Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

I could see Ben Johnson in Carolina just for the fact the owner will pay him crazy money just because he can. If I had to guess today...

Raiders - Antonio Pierce (Has a shot to go 5-4 with Aidan O'Connell, impressive) If not AP I think David Shaw could seriously be in the mix.)

Panthers - Ben Johnson (If Tepper can't land Johnson, it will be Frank Smith)

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh (Only if Dean Spanos is finally willing to spend big time money on a coach, If not I'd guess Dan Quinn)

Washington - Bill Belichick (I can see Bill in Washington with Josh McDaniels as OC and Drake Maye at QB. Could be a quick rebuild)

Patriots - Mike MacDonald (Mayo has been rumored to be the guy for awhile but there has been turmoil in the building this season which could cause Kraft to look outside for his next Head Coach.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Jim Harbaugh hopefully. That’s our #1. After that, it’s a mix of different names depending on who you ask. I personally would like to interview Todd Monken as HC over Ben Johnson if Harbaugh falls through.

Get your mitts out of the state of Michigan 😡

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

If you guys win a national championship and a SB, then we should have the ability to take someone 😅

Edited by Xenos

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I understand it's been a very long time since the state of Michigan has been this good but with success, comes Poaching! 

Get ready! It's fun. 👌

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

If you guys win a national championship and a SB, then we should have the ability to take someone 😅

🤔 I’ll think about it and get back to you. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I understand it's been a very long time since the state of Michigan has been this good but with success, comes Poaching! 

Get ready! It's fun. 👌

Used to at least have NBA & NHL championships and a solid Tigers team while the Lions were bad. We’ve been hurting for a long time. 

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

He just needs to pick a better OC.

Yeah, he would need to find a good OC. But Harbaugh would as well. I know he is an offensive guy, but he is also a CEO type HC like Tomlin. BB would be the only one where you know who the OC would be (McDaniels). 

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Used to at least have NBA & NHL championships and a solid Tigers team while the Lions were bad. We’ve been hurting for a long time. 

Just hope it's not both your OC and DC at the same time, then it really gets fun. 👍

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 8:30 PM, 4thandInches said:

Anyone one else think Houston’s OC might get scooped up this off-season? I really like what he’s done and he has pedigree. 

I dunno - I like Slowik but it took several years of Steichen being on my radar for him to get a gig. He doesn't have a whole lot of experience, I think teams are gonna wait on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I dunno - I like Slowik but it took several years of Steichen to be on my radar for him to get a gig. He doesn't have a whole lot of experience, I think teams are gonna wait on him.

You might be right but look at the market. What other potential top notch offensive minded coach is out there, Ben Johnson and……

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Flores and Macdonald should really be 1a and 1b, tbh.

Having Glenn and Wilks up there is a joke

From how the voting was explained, players voted on a scale system for how much they liked playing for their own coordinators. This was not a “who’s the best” or “who would you like to coach you” matter. 

The Chargers are casting a wide net, and that means looking at every option. I’ve been told by a league source they prefer to hire someone who has head coach experience and are hoping to avoid a first-time head coach.

Ben Johnson stans on Chargers twitter are crying right now. 

Seriously though. It feels like Harbaugh and Belichick are their first two choices and Quinn being the third choice if they can't land either Harbaugh or Belichick. Vrabel is a wild card, if he becomes available, he probably jumps Quinn and maybe even Belichick. 

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

Ben Johnson stans on Chargers twitter are crying right now. 

Seriously though. It feels like Harbaugh and Belichick are their first two choices and Quinn being the third choice if they can't land either Harbaugh or Belichick. Vrabel is a wild card, if he becomes available, he probably jumps Quinn and maybe even Belichick. 

I approve this train of thought!! Hands off Ben Johnson 😁