the dividends it can pay. 

Give me Ben Johnson all day every day. He's not a guy that will just go on a short run of dominance, he strikes me as the Shanahan type that will stick around a while and make the adjustments to stay relevant. 

1000000%

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

100%. PG has feasted on bad offenses this season. People don’t realize we likely have the easiest defensive (our defense) SOS of the entire NFL. 

Defense played well vs the Lions, offense left them hanging.