Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

TV? Nobody wants to see him on the screen mumbling. The perfect non-coaching job for him would be executive producer of a show about football history (which he is passionate about). I would watch every second of every episode of that. But he would have to hire a host and stay away from the camera.

You get him around the right people, I think you could make something special. Like I think a show or program with him and Saban just sitting around breaking down the game would be fun to watch.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

i dont disagree although the mumbling is exaggerated by your post. it is a side show to his act as a hc whereas general tv commentary he has shown to be affable

You're probably right. I was surprised how likable Bill Parcels was on pre-game shows. Before that, I just thought of him as a Marine drill sergeant head coach.

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You get him around the right people, I think you could make something special. Like I think a show or program with him and Saban just sitting around breaking down the game would be fun to watch.

Good find. This opened my eyes about BB. By the way, he was always a big Ed Reed fan. Reed is probably Belichick's favorite player among those that he never coached.

I love Peyton Manning's "What the hell?" face in that video. 😅

11 hours ago, scar988 said:

This is exactly right. Blank likes his weekly progress meetings on Mondays. He likes having an open line with the coach. And he doesn't want McKay out of the building. 

Belichick wants total control, and the Falcons will not give that to him. IF they wouldn't give it to Parcells in 2008, why would they give it to Bill in 2024.

This is why Bill won't be here.

Absolutely. "Cooperative" is what I hear all the time in terms of how Blank runs the organization. Bill is a dictator. His way or the highway. Very clashing on a basic level.

Because Rams wanted to try and disparage the whole process in Atlanta, literally the whole time. McKay played his role. Fontenot, Beadles and McKay were there for every interview except those dinners with Belichick. Almost like they ran a process where the 4 guys had to agree on who they were hiring, because if they didn’t all agree, it wasn’t going to work. You don’t build up an organizational framework and then tear it down for a coach who hasn’t won anything without the greatest QB of all time. 

• Like 1

I have to wonder if Bill’s just wetting his feet because he really wants a specific job. I’ve always gotten the sense that if it were completely up to him, he’d be the HC of the Giants. Conspiracy theorist in me wonders if he wasn’t just testing the waters, with his eyes really set on NY in 2025 if DaBoll gets fired. 

Taking his age into account and the fact that no other teams have shown interest as far as we know, makes me think my thought is a little to conspiracy oriented. But can’t help but think it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

Belichick wants total control, and the Falcons will not give that to him. IF they wouldn't give it to Parcells in 2008, why would they give it to Bill in 2024.

Is that what happened with Parcells? I thought he was all but confirmed for a major front office position before he backed out at the last moment. Was it because they wouldn't give him control?

4 hours ago, Soko said:

I have to wonder if Bill’s just wetting his feet because he really wants a specific job. I’ve always gotten the sense that if it were completely up to him, he’d be the HC of the Giants. Conspiracy theorist in me wonders if he wasn’t just testing the waters, with his eyes really set on NY in 2025 if DaBoll gets fired. 

Taking his age into account and the fact that no other teams have shown interest as far as we know, makes me think my thought is a little to conspiracy oriented. But can’t help but think it.

that is possible or he just hopes the commanders take him and his reject coordinators to get back at the entire nfc east who went with other coaches and we all know bill spites harddd (with three d’s)

10 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

TV? Nobody wants to see him on the screen mumbling. The perfect non-coaching job for him would be executive producer of a show about football history (which he is passionate about). I would watch every second of every episode of that. But he would have to hire a host and stay away from the camera.

Belichick was honestly pretty great during the NFL 100 roundtable discussions they had. He seemed in his element just nerding out about great players in NFL history.

5 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Is that what happened with Parcells? I thought he was all but confirmed for a major front office position before he backed out at the last moment. Was it because they wouldn't give him control?

Parcells wanted Blank to sit in his owners box and be completely out of the football loop. That was a big sticking point to why he went to Miami instead.

5 hours ago, Soko said:

The only good conspiracy theory is Darth Jar Jar.

My conspiracy here is Arthur Blank brought Belichick in and wined and dined him just to tell him to "**** off" for what happened in SB51. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

that is possible or he just hopes the commanders take him and his reject coordinators to get back at the entire nfc east who went with other coaches and we all know bill spites harddd (with three d’s)

I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Literally no point to this other than for them to get info on Fields for a potential mid-round pick, because I'm sure Getsy isn't going to be his biggest fan. lol 

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Getsy was very well thought of in GB, would be interesting to see him with a QB that can handle the mental side of being a QB, not that LV has that either, but I think he soon realized that the system he knew in GB wasn't going to work with Fields.