Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Right now I want Harbaugh but I’ll admit that’s more heart than head. I’ll be happy with any young offensive coach really, provided they’re innovative and can play to their team’s strengths. I’m not sure how much I want guys who are their way or the highway though like Gruden or JMD. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Graham has a little bit of an excuse for this year due to the offense being putrid. 

That said, the defense has only really looked decent-ish because the offense has been so bad. We've played mostly inept offenses and the good ones we played had little issue with us. Most of the scores were closer, for the box score scouts, but Detroit wasn't on their A game and still could've put up 40+ on us. There's really just no way to account for Graham's annual bottom barrel rankings. If we consistently lost games 20-17  and held opposing offenses mostly in check, sure, there's an  argument to be made. 

But the reality is we've looked average against abysmal competition and caught some lucky breaks against better ones. We've been incredibly lucky to not be blown out in embarrassing fashion on a few occasions (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit), even with adjusting for the offense's ineptitude. 

Hey, all I have to say is that, regardless of what I have said about some of the stupid things that Patrick Graham is done he has definitely earned the right to continue being the coordinator of this defense seeing as we have seen improvement. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Contrary to popular perception, I'm not against Eric bienemy either. Surprisingly, it's not the offense that's failed Washington. It's been the defense.

Not sure I want Bienemy considering all the reports about him not meshing well with players. We just dealt with that with McDaniels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t rule out AP. Who says we can make a playoff run like we did under Rich?

Highly unlikely…. Like lottery odds.

Kind of a big difference in coaches and situations.  Rich B. Is/was at the time an ultra experienced coach taking over a team that had its head coach stolen away from them by Goddell and not fired for performance.  They were 3-2, went 7-5 during the season under Rich B and ended up 10-7 and in playoffs.  Rich just had to steady the ship, and inspire the guys.

antonio pierce is a super inexperienced coach, taking over a team that’s going to be playing a mid round rookie QB, and 3-5 which probably means we’d have to go 7-2 with the right teams losing at the end of the season to get into the playoffs.  AP also has an inexperienced QB coach taking over the offense that’s in total disarray. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Highly unlikely…. Like lottery odds.

Kind of a big difference in coaches and situations.  Rich B. Is/was at the time an ultra experienced coach taking over a team that had its head coach stolen away from them by Goddell and not fired for performance.  They were 3-2, went 7-5 during the season under Rich B and ended up 10-7 and in playoffs.  Rich just had to steady the ship, and inspire the guys.

antonio pierce is a super inexperienced coach, taking over a team that’s going to be playing a mid round rookie QB, and 3-5 which probably means we’d have to go 7-2 with the right teams losing at the end of the season to get into the playoffs.  AP also has an inexperienced QB coach taking over the offense that’s in total disarray. 

And look at our schedule. We'd have to go 7-2 against some of the best teams in the league. Miami, KC twice, another 2 divisional games, the Jets are playing amazing D, Indy is no pishover. I just can't see O'Connell leading us to 2 losses in that stretch

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

And look at our schedule. We'd have to go 7-2 against some of the best teams in the league. Miami, KC twice, another 2 divisional games, the Jets are playing amazing D, Indy is no pishover. I just can't see O'Connell leading us to 2 losses in that stretch

In the snowballs chance in hell that we did I’d consider us a potential wild card run to Super Bowl contender honestly. Would mean there was something clicking that was untapped. 

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

Not sure I want Bienemy considering all the reports about him not meshing well with players. We just dealt with that with McDaniels.

Yeah but he doesn't have some Hall of Fame quarterback to hide behind here in Washington. So what he's doing is actually impressive.