Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, adamq said:

LOL... Shanahan's extention was reportedly 10M/year. Good luck getting 15, Ben 

I think it's smart. Don't waste my time if you aren't willing to pay. Shows you if team really is interested then you negotiate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If the Commanders don't end up with Macdonald that is pretty brutal tbh. The candidates outside of him are Glenn, Quinn, and who else? 

Please take Glenn. Not taking Ben and taking Glenn would be the great consolation prize to losing to SF 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

As funny as that would be, it won’t happen unless Bill gives up his demands of holding GM responsibilities as well as staff choices.

He'd be the ideal candidate if he accepts that. He probably won't

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If the Commanders don't end up with Macdonald that is pretty brutal tbh. The candidates outside of him are Glenn, Quinn, and who else? 

Weaver, Slowik, Bieniemy 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

He told both teams he was staying before he interviewed. 

Johnson? Wasn't Seattle yesterday? And yes, he told Peters and company when they were on the plane to go to him

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Reportedly he had both interviews lined up today (Tuesday). 

Seattle was yesterday. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-coaching-search-narrows-again-with-lions-ben-johnson-reportedly-staying-in-detroit/

The decision comes after Johnson met with Seahawks general manager John Schneider and other members of their front office Monday in Detroit.

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Please take Glenn. Not taking Ben and taking Glenn would be the great consolation prize to losing to SF 

Just saw that there was a survey of 700 players, and Glenn was ranked the top coordinator for players who wanted to play for him.  Results calling plays don’t concern me.  How you lead a team and chart a vision and hire the right people is what matters.  

If we hire McDonald or Glenn, and bring in a young offensive mind like Engstrom to be the OC, I’ll consider this off-season a win, especially considering we have a legitimate executive leading the front office.  

• Like 1